Merger

Off-topic posts, quotes of the day and anything else you just would like to vent to the world. PG-13 or below PLEASE!
wannabe87
Junior Standardshifter

Merger

Post by wannabe87 »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/finance- ... SR?ocid=sf

Best I can tell from this msn article is that it would be a bad idea for Ford and GM to merge...30% of market share is a lot.

Why’s ford in trouble again?
tankinbeans
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 17 Mazda6 To, 18 Mazda3 i

Re: Merger

Post by tankinbeans »

Hackett the hatchet man killing off full car lines, buying a disused train/bus station, investing heavily in mobility services without a real plan.

I saw this article the other day, but have yet tji find another credible source.
17 Mazda6 Touring
18 Mazda3 iSport
InlinePaul wrote:The driving force of new fangled features to sell more cars [is to] cater to the masses' abject laziness!
wannabe87
Junior Standardshifter

Post by wannabe87 »

Cow posted on my posting of this on fb that it looks like speculation and fake news.
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty

Post by Rope-Pusher »

wannabe87 wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 9:58 pm https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/finance- ... SR?ocid=sf

Best I can tell from this msn article is that it would be a bad idea for Ford and GM to merge...30% of market share is a lot.

Why’s ford in trouble again?
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EK0R272RjXI[/youtube]

The best mergers are when the companies products compliment eachother...where one company has holes in its product lineup the other company sells some products that fills those holes. GM and Ford are too alike with products to be good partners in a merger.

Yanno, larda pipple crow that Ford never took munny from the gubmint back in the great recession. Whale, there is a reason that they didn't have to take money. Yasee, Ford was doing poorly and having cash-flow issues before the gas prices went up and the bottom dropt out of the housing market. They had to go and mortgage their properties to get enough munny to keep going. Either they were real smart-like, or just real lucky, but they mortgaged their properties before the spit hit the fan. GM looked into it later, but the real estate values were so low they really couldn't get much munny for the property they had. Sum say an example of Serendipity is that it's when you put your bare foot into a fresh cow pie (noah fence, Cow-Man) and you feel a diamond pokin into you're foot. That's kind like what happened to Ford. They got sick earlier than GM and Chrysler, when there was inexpensive and effective medicine to be had. If they had been in better financial shape, they would have been in the same boat as GM and Chrysler.
'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"