Roll Call. Who's still here?

Off-topic posts, quotes of the day and anything else you just would like to vent to the world. PG-13 or below PLEASE!
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 CX-5 GT

Re: Roll Call. Who's still here?

Post by potownrob »

InlinePaul wrote:I am here today. Confess to much inactivity over the past year or so.

I want to change my username too, but not sure if it is permitted on this site.
what could you possibly want to change your name to that the SS would not allow, OutlinePaul??

ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
ClutchFork
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2008 Fusion 2.3L manual

Post by ClutchFork »

potownrob wrote:]what could you possibly want to change your name to that the SS would not allow, OutlinePaul??
Well maybe I am misunderstood. The user name would not be fur boatin, but the fact of changing it. Well anyway, maybe I should seek out the administrator and see what can be done.
Stick shiftin since '77
theholycow wrote:Why in the world would you even want to be as smooth as an automatic? Might as well just drive an automatic...
potownrob
Master Standardshifter

Post by potownrob »

InlinePaul wrote:
potownrob wrote:]what could you possibly want to change your name to that the SS would not allow, OutlinePaul??
Well maybe I am misunderstood. The user name would not be fur boatin, but the fact of changing it. Well anyway, maybe I should seek out the administrator and see what can be done.
not following about the boating references. you could also do like a couple of other members did and get banned then come back under a different username. one of them even came back as “permabanned.”
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
ClutchFork
Master Standardshifter

Post by ClutchFork »

potownrob wrote:not following about the boating references. you could also do like a couple of other members did and get banned then come back under a different username. one of them even came back as “permabanned.”
Fur boatin was from Rope-pusher's post. I see that I requested the name change in 2013 but of a moderator. I just submitted a new request to an administrator.We'll see what happens.

If someone gets permanently banned, then comes back how do they reveal their former identity without risking being banned again? But I am not going to try that route.

I don't need to be inline any more now that ClutchDisk and I have this Mustang V8! So I definitely want to get out of line but not out of line to the point of being banned, just out of this line:
Stick shiftin since '77
theholycow wrote:Why in the world would you even want to be as smooth as an automatic? Might as well just drive an automatic...
tankinbeans
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 17 Mazda6 To, 18 Mazda3 i

Post by tankinbeans »

SplashPaul has an interesting ring to it. Haha
17 Mazda6 Touring
18 Mazda3 iSport
InlinePaul wrote:The driving force of new fangled features to sell more cars [is to] cater to the masses' abject laziness!
ClutchFork
Master Standardshifter

Post by ClutchFork »

tankinbeans wrote:SplashPaul has an interesting ring to it. Haha
That would work if I were into swimming but I have not been in a pool or been swimming in ages, like maybe 20+ years.

Ha but if they let me change my name, the new name is a great name and very much of my area of interest.
Stick shiftin since '77
potownrob
Master Standardshifter

Post by potownrob »

InlinePaul wrote:
That would work if I were into swimming but I have not been in a pool or been swimming in ages, like maybe 20+ years.

Ha but if they let me change my name, the new name is a great name and very much of my area of interest.
MustangPaulie??
tankinbeans
Master Standardshifter

Post by tankinbeans »

InlinePaul wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:28 am

I was thinking more along the lines of vegetable juice mixed with fruit juice. The tagline in the adverts being, "Could've had a V8."
17 Mazda6 Touring
18 Mazda3 iSport
InlinePaul wrote:The driving force of new fangled features to sell more cars [is to] cater to the masses' abject laziness!
tankinbeans
Master Standardshifter

Post by tankinbeans »

ClutchFork wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:28 am

I see you now like forking. Hehe
17 Mazda6 Touring
18 Mazda3 iSport
ClutchFork
Master Standardshifter

Post by ClutchFork »

tankinbeans wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:33 am

I was thinking more along the lines of vegetable juice mixed with fruit juice. The tagline in the adverts being, "Could've had a V8."
Well remember the guy who is balding in the front. Blamed it on not drinking V8 juice. "Ah! (slaps up his forehead), I could'a had a V8"

As for SplashPaul, I could take it to be a leaky automatic transmission.

But now folks, you see my new name:

ClutchFork !

:D :D :D :D :D :D
Stick shiftin since '77
watkins
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Saab 9-5 Aero wagon

Post by watkins »

Im not on constantly, but I do check in every few days. Ive transitioned from being primarily a laptop user to a phone user for my intergoogling. I find forum formatting frustrating on a phone screen, so I just dont log in much.
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty

Post by Rope-Pusher »

ClutchFork wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:00 pm
tankinbeans wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:33 am

Well remember the guy who is balding in the front. Blamed it on not drinking V8 juice. "Ah! (slaps up his forehead), I could'a had a V8"

As for SplashPaul, I could take it to be a leaky automatic transmission.

But now folks, you see my new name:

ClutchFork !

:D :D :D :D :D :D
I always thought that a username was like a tattoo - choose well, because it's meant to be permanent.
'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"
AHTOXA
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '19 4RUNNER TRD ORP

Post by AHTOXA »

watkins wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:05 pm Im not on constantly, but I do check in every few days. Ive transitioned from being primarily a laptop user to a phone user for my intergoogling. I find forum formatting frustrating on a phone screen, so I just dont log in much.
Yeah, the only active foruming I do is via Tapatalk, and this forum isn't on there. So like you, I only access this place from a laptop, which isn't often even when I'm using one.
'19 Toyota 4Runner TRD ORP
'12 Suzuki V-Strom 650