Misc Thread VI: Return of the Threadi

Off-topic posts, quotes of the day and anything else you just would like to vent to the world. PG-13 or below PLEASE!
User avatar
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Posts: 7532
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2005 11:35 pm
Cars: '13 ES 350; '07 Altima
Location: Dutchess County

Re: Misc Thread VI: Return of the Threadi

Post by potownrob » Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:56 am

tankinbeans wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:02 pm
potownrob wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:23 pm
tankinbeans wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:24 pm
Since you were offend at my notion that Infiniteknees weren't lick surely, Q50? G35/G37?
ewe’ve bin fool’d. eye got uh nice sir Carr.
So...tis a Lexus. I knew it! LFA?

Ha
Ewe didn’t reed my hints write..hiers a moar visual cue...
Image
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.

User avatar
tankinbeans
Master Standardshifter
Posts: 4029
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:04 pm
Cars: 17 Mazda6 To, 18 Mazda3 i
Location: Shakopee, MN

Re: Misc Thread VI: Return of the Threadi

Post by tankinbeans » Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:03 am

A Yoda Rolla
17 Mazda6 Touring
18 Mazda3 iSport
InlinePaul wrote:The driving force of new fangled features to sell more cars [is to] cater to the masses' abject laziness!
Image

User avatar
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Posts: 7532
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2005 11:35 pm
Cars: '13 ES 350; '07 Altima
Location: Dutchess County

Re: Misc Thread VI: Return of the Threadi

Post by potownrob » Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:58 pm

tankinbeans wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:03 am
A Yoda Rolla
Very fun knee
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.

User avatar
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Posts: 7532
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2005 11:35 pm
Cars: '13 ES 350; '07 Altima
Location: Dutchess County

Re: Misc Thread VI: Return of the Threadi

Post by potownrob » Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:06 pm

tankinbeans wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:03 am
A Yoda Rolla
ewe sum hao knead uh nother clue. knot shore eye shud gift ewe won tho...sins ewe app parent lee doughn’t no yore luxury carrs, this won probably wont help munch....

Image
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.

User avatar
tankinbeans
Master Standardshifter
Posts: 4029
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:04 pm
Cars: 17 Mazda6 To, 18 Mazda3 i
Location: Shakopee, MN

Re: Misc Thread VI: Return of the Threadi

Post by tankinbeans » Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:19 pm

Leeches ES something something.

Edit: why do those graphics look like they'd fit well in the Windows 3.1 operating system?
17 Mazda6 Touring
18 Mazda3 iSport
InlinePaul wrote:The driving force of new fangled features to sell more cars [is to] cater to the masses' abject laziness!
Image

User avatar
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Posts: 7532
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2005 11:35 pm
Cars: '13 ES 350; '07 Altima
Location: Dutchess County

Re: Misc Thread VI: Return of the Threadi

Post by potownrob » Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:16 am

tankinbeans wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:19 pm
Leeches ES something something.

Edit: why do those graphics look like they'd fit well in the Windows 3.1 operating system?
eye dint sea yer edit earl lee err...yore on the write track. the infotainment screen graph fix are knot a$$ bad a$$ they seam but arr in deed dated. they are better than the earlier graph fix on the models from the 2000s, especially when it switches too knight mode. its moar like windows 95 or 98 than dark ages 3.1 though. part off the app peerance has too doo whiff the mouse that mooves a cursor around the screen to land on different options, so the option boxes are made big and awkward like that. the maps are severely out dated though, and they make ewe go to the dealer to update maps on newer models (no moar DVD updates), so eye may do that down the line (they release updates in november, so i'd wait til at leased then). they say (online) that the updates are significant, mainly for points of interest and roads etc., but also for the appearance of the maps, meaning the updated ones look newer. they updated the screen appearance, and other things too, with the 2016 refresh. still looks kinda olde compared to the new models.
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.

User avatar
watkins
Master Standardshifter
Posts: 15796
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:42 am
Cars: '08 Saab 9-5 Aero wagon
Location: Salem, MA

Re: Misc Thread VI: Return of the Threadi

Post by watkins » Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:55 pm

Theres definitely something very enjoyable about bombing around in a school bus. I wish I had bought one years ago!

User avatar
tankinbeans
Master Standardshifter
Posts: 4029
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:04 pm
Cars: 17 Mazda6 To, 18 Mazda3 i
Location: Shakopee, MN

Re: Misc Thread VI: Return of the Threadi

Post by tankinbeans » Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:50 pm

watkins wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:55 pm
Theres definitely something very enjoyable about bombing around in a school bus. I wish I had bought one years ago!
Just don't go under 55 mph.
17 Mazda6 Touring
18 Mazda3 iSport
InlinePaul wrote:The driving force of new fangled features to sell more cars [is to] cater to the masses' abject laziness!
Image

User avatar
AHTOXA
Master Standardshifter
Posts: 14688
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2007 6:31 pm
Cars: '19 4RUNNER TRD ORP
Location: Irving, TX

Re: Misc Thread VI: Return of the Threadi

Post by AHTOXA » Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:53 pm

potownrob wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:16 am
tankinbeans wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:19 pm
Leeches ES something something.

