Misc Thread VI: Return of the Threadi

Off-topic posts, quotes of the day and anything else you just would like to vent to the world. PG-13 or below PLEASE!
noob5,000,000
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 1986 Mazda RX-7 x2

Re: Misc Thread VI: Return of the Threadi

Post by noob5,000,000 »

FFFFUUUU- A package of Jeep stuff I ordered took three days to get from the southern tip of Florida to a UPS facility a half hour away... just in time to sit there until Tuesday :x .
1986 Mazda RX-7 sport - slowly returning to the Earth
1986 Mazda RX-7 base - Project car, ???, In pieces, turbo parts around.
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty

Post by Rope-Pusher »

noob5,000,000 wrote:FFFFUUUU- A package of Jeep stuff I ordered took three days to get from the southern tip of Florida to a UPS facility a half hour away... just in time to sit there until Tuesday :x .
The cooling system fan for the PT Cruiser came in a day early from Rock Auto!
For every Yin there must be a Yang
'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"
theholycow
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '80 Buick LeSabre 4.1 5MT

Post by theholycow »

Rope-Pusher wrote:For every Yin there must be a Yang
The only starter that Autozone had in stock for my car was DOA (they tested it before selling it to me). Does that mean someone somewhere will get one that works?
1980 Buick LeSabre 4.1L 5MT

Put your car in your sig!

Learn to launch/FAQs/lugging/misused terms: meta-sig
watkins wrote:Humans have rear-biased AWD. Cows have 4WD
IMBoring25

Post by IMBoring25 »

Not necessarily. I'm convinced there are no working spare LT1 C4 ECMs.
theholycow
Master Standardshifter

Post by theholycow »

In that case....time for LS swap!

tankinbeans
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 17 Mazda6 To, 18 Mazda3 i

Post by tankinbeans »

Found out today that my chicken sh*t weasel of a brother isn't going to show up for the abbreviated service my aunts and uncles are putting together for my gran. Apparently he's afraid my oldest brother and I are going to treat him like the infant he is. Meanwhile my oldest brother and I both understand that there's a time and place for that.
17 Mazda6 Touring
18 Mazda3 iSport
InlinePaul wrote:The driving force of new fangled features to sell more cars [is to] cater to the masses' abject laziness!
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty

Post by Rope-Pusher »

tankinbeans wrote:........my chicken sh*t weasel of a brother ...... like the infant he is.
I'm pretty good at reading between the lions. Are you sure you aren't harboring some deep-seated grudge agains him? If my spider-sense is tingling, might he also be getting the feeling that something is bothering you?
'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"
tankinbeans
Master Standardshifter

Post by tankinbeans »

Rope-Pusher wrote:
tankinbeans wrote:........my chicken sh*t weasel of a brother ...... like the infant he is.
I'm pretty good at reading between the lions. Are you sure you aren't harboring some deep-seated grudge agains him? If my spider-sense is tingling, might he also be getting the feeling that something is bothering you?
More like a seething hatred. The difference is I know how to play nice, especially when it's a funeral. This is the brother who threatened my mother with a handgun of some sort saying words to the effect of, "go ahead call the cops, I can do plenty of damage in 8 minutes." He's the one who drove the Corolla I helped him get into the ground, without ever giving me money back for insurance or purchase price. Nothing wrong in his life is ever his fault and he seems to think that everything I do, when it comes to money is to spite him. He owes me $20k, but somehow I'm the bad guy. I've tried apologizing to him for imaginary slights against him, but he continues to act like a big baby, and refuses to own up to any of his part in ongoing family drama.

Luckily I haven't spoken to him in almost 3 years and plan to keep ot that way.
17 Mazda6 Touring
18 Mazda3 iSport
InlinePaul wrote:The driving force of new fangled features to sell more cars [is to] cater to the masses' abject laziness!
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 CX-5 GT

Post by potownrob »

tankinbeans wrote:
Rope-Pusher wrote:
More like a seething hatred. The difference is I know how to play nice, especially when it's a funeral. This is the brother who threatened my mother with a handgun of some sort saying words to the effect of, "go ahead call the cops, I can do plenty of damage in 8 minutes." He's the one who drove the Corolla I helped him get into the ground, without ever giving me money back for insurance or purchase price. Nothing wrong in his life is ever his fault and he seems to think that everything I do, when it comes to money is to spite him. He owes me $20k, but somehow I'm the bad guy. I've tried apologizing to him for imaginary slights against him, but he continues to act like a big baby, and refuses to own up to any of his part in ongoing family drama.

