Misc Thread VI: Return of the Threadi

Off-topic posts, quotes of the day and anything else you just would like to vent to the world. PG-13 or below PLEASE!
tankinbeans
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 17 Mazda6 To, 18 Mazda3 i

Re: Misc Thread VI: Return of the Threadi

Post by tankinbeans »

Are you able to stroke your stick again with the Yota?

I've been vaguely opening my eyes lately to see if AWD can be had with a stick. I'm still a ways off and am not in a hurry, but curiosity gets the best of me. The new Mazda3 can be had with AWD or a stick, but I haven't heard a definitive answer about AWD and a stick.
17 Mazda6 Touring
18 Mazda3 iSport
InlinePaul wrote:The driving force of new fangled features to sell more cars [is to] cater to the masses' abject laziness!
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 CX-5 GT

Post by potownrob »

tankinbeans wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:07 pm Are you able to stroke your stick again with the Yota?

I've been vaguely opening my eyes lately to see if AWD can be had with a stick. I'm still a ways off and am not in a hurry, but curiosity gets the best of me. The new Mazda3 can be had with AWD or a stick, but I haven't heard a definitive answer about AWD and a stick.
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
tankinbeans
Master Standardshifter

Post by tankinbeans »

That's a bit rich for my blood, and I don't want to take a huge mileage penalty. Going to the auto show next weekend. Might have to pick the wonks' brains. Tough part is that I'm still so far out that the product mix might change and more manuals might die.
17 Mazda6 Touring
18 Mazda3 iSport
InlinePaul wrote:The driving force of new fangled features to sell more cars [is to] cater to the masses' abject laziness!
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty

Post by Rope-Pusher »

tankinbeans wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:22 pm That's a bit rich for my blood, and I don't want to take a huge mileage penalty. Going to the auto show next weekend. Might have to pick the wonks' brains. Tough part is that I'm still so far out that the product mix might change and more manuals might die*.
* Note: No Manuels were hurt during the making of this post.
'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"
watkins
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Saab 9-5 Aero wagon

Post by watkins »

You can in fact get a JL for not a ton of money, but that will be bare bones garbage without even A/C. Never mind the basics that normal vehicles have.

Ours was over $40k MSRP with quite a few options on it. Being a dealer employee I fortunately didnt pay nearly that much.
tankinbeans
Master Standardshifter

Post by tankinbeans »

watkins wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:47 am You can in fact get a JL for not a ton of money, but that will be bare bones garbage without even A/C. Never mind the basics that normal vehicles have.

Ours was over $40k MSRP with quite a few options on it. Being a dealer employee I fortunately didnt pay nearly that much.
I may live in Minnesota, but I ain't fittin' to forego A/C. It still gets gross during the summer. I'd be curious to drive a Jeep, but don't know if I'd like to own one.
17 Mazda6 Touring
18 Mazda3 iSport
wannabe87
Junior Standardshifter

Post by wannabe87 »

watkins wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:08 am Clearly you all missed me. Its been dead in here
Nah. Like someone else said we got buried under snow!
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter

Post by Rope-Pusher »

tankinbeans wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:02 am
watkins wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:47 am You can in fact get a JL for not a ton of money, but that will be bare bones garbage without even A/C. Never mind the basics that normal vehicles have.

I may live in Minnesota, but I ain't fittin' to forego A/C. It still gets gross during the summer. I'd be curious to drive a Jeep, but don't know if I'd like to own one.
With the doors and roof removed, no AC system known to mankind will make a difference in the cabin temperature.....come to think of it, with the doors and the roof removed, who needs AC?
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter

Post by Rope-Pusher »

wannabe87 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:44 pm
watkins wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:08 am Clearly you all missed me. Its been dead in here
Nah. Like someone else said we got buried under snow!
watkins
Master Standardshifter

Post by watkins »

Rope-Pusher wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:08 pm With the doors and roof removed, no AC system known to mankind will make a difference in the cabin temperature.....come to think of it, with the doors and the roof removed, who needs AC?
Thats my theory most of the time. Though there are some situations where a suit is required, and therefore A/C is nice to have
tankinbeans
Master Standardshifter

Post by tankinbeans »

I have passengers in my car often enough where I like to keep the windows closed so I can carry on a conversation without shouting making A/C very nice to have. Also, my missing eardrum sometimes causes headaches if there's too much buffeting.
17 Mazda6 Touring
18 Mazda3 iSport
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter

Post by Rope-Pusher »

tankinbeans wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:00 pm Image
Also, my missing eardrum sometimes causes headaches if there's too much buffeting.
watkins
Master Standardshifter

Post by watkins »

tankinbeans wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:00 pmpassengers
Eww
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter

Post by Rope-Pusher »

watkins wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:08 am
tankinbeans wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:00 pmpassengers
Eww
Passengers would be OK,............ if they weren't humans. Dogs make excellent passengers.
AHTOXA
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '19 4RUNNER TRD ORP

Post by AHTOXA »

The fact that the tailgate window on my yota fully lowers into the hatch is a huge boon. It's no Wrangler in terms of doors off top off, but I didn't wanna take a chance on FCA reliability, even if I did fit in it.
'19 Toyota 4Runner TRD ORP
'12 Suzuki V-Strom 650