Misc Thread VI: Return of the Threadi

Off-topic posts, quotes of the day and anything else you just would like to vent to the world. PG-13 or below PLEASE!
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty

Re: Misc Thread VI: Return of the Threadi

Post by Rope-Pusher »

potownrob wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 11:50 pm I still like pizza
See, the sun DID come out again!
'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter

Post by Rope-Pusher »

Wow, fuel tank is down to 1/4. I last filled up on 21 March for $1.36 per galleon (Plus yearly costco 4% refund) . I'm prolly gonna Philip tomorrow mourning. Speaking of a quarter, that's about what gas costs now, right?
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 CX-5 GT

Post by potownrob »

Rope-Pusher wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 8:29 pm Wow, fuel tank is down to 1/4. I last filled up on 21 March for $1.36 per galleon (Plus yearly costco 4% refund) . I'm prolly gonna Philip tomorrow mourning. Speaking of a quarter, that's about what gas costs now, right?
Eye witch! Cheapest Ive scene late lee was $1.69 and that was inn CT yes turd day. Hier in upstate NY it’s stihl hover ring round $2.09-$2.29 purr gal Len...
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
IMBoring25

Post by IMBoring25 »

That gets you Top Tier 91 octane E0 here.
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter

Post by Rope-Pusher »

Costco near me is $1.579 for Regular, according to the internest.
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter

Post by Rope-Pusher »

This made me think of Tinton, he of the Corvette Brakes and power-boosted Pontiac Fieros.
Pontiac Fiero museum destroyed in flood

We had a little too much rain, that dam water barrier across the Tittabawassee River was overflowed, and then it broke open and everyone saw it's breaches.

https://www.freep.com/picture-gallery/n ... 240300002/
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter

Post by Rope-Pusher »

The price of gasoline has been going up each week for the last month. I paid $1.929 per gallon this morning, about $0.35 more than a month ago, but still less than what I was paying in February or early March.

......But it's a good thing, right? Demand is up because more folks are commuting to work again, so the price has risen also. For about a month there, my lawnmower was my prime fuel user.
ClutchFork
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2008 Fusion 2.3L manual

Post by ClutchFork »

Rope-Pusher wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:49 pm The price of gasoline has been going up each week for the last month. I paid $1.929 per gallon this morning, about $0.35 more than a month ago, but still less than what I was paying in February or early March.

......But it's a good thing, right? Demand is up because more folks are commuting to work again, so the price has risen also. For about a month there, my lawnmower was my prime fuel user.
Very strange when the lawn mower is a bigger fuel sucker than the sports car. You must be driving the lawn mower too much. Do like me. I NEVER water. I Never fertilize, my lawn. Those two things just are work and make work. I have a diverse lawn of grass and other stuff so get about 2.5 months of summer where I never have to mow. But you have to live in a redneck neighborhood to do this. If you live in Bloomfield Hills (or wanna-be-Bloomfield-Hills Canton), then you gotta chem-lawn, fertilize, shear every out-of-place blade of grass or the HOA Nazis will come after you.
Stick shiftin since '77
theholycow wrote:Why in the world would you even want to be as smooth as an automatic? Might as well just drive an automatic...
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter

Post by Rope-Pusher »

ClutchFork wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:44 pm
Rope-Pusher wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:49 pm The price of gasoline has been going up each week for the last month. I paid $1.929 per gallon this morning, about $0.35 more than a month ago, but still less than what I was paying in February or early March.

Very strange when the lawn mower is a bigger fuel sucker than the sports car. You must be driving the lawn mower too much. Do like me. I NEVER water. I Never fertilize, my lawn. Those two things just are work and make work. I have a diverse lawn of grass and other stuff so get about 2.5 months of summer where I never have to mow. But you have to live in a redneck neighborhood to do this. If you live in Bloomfield Hills (or wanna-be-Bloomfield-Hills Canton), then you gotta chem-lawn, fertilize, shear every out-of-place blade of grass or the HOA Nazis will come after you.
Whale, ah doan no F N eyed ever consider my Jeep Liberty as a sports car, but there were some weeks where it was parked and I had no reason to go anywhere with it, but we had some rain and the lawn just kept growing.
ClutchFork
Master Standardshifter

