Misc Thread VI: Return of the Threadi

Off-topic posts, quotes of the day and anything else you just would like to vent to the world. PG-13 or below PLEASE!
watkins
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Saab 9-5 Aero wagon

Re: Misc Thread VI: Return of the Threadi

Post by watkins »

Covid sucks. That is all.
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty

Post by Rope-Pusher »

watkins wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:03 am Covid sucks. That is all.
Yanno they got an APP for that now?

Hope you're feeling better soon.
'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"
watkins
Master Standardshifter

Post by watkins »

I'm on the upswing. Back to work today for the first time in nearly two weeks. Slow going, but going none the less
ClutchFork
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2008 Fusion 2.3L manual

Post by ClutchFork »

Always good to be on the upswing.

I haven't been sick since February 2020. I have several times felt like a cold was coming on but knocked it out with silver.
Stick shiftin since '77
theholycow wrote:Why in the world would you even want to be as smooth as an automatic? Might as well just drive an automatic...
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter

Post by Rope-Pusher »

ClutchFork wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 12:10 pm Always good to be on the upswing.

I haven't been sick since February 2020. I have several times felt like a cold was coming on but knocked it out with silver.
The horse?
watkins
Master Standardshifter

Post by watkins »

I haven't been significantly sick since 2019 at some point, maybe earlier. I had a bit of something back in July, but it felt like strong allergies even though I know it wasn't. My wife had covid in March of 2020 but I never showed any symptoms.
ClutchFork
Master Standardshifter

Post by ClutchFork »

Rope-Pusher wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 1:14 pm

The horse?
That silver would have knocked me out. I use this stuff shown in its stable. The zinc is good for warding off colds too.
Stick shiftin since '77
theholycow wrote:Why in the world would you even want to be as smooth as an automatic? Might as well just drive an automatic...
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 CX-5 GT

Post by potownrob »

ClutchFork wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 8:25 pm
Rope-Pusher wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 1:14 pm

The horse?
That silver would have knocked me out. I use this stuff shown in its stable. The zinc is good for warding off colds too.
eye forgot all aboot the k2 and never heard of anyone actually taking silver supplements. eye usually take a magnesium zinc calcium pill then d3 pills and c off coarse. what does the silver do egg sacked lee, doo ewe no?
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter

Post by Rope-Pusher »

I eat food, it's full of vitamins, fiber, minerals, pro-biotics, anti-biotics, amino acids, proteins, fats, carbohydrates, etc.....and rodent hair and feces. Just to make sure I'm getting enough of everything, I eat too much food.....and I take a generic multi-vitamin daily.
ClutchFork
Master Standardshifter

Post by ClutchFork »

potownrob wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 2:59 am eye forgot all aboot the k2 and never heard of anyone actually taking silver supplements. eye usually take a magnesium zinc calcium pill then d3 pills and c off coarse. what does the silver do egg sacked lee, doo ewe no?
Silver has been used for centuries to support the immune system and promote general wellness. Any time I feel a soreness in my throat or sinuses I take 5ML water mixed with 5ML the ionic silver and let it sit in the back of my mouth for a few minutes, then swallow. It kills germs. I suspect the silver has helped my teeth as I had no cavities for several dentist visits and normally I get a lot of cavities.

If I get a cut I soak it in silver ion solution direct, not mixed down. If I get a full on sinus infection I will snort the stuff! Its a lot like getting water through your nose in the pool. :lol: The nice thing about this silver is it is ions. Many people take colloidal silver which you can OD on and start turning bluish.

The magnesium knocked out my severe cramps, and helped with my erratic heartbeat so that I could keep drinking my favorite beverage--coffee!
Stick shiftin since '77
potownrob
Master Standardshifter

Post by potownrob »

is that there silver similar in effect to iodine? ive been taking iodine in my pill water and also once weekly in my tub water (for the feet).
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter

Post by Rope-Pusher »

potownrob wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 7:34 am is that there silver similar in effect to iodine? ive been taking iodine in my pill water and also once weekly in my tub water (for the feet).

(a) Little Iodine never hurt anyone.
ClutchFork
Master Standardshifter

Post by ClutchFork »

potownrob wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 7:34 am is that there silver similar in effect to iodine? ive been taking iodine in my pill water and also once weekly in my tub water (for the feet).
I hav no idea how they compare but that both have been used in wounds. There is a compound called silver iodide which may just be one of the delivery methods for iodine. I guess we all need a little iodine for the thyroid and there is some in the mineral supplement. But my daughter told me to take iodine supplement if I were to get covid along with some other stuff, can't remember exactly.
Stick shiftin since '77
potownrob
Master Standardshifter

Post by potownrob »

gotcha. i've heard of silver (other than the actual precious metal kept in coins etc.) but never learned how to implement it dietarily. what you said about applying it to wounds did remind me of what can be done with iodine. i drink it with my pill water mainly to cancel out effects from what's in our water like fluoride, chrorine (i think?) etc. i put it in water in shower to help my feet; not sure how effective that is though, other than it being absorbed into my skin etc. magnesium supposedly, among other things, helps with vitamin D absorption.
ClutchFork
Master Standardshifter

Post by ClutchFork »

potownrob wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:41 am gotcha. i've heard of silver (other than the actual precious metal kept in coins etc.) but never learned how to implement it dietarily. what you said about applying it to wounds did remind me of what can be done with iodine. i drink it with my pill water mainly to cancel out effects from what's in our water like fluoride, chrorine (i think?) etc. i put it in water in shower to help my feet; not sure how effective that is though, other than it being absorbed into my skin etc. magnesium supposedly, among other things, helps with vitamin D absorption.
Right, Magnesium Deficiency Reduces Effectiveness of Vitamin D in the Prevention of Disease:
https://www.prnewswire.com/news-release ... 05004.html

I drink only bottled spring water, though I saw reports it does have fluoride, but presumably natural fluoride instead of the industrial stuff added. My tap water sometimes reeks of chlorine.
Stick shiftin since '77