Misc Thread VI: Return of the Threadi

Off-topic posts, quotes of the day and anything else you just would like to vent to the world. PG-13 or below PLEASE!
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty

Re: Misc Thread VI: Return of the Threadi

Post by Rope-Pusher »

ClutchFork wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:00 pm
watkins wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:51 am Between my heavy foot, needing premium, and having a huge fuel tank, I don't really want to know most of the time. It's even worse with the bus. Sometimes I fill more than my card allows without doing two transactions.
Premium? Yikes! They have a huge increase for premium over regular around here. I can't imagine paying that cost.
They're only about $3 a box.
'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"
watkins
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Saab 9-5 Aero wagon

Post by watkins »

watkins wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:51 am Between my heavy foot, needing premium, and having a huge fuel tank, I don't really want to know most of the time. It's even worse with the bus. Sometimes I fill more than my card allows without doing two transactions.
Premium? Yikes! They have a huge increase for premium over regular around here. I can't imagine paying that cost.
You gotta pay to play! My car is very not stock, so I can't even cheap out once in a while. And I don't even get 20mpg.
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter

Post by Rope-Pusher »

Dear Sir or Madam,
I have hacked into your car. You should contact the manufacturer and ask them to ficks the flaw in their software.
With Warm Regards,
David Colombo

https://europe.autonews.com/automakers/ ... 4-readmore
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 CX-5 GT

Post by potownrob »

eye usually sneak in midgrade, especially in the colder months. :D :twisted: 8)
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter

Post by Rope-Pusher »

So we had maybe 5 yinches of snow yestidy and somemor' overnight and yetmore right nao.

I've been takin' the Orange Monster out on patrol. Yestidy I cleared sidewalks for about 10 houses. The lady on the corner across from me gave me a freshly-baked apple pecan bread loaf. The neighbor to the East of me gave me a plate of brownies, still warm!

Today I went out and blew snow for about 15 houses. A lady brought me a pound cake and some cookies.

If this snow keeps up, I'm going to have to open up a bake shop!
ClutchFork
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2008 Fusion 2.3L manual

Post by ClutchFork »

Rope-Pusher wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 3:49 pm So we had maybe 5 yinches of snow yestidy and somemor' overnight and yetmore right nao.

I've been takin' the Orange Monster out on patrol. Yestidy I cleared sidewalks for about 10 houses. The lady on the corner across from me gave me a freshly-baked apple pecan bread loaf. The neighbor to the East of me gave me a plate of brownies, still warm!

Today I went out and blew snow for about 15 houses. A lady brought me a pound cake and some cookies.

If this snow keeps up, I'm going to have to open up a bake shop!
Yep, bout what we got. The roads were crap Yesterday, still are. I was just out driving. Don't expect much improvement by morning. Do all the plow and salt truck drivers have COVID and are sitting at home?

I shoved just enough snow to clear my walk and get the car out. Will see if the snowblower starts up on Saturday and do the job right.
Stick shiftin since '77
theholycow wrote:Why in the world would you even want to be as smooth as an automatic? Might as well just drive an automatic...
potownrob
Master Standardshifter

Post by potownrob »

dis ice snow shizzle we gott whiff the last storm is all over the place. most off uns are weighting fore the sun to shine tomorrow or wednesday to melt some of it. knead more foreign visitors to take a pick axe to this. i'm too old for this. eye might halve two salt sum of it since we're getting an oil delivery and furnace servicing later this week and the driveway is still covered in this shizzle my online frizzles.
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter

Post by Rope-Pusher »

Aye through a cupola pounce of NaCl on the driveway and sidewalk in honor of today's temperatures maybe getting up to 32 F.

Eye yam mad jelly of my neighbors whoose houses fess South and whoose driveways get full sun when mine is still in the shadows.
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter

Post by Rope-Pusher »

...But what about the most important question?

Lake Erie: 18 rescued from breakaway floating ice sheet

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-60293798

How are they gonna get their snowmobiles back?
potownrob
Master Standardshifter

Post by potownrob »

Rope-Pusher wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 1:52 pm ...But what about the most important question?

Eye herd dare wierd up in dare. Dohn’t feed da wild wons what ever ewe doo.
ClutchFork
Master Standardshifter

Post by ClutchFork »

Rope-Pusher wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 1:52 pm ...But what about the most important question?

That could be costly to retrieve them, but more costly not to as I think that the authorities can force them to pull them from the lake bottom because of environmental pollution and other reasons.

I don't go out on the ice and rarely go on water in boats. Like having solid ground under my feet. Don't like to fly either.
Stick shiftin since '77
theholycow wrote:Why in the world would you even want to be as smooth as an automatic? Might as well just drive an automatic...
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter

Post by Rope-Pusher »

Which do you Prefer, Potato Chips or Legacy Chips?

WHY AUTOMAKERS WANT LEGACY CHIPS - Autoline Daily
Here’s some of our Autoline Insight. A lot of people wonder why the auto industry wants to continue using legacy chips. “Why don’t they just use the latest chip technology?” That’s a question we hear a lot. Here’s the answer. The legacy chips are used on a lot of safety related equipment. Air bag sensors. ABS. Stability control. Those chips are tested and validated under the most intense procedures. They’re designed to last for the life of the car, or about 15 years. It’s what they call automotive grade. The latest chips used in consumer electronics are not automotive grade. Not even close. We ask you: when was the last time you had a smartphone or laptop that lasted 15 years? Probably not many of you. And that’s why automakers want to keep using those legacy chips that are tried and true.
ClutchFork
Master Standardshifter

Post by ClutchFork »

Rope-Pusher wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 1:53 pm Which do you Prefer, Potato Chips or Legacy Chips?

Here’s some of our Autoline Insight. A lot of people wonder why the auto industry wants to continue using legacy chips. “Why don’t they just use the latest chip technology?” That’s a question we hear a lot. Here’s the answer. The legacy chips are used on a lot of safety related equipment. Air bag sensors. ABS. Stability control. Those chips are tested and validated under the most intense procedures. They’re designed to last for the life of the car, or about 15 years. It’s what they call automotive grade. The latest chips used in consumer electronics are not automotive grade. Not even close. We ask you: when was the last time you had a smartphone or laptop that lasted 15 years? Probably not many of you. And that’s why automakers want to keep using those legacy chips that are tried and true.
Nice they want to give us 15 years and not just the 2-3 year lease duration plus resale. Also explains why my 1992 Aerostar PCM went out after about 15 years.
Stick shiftin since '77
potownrob
Master Standardshifter

Post by potownrob »

ClutchFork wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:11 am
Rope-Pusher wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 1:53 pm Which do you Prefer, Potato Chips or Legacy Chips?

Nice they want to give us 15 years and not just the 2-3 year lease duration plus resale. Also explains why my 1992 Aerostar PCM went out after about 15 years.
siriusly, eye fought we were supposed to replace our cars every 2-3 years. why do you think eye replaced the golf and lexus so soon? :o :? :evil:
ClutchFork
Master Standardshifter

Post by ClutchFork »

potownrob wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 8:19 am
siriusly, eye fought we were supposed to replace our cars every 2-3 years. why do you think eye replaced the golf and lexus so soon? :o :? :evil:
[/quote]

For some reason I love driving beaters, so long as they have a manual.
Stick shiftin since '77