BKs New Car

A place to post photos and discuss your car.
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 CX-5 GT

Re: BKs New Car

Post by potownrob »

tankinbeans wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:32 am I think it's a load of vaporware. Hehe
Depending on how it was maintained, it could turn into it.
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty

Post by Rope-Pusher »

tankinbeans wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:32 am I think it's a load of vaporware. Hehe
Prepaid Uber Rides for the Rest of His Life?
'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"
tankinbeans
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 17 Mazda6 To, 18 Mazda3 i

Post by tankinbeans »

So we don't get to "have it [our] way" and learn about the new automovehicle?

Boo! Eye yam offend.
17 Mazda6 Touring
18 Mazda3 iSport
InlinePaul wrote:The driving force of new fangled features to sell more cars [is to] cater to the masses' abject laziness!
potownrob
Master Standardshifter

Post by potownrob »

tankinbeans wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:02 am So we don't get to "have it [our] way" and learn about the new automovehicle?

Boo! Eye yam offend.
a parent li knot; he must bee having severe buyer's re-morse. eye will try too get him bach inn hier too spill the beans. kidd must fink he's the own lee per sun two ever regret bye ying a car. :oops: :( :? :evil:
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty

Post by Rope-Pusher »

potownrob wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:32 am
tankinbeans wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:02 am So we don't get to "have it [our] way" and learn about the new automovehicle?

Boo! Eye yam offend.
a parent li knot; he must bee having severe buyer's re-morse. eye will try too get him bach inn hier too spill the beans. kidd must fink he's the own lee per sun two ever regret bye ying a car. :oops: :( :? :evil:
Ones eye regretted a vehicle - 1999 Deep Amethyst Jeep Cherokee. Now, don't get me wrong - I like Deep Purple as munch as the negst fellow,
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAKCR7kQMTQ[/youtube]
and on a suni dei, it was tollerable, but at any other time it was just a dark, drab color.
Never gave me a reason to visit the stealership for repairs during my 3 year lease, but I was never so glad to get something else to drive as the day I turned it in.
'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"
AHTOXA
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '19 4RUNNER TRD ORP

Post by AHTOXA »

Still no reveal? What a tease, man. What a tease.
'19 Toyota 4Runner TRD ORP
'12 Suzuki V-Strom 650
potownrob
Master Standardshifter

Post by potownrob »

Yup, response in chat either... :|
bk7794
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 00 Civic (Stock)

Post by bk7794 »

lol you hit the nail on the head on that one.

I bought a 2012 VW Passat 2.5l 5 speed. I have no pictures because well..it's a VW Passat. Just look outside, I'm sure you can see 3 from your current location.

I'll be making a rant post in a bit about modern manuals. It also feels like it's got no soul. Even when revved out.
2004 Honda Accord 2.4 5 Speed
1989 Ford Taurus SHO 5 speed
potownrob
Master Standardshifter

Post by potownrob »

bk7794 wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:34 pm
lol you hit the nail on the head on that one.

I bought a 2012 VW Passat 2.5l 5 speed. I have no pictures because well..it's a VW Passat. Just look outside, I'm sure you can see 3 from your current location.

I'll be making a rant post in a bit about modern manuals. It also feels like it's got no soul. Even when revved out.
their actually knot THAT common around here. It seams the closer you live too a VW dealer, the more Yule sea. There are lots of VWs in Kingston (where my dealer is), four ex sample. We halve two plan a meat end greet to sea just how boring this car is. Assuming it’s fixed up okay, Yule all sew get too rev up the big blue beast. It’s at the shop now waiting on parts to fix an oil leak, power steering leak, and the rattle eye fought wuss coming from the injen was up parent lee jest a loose exhaust peace. Hope to halve the beast Bach next weak. :D :P 8)
tankinbeans
Master Standardshifter

Post by tankinbeans »

I feel your pain. If it's the same manual as was in the 2011 2.5 Jetta I GET IT. Two overdrives effectively hide any power that exists and you're not going to pass anybody unless you're in 3rd, or more likely 2nd, especially since the car is hhhhheeeeeaaaaavvvvvyyyyy.
17 Mazda6 Touring
18 Mazda3 iSport
InlinePaul wrote:The driving force of new fangled features to sell more cars [is to] cater to the masses' abject laziness!
tankinbeans
Master Standardshifter

Post by tankinbeans »

Something like that?
17 Mazda6 Touring
18 Mazda3 iSport
potownrob
Master Standardshifter

Post by potownrob »

tankinbeans wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:18 am Image

Something like that?
Lucks gut too me. Knot shore wye he’s sow embarrassed. Now, if he got it in brown, then eye cud under stand... eye think one of his Maine come plaints was about the rev hang...
bk7794
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 00 Civic (Stock)

Post by bk7794 »

Yes, looks just like that. But it's black. Its handsome thing but just devoid of any feel. It felt nice on the test drive..the radio is also balls in it. I need to get it updated.
tankinbeans wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:11 am I feel your pain. If it's the same manual as was in the 2011 2.5 Jetta I GET IT. Two overdrives effectively hide any power that exists and you're not going to pass anybody unless you're in 3rd, or more likely 2nd, especially since the car is hhhhheeeeeaaaaavvvvvyyyyy.
lol more like 5 overdrives. Even first. You know what sucks the most though, the gas pedal. I hit the gas and like something different happens everytime. And the rev hang. Oh lord the rev hang. This is exactly why the manuel is dying. In order to get a fun manual in 2019 you need to look at a sports car.

I'm a single man now so I might look at a Miata or BRZ siblings.
2004 Honda Accord 2.4 5 Speed
1989 Ford Taurus SHO 5 speed
ClutchFork
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2008 Fusion 2.3L manual

Post by ClutchFork »

potownrob wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:30 am Lucks gut too me. Knot shore wye he’s sow embarrassed. Now, if he got it in brown, then eye cud under stand... eye think one of his Maine come plaints was about the rev hang...

I like a gut looking car. If a car has no guts, what is it good for?
Stick shiftin since '77
theholycow wrote:Why in the world would you even want to be as smooth as an automatic? Might as well just drive an automatic...
potownrob
Master Standardshifter

Post by potownrob »

bk7794 wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:41 pm Yes, looks just like that. But it's black. Its handsome thing but just devoid of any feel. It felt nice on the test drive..the radio is also balls in it. I need to get it updated.
tankinbeans wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:11 am I feel your pain. If it's the same manual as was in the 2011 2.5 Jetta I GET IT. Two overdrives effectively hide any power that exists and you're not going to pass anybody unless you're in 3rd, or more likely 2nd, especially since the car is hhhhheeeeeaaaaavvvvvyyyyy.
lol more like 5 overdrives. Even first. You know what sucks the most though, the gas pedal. I hit the gas and like something different happens everytime. And the rev hang. Oh lord the rev hang. This is exactly why the manuel is dying. In order to get a fun manual in 2019 you need to look at a sports car.

I'm a single man now so I might look at a Miata or BRZ siblings.
Radio probably similar to 2012 Jetta SE POS head unit. I ended up replacing the front speakers and that helped some. The real reason I replaced them was that one of them blew (too easily). Dealer blamed it on me even though I don’t blast my music. Knowing how to set a radio will help too. Eye can make just about any radio sound decent with just a few adjustments. In general, you want treble turned up with bass a little lower, then you set the fader all the way to the front and move it back little by little til you just start to hear the sound come from the back.