Atlanta SS Meeting

Tinton
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 91 MR2t, 88&86 Fieros

Post by Tinton »

JackBauer wrote:only on 'Year One Fast Friday' nights, Streat legal friday, non streat legal saturday, 20 bucks to race 10 to spectate.
lol that's as much as I'd spend on food+alcohol at the Pie. And we'd have to find food afterward.

Any other people up for a meet at the dragway? I could possibly get a Fiero guy and maybe 1-2 other people to come if there might be low attendance off here.
JackBauer
Master Standardshifter

Post by JackBauer »

This friday is the last yearone friday for the next two weeks because NHRA drag racing is in town.
Tinton
Master Standardshifter

Post by Tinton »

JackBauer wrote:This friday is the last yearone friday for the next two weeks because NHRA drag racing is in town.
Don't matter to me I was thinking mid-May anyways.
JHamilton
Master Standardshifter

Post by JHamilton »

Personally, I'd rather drive to Silver Dollar than Commerce. You actually get to run more than once and they prep the track for test and tune.
Silence is golden and duct tape is silver.

2005 Pontiac GTO 6MT
2011 Ram 1500 CC Laramie 4x4
Tinton
Master Standardshifter

Post by Tinton »

JHamilton wrote:Personally, I'd rather drive to Silver Dollar than Commerce. You actually get to run more than once and they prep the track for test and tune.
Where is Silver Dollar? South of Macon? We'd have to make a f**k day-trip out of it then.
JHamilton
Master Standardshifter

Post by JHamilton »

Tinton wrote:
JHamilton wrote:Personally, I'd rather drive to Silver Dollar than Commerce. You actually get to run more than once and they prep the track for test and tune.
Where is Silver Dollar? South of Macon? We'd have to make a suck day-trip out of it then.
Yeah...if we race, which I'm probably not going to do as I have some bugs to work out. My tires are at the end of their life as well.

You guys do what ya want!

2005 Pontiac GTO 6MT
Tinton
Master Standardshifter

Post by Tinton »

JHamilton wrote:
Tinton wrote:
Where is Silver Dollar? South of Macon? We'd have to make a suck day-trip out of it then.
Yeah...if we race, which I'm probably not going to do as I have some bugs to work out. My tires are at the end of their life as well.

You guys do what ya want!
lol, you gotta come too! Or else it'll just be me and Jack, and maybe jomotopia.

I'd also be interested in seeing your GTO vs. Jomo's STi!

I drive a 15-16 second car....the best I could do is try to give Jack a run for his money.
jomotopia
Cars: 04 STi, 05 Matrix XR (AT)

Post by jomotopia »

i'm not gonna drag my car, it's made for the twistys. i have no desire to launch the crap out of it. :P

and btw i can't make it May 19th. :(
2013 Subaru Impreza WRX in Orange
JHamilton
Master Standardshifter

Post by JHamilton »

^ He's scared. :P j/k

2005 Pontiac GTO 6MT
jomotopia

Post by jomotopia »

JHamilton wrote:^ He's scared. :P j/k
scared of braking an axle :P

i imagine it'd be close between our cars. i'd probably get you on the launch (well, if i knew how to launch well) but towards the end i bet you'd start pulling on me. probably all depends on if i get a big enough lead on the launch to last me to the end.
Nychold
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2007 Scion tC

Post by Nychold »

jomotopia wrote:

i imagine it'd be close between our cars. i'd probably get you on the launch (well, if i knew how to launch well) but towards the end i bet you'd start pulling on me. probably all depends on if i get a big enough lead on the launch to last me to the end.
You ought to go up there, pull up to the tree, rev for the folks watching, then pull a 20s run :lol: ;)
Watercolor: I'm a grade A bone sucker!
Me: :shock: :) :D :twisted:
jomotopia

Post by jomotopia »

better yet, i'll start out slow, get some speed in 2nd, then do a 180 and finish the 1/4 in reverse! 8)
Tinton
Master Standardshifter

Post by Tinton »

Ok I got some other people who want to go to commerce on the 18th of May. Plan to meet up there then. We could possibly meet up somewhere around Norcross and cruise up together.

There's also a carshow at Centennial High School on May 5th that I'm going to. There'll be some tuner cars, some european exotics, and some other stuff there. http://www.freewebs.com/chsannualcarshow9/ for more info on that.

Another thing, jomo since you like the twisties, and for other people, there is a run around Blood Mountain this Sunday. Meet up at the Walmart in Dahlonega at 11am. I'll probably be going on that too.
JHamilton
Master Standardshifter

Post by JHamilton »

jomotopia wrote:

I know how it goes as I've done this before :) .....You launch quiet as a mouse with a little chirp of the tires and jump out several car lengths. Meanwhile I'm still at the line making all kinds of racket and whisp of smoke. Once you hit third gear, I am in the middle of second and start to real you in. When you hit 5th gear it's over and my horsepower advantage takes over. If the twisty bits are tight, it's no contest...the Subie. If there are long sweepers it's very close. I've always thought this was an interesting comparison because the cars are completely different, yet at the track the numbers are almost dead even. The lap times in SCCA T2 back this up.

This top gear vid isn't exact as it's not a Scooby, but the baddest Mitsu, and my car handles much better than the VXR(not to mention, anyone can carry a better line)....I think it displays the spirit of both vehicles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Md7tJYX2lpI

OT enough for y'all? I bet there is a car show, cruise in, etc. going on sometime in May that we could go to. Lemme look around.

2005 Pontiac GTO 6MT
Tinton
Master Standardshifter

Post by Tinton »

Bad news. Looks like they have some event planned on the 18th. We'd have to go up on the 11th I think.