Random Videos

All things photo, moving or not.
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty

Re: Random Videos

Post by Rope-Pusher »

The original Ford Maverick once sold for $1995. I think this one starts at $19,950. 50 years of progress(ively increasing vehicle prices)

The Ford Maverick is a compact pickup truck produced by Ford. It was unveiled on June 8, 2021 as the smallest truck marketed by the company. The Maverick is based on a front-wheel drive-based unibody platform shared with the Ford Escape and Bronco Sport, and offered with a hybrid powertrain as standard and a conventional turbo engine as an option
'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"
ClutchFork
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2008 Fusion 2.3L manual

Post by ClutchFork »

Rope-Pusher wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:21 am The original Ford Maverick once sold for $1995. I think this one starts at $19,950. 50 years of progress(ively increasing vehicle prices)

The Ford Maverick is a compact pickup truck produced by Ford. It was unveiled on June 8, 2021 as the smallest truck marketed by the company. The Maverick is based on a front-wheel drive-based unibody platform shared with the Ford Escape and Bronco Sport, and offered with a hybrid powertrain as standard and a conventional turbo engine as an option
does it come with a manual tranny?

Does the Ranger come with a manual?

If yes and yes, then the Ranger is the better vehicle because of RWD.
Stick shiftin since '77
theholycow wrote:Why in the world would you even want to be as smooth as an automatic? Might as well just drive an automatic...
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter

Post by Rope-Pusher »

ClutchFork wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:59 pm
Rope-Pusher wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:21 am The original Ford Maverick once sold for $1995. I think this one starts at $19,950. 50 years of progress(ively increasing vehicle prices)

I'll give you my Google account number and password so you can go look it up.
IMBoring25

Post by IMBoring25 »

With respect to the States, no and no. The non-Sport Bronco is loosely based on the Ranger and the next-gen Ranger will in turn be based on the Bronco. There's some hope that the seven-speed from the Bronco may find its way into the next-gen Ranger.
ClutchFork
Master Standardshifter

Post by ClutchFork »

Rope-Pusher wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:35 pm

I'll give you my Google account number and password so you can go look it up.
Isn't it pathetic when people like me are too lazy to bother looking up something on google, but frankly it is easier to get someone else to look it up. :lol:
Stick shiftin since '77
theholycow wrote:Why in the world would you even want to be as smooth as an automatic? Might as well just drive an automatic...
ClutchFork
Master Standardshifter

Post by ClutchFork »

IMBoring25 wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:18 pm

With respect to the States, no and no. The non-Sport Bronco is loosely based on the Ranger and the next-gen Ranger will in turn be based on the Bronco. There's some hope that the seven-speed from the Bronco may find its way into the next-gen Ranger.
Ah yes, but then we have to face the trials and tribulations of modern transmissions that get computer programs to try to make you drive they way some stuffed shirt in an office thinks we all should drive, so sometimes it won't let you grab certain gears and/or hangs revs if you dump the throttle (that an EPA gem).

I tell you I think the EPA is into my dishwasher. I had a fine dishwasher i bought in 2001 and when it finally died about 2017, I replaced it with a Kitchen Aid. But it won't dry the dishes without a crutch. The crutch is a chemical solution to make the water run off the dishes better. Or course it also is a chemical that could cause harm and so much be kept from children etc. How much electricity does EPA think I save and how much energy did it cost to make this surfactant chemical, which may leave stuff on the dishes that someday will be blamed for some bad health effect who knows. It make me afraid to replace my dryer and washer both which i bought in 1990 and are still working fine.
Stick shiftin since '77
IMBoring25

Post by IMBoring25 »

Not telling me anything new there. I had a 2006 house with a dishwasher in it that worked great. The new house of course has an "energy-saver" over-engineered to save a few milliwatts at point-of-use while wasting a bunch of chemicals, plastic, and transportation logistics for the necessary rinse aid to make the whole thing sort-of work like the last one did. Point of diminishing returns is lost on the utopian statists.

Then there are the wonderful new spillproof gas cans that require impossible dexterity to operate, leak even if I do everything perfectly, and with which I spill about an order of magnitude more gas than I did before. All for more money to buy.
ClutchFork
Master Standardshifter

Post by ClutchFork »

IMBoring25 wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:47 pm Not telling me anything new there. I had a 2006 house with a dishwasher in it that worked great. The new house of course has an "energy-saver" over-engineered to save a few milliwatts at point-of-use while wasting a bunch of chemicals, plastic, and transportation logistics for the necessary rinse aid to make the whole thing sort-of work like the last one did. Point of diminishing returns is lost on the utopian statists.

Then there are the wonderful new spillproof gas cans that require impossible dexterity to operate, leak even if I do everything perfectly, and with which I spill about an order of magnitude more gas than I did before. All for more money to buy.
I had one experience with those gas cans and unless there is a way to gut the eco features, I'll be watching garage sales for old gas cans!

How about clothes dryers. My mother in law had a recent washer and dryer probably from 2014 and I could have had them to replace my 1990 Sears units, but when I saw a water line from the back of the washer going to the dryer, I said no thanks, give them to goodwill. Also the electronic controls can be maddening.
Stick shiftin since '77
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 CX-5 GT

Post by potownrob »

ClutchFork wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:08 pm
IMBoring25 wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:47 pm Not telling me anything new there. I had a 2006 house with a dishwasher in it that worked great. The new house of course has an "energy-saver" over-engineered to save a few milliwatts at point-of-use while wasting a bunch of chemicals, plastic, and transportation logistics for the necessary rinse aid to make the whole thing sort-of work like the last one did. Point of diminishing returns is lost on the utopian statists.