Post by ClutchFork »

Rope-Pusher wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:29 pm

Whale, ah doan no F N eyed ever consider my Jeep Liberty as a sports car, but there were some weeks where it was parked and I had no reason to go anywhere with it, but we had some rain and the lawn just kept growing.
Oh yeah, this is true. Rain has a way of making things grow, that is when it is not torrential and contributing to massive flooding and washouts with the help of decrepit dams,

I have a cordless electric mower, but It only gets about 1000 feet between charges. Very annoying when I need to take it on a grocery run. But I know where every house's outdoor outlet is along the way, but some of the houses have dogs, which is not conducive to a quick and quiet charge.
Stick shiftin since '77
theholycow wrote:Why in the world would you even want to be as smooth as an automatic? Might as well just drive an automatic...
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter

Post by Rope-Pusher »

ClutchFork wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:37 am

Oh yeah, this is true. Rain has a way of making things grow, that is when it is not torrential and contributing to massive flooding and washouts with the help of decrepit dams,

I have a cordless electric mower, but It only gets about 1000 feet between charges. Very annoying when I need to take it on a grocery run. But I know where every house's outdoor outlet is along the way, but some of the houses have dogs, which is not conducive to a quick and quiet charge.
So, is it a good thing when those loose dogs come charging at you?
ClutchFork
Master Standardshifter

Post by ClutchFork »

Rope-Pusher wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:24 am
ClutchFork wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:37 am

So, is it a good thing when those loose dogs come charging at you?
Well it is a quick charge, but it is not quiet!
Stick shiftin since '77
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 CX-5 GT

Post by potownrob »

Rope-Pusher wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 10:43 am This made me think of Tinton, he of the Corvette Brakes and power-boosted Pontiac Fieros.

We had a little too much rain, that dam water barrier across the Tittabawassee River was overflowed, and then it broke open and everyone saw it's breaches.

RIP Tinton :|
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter

Post by Rope-Pusher »

potownrob wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:54 am
Rope-Pusher wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 10:43 am This made me think of Tinton, he of the Corvette Brakes and power-boosted Pontiac Fieros.

RIP Tinton :|
Most people happening across this post wouldn't even know who Tinton is if it weren't for his business that applies darkened plastic sheeting to car windows.
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter

Post by Rope-Pusher »

We've been innundated with critters lately and would prefer to be outundated, so we set some live traps toward that end.
Since yesterday morning, we've caught 3 squirrels, a rat, and last night we caught a raccoon.

It was the weirdest thing.

The raccoon trap was set on the lawn. We had a lot of rain last night (first heavy, soaking rain in mumps!)
My wife couldn't tell it was a raccoon, because it was covered in mud. This creature had reached between the bars and pulled clumps of grass and mud into the trap until it formed a pad about inch-anna-half thick. I've trapped all sorts of backyard visitors before, but never seen this behavior.

I took the trap to the other side of the yard and used the garden hose nozzle to blast most of the mud out...and off the raccoon (could now see the "Mask" around his eyes). Then I drove him out to "Summer Camp" - a virgin wooded lot in an industrial subdivision, next to Grainger and across the street from UPS. No homes within 3/4 mile or so. There he joined the other creatures that had become outundated. I hope they get a good camp counselor!

Oh, but not the rat. He failed the pre-camp swim test. This was Friday morning, before I drove to work and before the rains. He seemed to enjoy the water as it filled the trash can. He clung to the bars of his cage, but when the water level got too high, he couldn't hold his breath long enough and failed the swim test. It was convenient that Friday is trash day and he made it into a bag out on the curb before I drove to work.

I guess I should be glad that I haven't had any deer or coyotes come into the yard. A pair of mallard ducks visited yesterday, and a flight of cardinals. We had three or so Baltimore Oriels come by a few weeks back, and a groundhog (Pork Sausage Patty?) last week, along with the usual rabbits and the occasional opossum. The abundance of animals this year could be related to the construction on the nearby freeway - they've torn out the trees and brush that was growing along the sides in order to squeeze in a couple new lanes.