Edit: why do those graphics look like they'd fit well in the Windows 3.1 operating system?
eye dint sea yer edit earl lee err...yore on the write track. the infotainment screen graph fix are knot a$$ bad a$$ they seam but arr in deed dated. they are better than the earlier graph fix on the models from the 2000s, especially when it switches too knight mode. its moar like windows 95 or 98 than dark ages 3.1 though. part off the app peerance has too doo whiff the mouse that mooves a cursor around the screen to land on different options, so the option boxes are made big and awkward like that. the maps are severely out dated though, and they make ewe go to the dealer to update maps on newer models (no moar DVD updates), so eye may do that down the line (they release updates in november, so i'd wait til at leased then). they say (online) that the updates are significant, mainly for points of interest and roads etc., but also for the appearance of the maps, meaning the updated ones look newer. they updated the screen appearance, and other things too, with the 2016 refresh. still looks kinda olde compared to the new models.
When you and Rope post like this (beginning of this post at least), I can't read it. Brain can't read fast and I give up w/o reading the post.
'19 Toyota 4Runner TRD ORP
'12 Suzuki V-Strom 650

User avatar
AHTOXA
Master Standardshifter
Posts: 14688
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2007 6:31 pm
Cars: '19 4RUNNER TRD ORP
Location: Irving, TX

Re: Misc Thread VI: Return of the Threadi

Post by AHTOXA » Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:55 pm

tankinbeans wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:19 pm
Leeches ES something something.

Edit: why do those graphics look like they'd fit well in the Windows 3.1 operating system?
Toyota's infotainment isn't great. Granted, they have done better with some of the '19 models, but my '19 4Runner isn't much better, really. That and the 6.4 inch screen are...small by today's standards.

But honestly I don't hate it nearly as much as I though I would when buying. I even had money stashed for an aftermarket unit but it's gotten low on the priority list since it has been working well for me. In some ways, it's better than Android Auto, but not overall.
'19 Toyota 4Runner TRD ORP
'12 Suzuki V-Strom 650

User avatar
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Posts: 7532
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2005 11:35 pm
Cars: '13 ES 350; '07 Altima
Location: Dutchess County

Re: Misc Thread VI: Return of the Threadi

Post by potownrob » Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:52 am

AHTOXA wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:53 pm
When you and Rope post like this (beginning of this post at least), I can't read it. Brain can't read fast and I give up w/o reading the post.
sorry, that was KNOT my inn tense shun at tall. :oops: :lol: :mrgreen: 8)
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.

User avatar
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Posts: 7532
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2005 11:35 pm
Cars: '13 ES 350; '07 Altima
Location: Dutchess County

Re: Misc Thread VI: Return of the Threadi

Post by potownrob » Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:03 am

AHTOXA wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:55 pm
tankinbeans wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:19 pm
Leeches ES something something.

Edit: why do those graphics look like they'd fit well in the Windows 3.1 operating system?
Toyota's infotainment isn't great. Granted, they have done better with some of the '19 models, but my '19 4Runner isn't much better, really. That and the 6.4 inch screen are...small by today's standards.

But honestly I don't hate it nearly as much as I though I would when buying. I even had money stashed for an aftermarket unit but it's gotten low on the priority list since it has been working well for me. In some ways, it's better than Android Auto, but not overall.
The newest models and ones that have been replaced with new models recently mostly have the newer interfaces. Lexus interface is different in some ways, for better or worse. The interface on the ‘13 ES and similarly aged models (‘13 GS, LS, ‘14 IS - first year of the generation; may be considered a refresh for the LS) is archaic in some ways, similar to the Toyotas of that time. Integration with your smartphone was not as straightforward as is it these days. I can only connect my smartphone to the infotainment system via Bluetooth; the USB connection does not connect with the infotainment. I actually enjoy using the Lexus GPS system, despite it being outdated. The interface is fairly straightforward, the voice is not overbearing, and the recalculations happen in the background without being told to return to the route, turn around etc.
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.

Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Posts: 10959
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:44 pm
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty
Location: Greater Detroit Area

Re: Misc Thread VI: Return of the Threadi

Post by Rope-Pusher » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:23 pm

...so it's not a Chrysler 200? They say UConnect is so user friendly it will have you phone's panties in the glovebox on the first ride.
'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"

User avatar
tankinbeans
Master Standardshifter
Posts: 4029
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:04 pm
Cars: 17 Mazda6 To, 18 Mazda3 i
Location: Shakopee, MN

Re: Misc Thread VI: Return of the Threadi

Post by tankinbeans » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:50 pm

Rope-Pusher wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:23 pm
...so it's not a Chrysler 200? They say UConnect is so user friendly it will have you phone's panties in the glovebox on the first ride.
And then when you least expect it, the screams, THE SCREAMS for miles on end.
17 Mazda6 Touring
18 Mazda3 iSport
InlinePaul wrote:The driving force of new fangled features to sell more cars [is to] cater to the masses' abject laziness!
Image

User avatar
AHTOXA
Master Standardshifter
Posts: 14688
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2007 6:31 pm
Cars: '19 4RUNNER TRD ORP
Location: Irving, TX

Re: Misc Thread VI: Return of the Threadi

Post by AHTOXA » Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:51 pm

Had experience with current UConnect. It’s good, but not the end all as often portrayed online.
'19 Toyota 4Runner TRD ORP
'12 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Post Reply