2001 S10 2.2L engine cuts out on freeway

Synchros shot? Weird noises while shifting? Not sure what needs to be replaced?
IMBoring25

Re: 2001 S10 2.2L engine cuts out on freeway

Post by IMBoring25 » Tue May 19, 2020 1:29 am

Could be related. I had an evap system code and an intermittent miss on my Grand Marquis. I replaced the part in question and it took a while to clear but all is well again.

watkins
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Saab 9-5 Aero wagon

Post by watkins » Tue May 19, 2020 4:41 pm

If the CEL is on, you have codes. If you have codes, you have something to go off of. It may not be directly related, but one system often impacts others in ways only engineers can explain.

Pull the codes.

Either way, it sounds like your shop is playing Parts Darts.

ClutchFork
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2001 S10 2.2L manual

Post by ClutchFork » Tue May 19, 2020 9:47 pm

watkins wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 4:41 pm
If the CEL is on, you have codes. If you have codes, you have something to go off of. It may not be directly related, but one system often impacts others in ways only engineers can explain.

Pull the codes.

Either way, it sounds like your shop is playing Parts Darts.

Nope, shop is not playing parts darts. They did not find any codes, and I don't know if the CEL is on or off as it is covered. I am thinking the evap problem was on the Ford Ranger which I got rid of a few years ago. As for parts darts, I took it in back on Feb for this problem and suggested maybe new plugs and wires. they checked for codes, found none, checked fuel pressure, was good, and changed out the fuel filter, was pretty cologged. They did not change the plugs or wires. I brought it back a couple weeks ago and told them just to do the plugs and wires as it has never had them that I am aware of, so it would not hurt. They changed them.
Stick shiftin since '77
theholycow wrote:Why in the world would you even want to be as smooth as an automatic? Might as well just drive an automatic...