Luckily I haven't spoken to him in almost 3 years and plan to keep ot that way.
sorry to hear about your a$$#0le brother :evil: :oops: :lol:
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
Teamwork
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: 2015 VW GTI

Post by Teamwork »

I'm making a return to my honorary past midnight posting but only because I've been in the hospital since last Saturday now and only released today. To make a long story short I was diagnosed with pancreatitis after falling very ill after a weekend BBQ. Been a pretty miserable weekend bed ridden and such but I'm hopeful to recover by the end of this week. Still don't feel right but slowly getting better. I've literally probably been one of the cleanest American eatter's by default in the last few days lol.

This has also probably been the longest stretch of no driving I've done with my car so far... literally hasn't been driven since Saturday morning.
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 CX-5 GT

Post by potownrob »

Teamwork wrote:I'm making a return to my honorary past midnight posting but only because I've been in the hospital since last Saturday now and only released today. To make a long story short I was diagnosed with pancreatitis after falling very ill after a weekend BBQ. Been a pretty miserable weekend bed ridden and such but I'm hopeful to recover by the end of this week. Still don't feel right but slowly getting better. I've literally probably been one of the cleanest American eatter's by default in the last few days lol.

This has also probably been the longest stretch of no driving I've done with my car so far... literally hasn't been driven since Saturday morning.
sorry to hear this. hope you feel better and are back to normal soon. hope work has been understanding about this too. :twisted:
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
theholycow
Master Standardshifter

Post by theholycow »

Man, that really blows. :(

tankinbeans
Master Standardshifter

Post by tankinbeans »

Thank you, Rob. He's never been a very good person and I'm used to his tantrums.
17 Mazda6 Touring
18 Mazda3 iSport
watkins
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Saab 9-5 Aero wagon

Post by watkins »

I need to poop. That is all.
Teamwork
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: 2015 VW GTI

Post by Teamwork »

potownrob wrote:
Teamwork wrote:I'm making a return to my honorary past midnight posting but only because I've been in the hospital since last Saturday now and only released today. To make a long story short I was diagnosed with pancreatitis after falling very ill after a weekend BBQ. Been a pretty miserable weekend bed ridden and such but I'm hopeful to recover by the end of this week. Still don't feel right but slowly getting better. I've literally probably been one of the cleanest American eatter's by default in the last few days lol.

sorry to hear this. hope you feel better and are back to normal soon. hope work has been understanding about this too. :twisted:
Won't know until tomorrow but I have a discharge letter and notice from the hospital and I've actually still been wearing my wristband. I can't wait to get the hospital bill... I've never actually had to stay for multiple nights at a hospital- it was really weird. Kind of felt like I was in prison and the food was horrible. Luckily the first day or two I had to completely fast and abstain from eatting (blessing in disguise). They can't really gauge what brought on the episode or how severe it actually was but the pain pretty much left me incapacitated. It felt like someone was stabbing me above my naval... so I went to the emergency room under my own power but I sensed something was really wrong. I went in at about 11 PM Saturday night and didn't get into a room until 5 AM... The whole process seemed to move so slowly. Hospital politics I guess... though I'm unsure because I don't have too much experience. From that point I had different doctors and consultants weigh in on about me. One at first truly believed I didn't have pancreatitis and another one said he was 99% sure I did... After about a day of tests they both got on the same page and asked if I ever had a substance abuse problem which kind of offended me because I told the truth at the ER and I got the gist that no one believed me. I could honestly name in the double digits of people around me who consume more alcohol then I do- I don't binge drink or anything but I'll drink socially... it doesn't mean I drink everyday. I know some women who have a glass of wine once a night... does that make them alcoholics? Who even knows LOL...