Misc Thread VI: Return of the Threadi

Off-topic posts, quotes of the day and anything else you just would like to vent to the world. PG-13 or below PLEASE!
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 CX-5 GT

Re: Misc Thread VI: Return of the Threadi

Post by potownrob »

Eye wander off offer manufacturers can pay to use the tunnel for their own edification porpoises.
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty

Post by Rope-Pusher »

potownrob wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 12:49 pm Eye wander off offer manufacturers can pay to use the tunnel for their own edification porpoises.
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IINpcsQbVM[/youtube]

Flippers says : "Yes, How long ys wanna rent the place? Lemme get ya a quote on that."
'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter

Post by Rope-Pusher »

When Baby Seats for the car used to be fun

https://www.autoweek.com/car-life/but-w ... %20Openers
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter

Post by Rope-Pusher »

2022 Easter Jeep Safari - AutoWeek
Ten concepts rolling into Moab. https://www.autoweek.com/news/g39667628 ... ep-safari/

The Wrangler Magneto 2.0 concept is all-electric, running an 800-volt system with a combined power of 70 kWh, channeled through a six-speed manual transmission that doesn't need the clutch from a standstill. Jeep's Mark Allen promises 0-60 in under 3 seconds.
ClutchFork
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2008 Fusion 2.3L manual

Post by ClutchFork »

Rope-Pusher wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 1:03 pm When Baby Seats for the car used to be fun

Column shift, but where is the kiddie's clutch pedal? He just might grab mamma's shift lever--ha!

You know those straps will restrain the kid from his own efforts, but in a huge bad crashing stop they likely will snap. But then we never belted in back in the 1960s. just took our chances.
Stick shiftin since '77
theholycow wrote:Why in the world would you even want to be as smooth as an automatic? Might as well just drive an automatic...
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 CX-5 GT

Post by potownrob »

ClutchFork wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 9:08 pm
Rope-Pusher wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 1:03 pm When Baby Seats for the car used to be fun

Column shift, but where is the kiddie's clutch pedal? He just might grab mamma's shift lever--ha!

You know those straps will restrain the kid from his own efforts, but in a huge bad crashing stop they likely will snap. But then we never belted in back in the 1960s. just took our chances.
baby seat's probably not tied down to the seat either way :) :arrow: :lol: :mrgreen:
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
wannabe
Master Standardshifter
Cars: NONE - take the bus

Post by wannabe »

potownrob wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:58 am
wannabe wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 4:34 pm Currently on vacation in Florida, saw a Ferrari this afternoon

Unfortunately I never see them so I don’t know what kind. Just “dark blue”
miami or tampa?
Fort myers
2003 Chrysler town and country

Crafting and stuff
wannabe
Master Standardshifter
Cars: NONE - take the bus

Post by wannabe »

Added a $570 radiator to my van. Can’t buy a newer car for $600 so might just put $$ into this one.
2003 Chrysler town and country

Crafting and stuff
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter

Post by Rope-Pusher »

wannabe wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 4:44 am Added a $570 radiator to my van. Can’t buy a newer car for $600 so might just put $$ into this one.
More than just a couple years ago a deer bit my Jeep. The insurance company said it was a total loss, but that just means that the amount they would pay for repairs was less than the cost to repair it. I had them cash me out, then I paid the difference to have it repaired, and I've never regretted it. I had my Ol' Amish Buddy again. I probably would have had a difficult time finding a replacement with similar mileage and of the Amish faith. Most likely I would have ended up spending more money and gotten stuck driving a slushbox.
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter

Post by Rope-Pusher »

I'm Not Dead Yet!

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYcPBE5PXhs[/youtube]

Toyota invests in new 4 cylinder ICE manufacturing

https://pressroom.toyota.com/toyota-inv ... roduction/
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter

Post by Rope-Pusher »

MORON the subject of "I'm Not Dead Yet!"

AUTO ENGINEERS DEVOUR ICE TECH PAPERS- Autoline Daily
Last week the Society of Automotive Engineers held its annual World Congress. That’s where engineers from all over the world get together to share their latest technical developments. And the SAE just published the list of top technical papers that were downloaded from the Congress. And amazingly, only one of the top 10 papers had anything to do with EVs. The rest were all about internal combustion engines. For example, the most popular download is titled, “Visualization of Pre-Chamber Combustion and Main Chamber Jets with a Narrow Throat Pre-Chamber.” Even though the auto industry is making a massive pivot to EVs, it still needs ICE vehicles to generate the profits that will pay for those EVs. And so powertrain engineers all around the world are feverishly studying how they can keep internal combustion engines relevant for as long as they possibly can.
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter

Post by Rope-Pusher »

In Former So-Be-It Union, We Build it new Old Car for YOU
RUSSIA TURNS THE CLOCK BACK 20 YEARS - Autoline Daily
Looks like Russia is turning back the clock. It’s going to revive the Moskvich, a car that went out of production 20 years ago, because Renault pulled out of Russia over the war in Ukraine, leaving a huge assembly plant behind. And Russia is desperately trying to preserve thousands of jobs at the plant. Let’s see what Russia tries to do. It nationalized all of Renault’s assets so it’s got the tooling to keep on making what it was already making and just rebadge those vehicles under the Moskvich brand. That plant made the Duster, the Kaptur and the Arkana from Renault and the Terrano from Nissan. But that also means it would be violating Renault’s intellectual property. The Russians could decide to develop a new car instead, but that would take years and a huge investment. So the announcement it’s reviving the Moskvich sounds more like PR spin than a real solution.

https://www.reuters.com/business/autos- ... 022-05-16/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moskvitch_2142
IMBoring25

Post by IMBoring25 »

When I think of groups of people concerned with intellectual property restrictions, I know Russians are always right at the top of the list... Provided the rest of the list consists entirely of the Chinese.
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter

Post by Rope-Pusher »

AVERAGE US CAR NOW 12.2 YEARS OLD - Autoline Daily
We’re all getting older, and so are the vehicles we drive. In fact, vehicles in the U.S. are now the oldest that they’ve ever been. According to a report from S&P Global, the average American vehicle is now 12.2 years old, a record, and an increase of about 2 months. Prices for new and used vehicles keep going up and inventories keep going down, so consumers keep holding on to the cars that they’ve got.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/busin ... 856936002/
IMBoring25

Post by IMBoring25 »

17 here. Significantly different if weighted by current typical mileage, as the babymobile gets driven out of necessity a lot of the time and it's the youngest by a significant margin.