I had one experience with those gas cans and unless there is a way to gut the eco features, I'll be watching garage sales for old gas cans!

How about clothes dryers. My mother in law had a recent washer and dryer probably from 2014 and I could have had them to replace my 1990 Sears units, but when I saw a water line from the back of the washer going to the dryer, I said no thanks, give them to goodwill. Also the electronic controls can be maddening.
ewe no what the water line to the dryer is fore, know? it squirts water into the dryer during the refresh cycle before redrying the clothes. eye use it all the time to fluff things op, and also to make sure my clothes are really dry (since eye'm afraid to set the regular dry cycle to "more dry" in fear of burning down the house).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3eC35LoF4U
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
IMBoring25

Post by IMBoring25 »

I have steam in both the washer and the dryer, but no umbilical. The dryer just has a reservoir that has to be periodically refilled if you use it. I use the steam on most loads in the washer. Not sure I've ever used it in the dryer.

The #1 thing to prevent dryer fires is obsessively cleaning the lint trap and getting the dryer vent regularly cleaned.
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter

Post by Rope-Pusher »

IMBoring25 wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 9:23 pm I have steam in both the washer and the dryer, but no umbilical. The dryer just has a reservoir that has to be periodically refilled if you use it. I use the steam on most loads in the washer. Not sure I've ever used it in the dryer.

The #1 thing to prevent dryer fires is obsessively cleaning the lint trap and getting the dryer vent regularly cleaned.
Hey ClutchFork,
How come when I dry a load with blue denim material, the lint on the dryer filter is a shade of Blue, but when I dry a load of exclusively white clothes (Rhymes with "Hoity Toity"), the lint on the trap isn't white? I add Bluing to the wash water, so the clothes are very bright white, but the lint is a but a whiter shade of pale.
ClutchFork
Master Standardshifter

Post by ClutchFork »

Rope-Pusher wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:01 am
IMBoring25 wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 9:23 pm I have steam in both the washer and the dryer, but no umbilical. The dryer just has a reservoir that has to be periodically refilled if you use it. I use the steam on most loads in the washer. Not sure I've ever used it in the dryer.

Hey ClutchFork,
How come when I dry a load with blue denim material, the lint on the dryer filter is a shade of Blue, but when I dry a load of exclusively white clothes (Rhymes with "Hoity Toity"), the lint on the trap isn't white? I add Bluing to the wash water, so the clothes are very bright white, but the lint is a but a whiter shade of pale.
My theory is that the bluing extracts any color from the white clothes and puts it into the lint. Now I am not a fan of white clothes, as hoity toity as it may be, I am like Pig Pen in the old Charlie Brown cartoon, so cannot keep white clothes white long enough to even get into them, let alone wear them for a while. I don't know how people do oil changes with white clothes on. I tend to use my pants as a shop towel, so like navy blue as it hides a lot of stuff that will show on lighter colored pants.

But white pants or colored pants, we have no choice beyond that, What color pants did Norton wear on the Honeymooners show? That is probablyh a good color as they withstood the sewer worker life.

I want to find a use for dryer lint. I bet you could make a line of recycle stuffed animals: Dryer Lint Creatures or something like that. Youi realize the thousands of pounds of dryer lint that gets thrown away every day and think, what a terrible waste. There must be something we can do with this stuff. Tampons?
Stick shiftin since '77
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter

Post by Rope-Pusher »

ClutchFork wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:26 pm
Rope-Pusher wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:01 am

Hey ClutchFork,
My theory is that the bluing extracts any color from the white clothes and puts it into the lint. Now I am not a fan of white clothes, as hoity toity as it may be, I am like Pig Pen in the old Charlie Brown cartoon, so cannot keep white clothes white long enough to even get into them, let alone wear them for a while. I don't know how people do oil changes with white clothes on. I tend to use my pants as a shop towel, so like navy blue as it hides a lot of stuff that will show on lighter colored pants.

But white pants or colored pants, we have no choice beyond that, What color pants did Norton wear on the Honeymooners show? That is probablyh a good color as they withstood the sewer worker life.

I want to find a use for dryer lint. I bet you could make a line of recycle stuffed animals: Dryer Lint Creatures or something like that. Youi realize the thousands of pounds of dryer lint that gets thrown away every day and think, what a terrible waste. There must be something we can do with this stuff. Tampons?
Any Boy Scout knows that dryer lint is great for starting campfires. By itself, but especially if you add some melted wax (old crayons) or petroleum jelly. Ya takes your empty cardboard egg carton and ya fills each egg depression with lint and then come by wid your pot of melted wax and pours it over the top. After the wax has cooled and hardened, youse can rip the carton into individual chunx of carton and lint and wax (Oh My!).
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter

Post by Rope-Pusher »

Even when I haven't added bluing, the lint isn't white. Is the lint cloth fibers that were maybe from some other article(s) of clothing that became attached to the whites and came off while in the dryer? Here, go take my google card and see what Wikipedia and the rest of the internets have to say about this.Image
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter

Post by Rope-Pusher »

At Long Last!

I've searched numerous times for the video and today it just showed up all on its own.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RJLwJOnotI[/youtube]

The thing is, it's not exactly like I remember it. In my memory, it was shorter, more to the point, and the punch-line from the son at the end was louder, impossible to ignore.

Is this a problem with memories, or do I remember seeing an alternate version of the same commercial, shortened so it would cost less to air?