Automotive Slang

Off-topic posts, quotes of the day and anything else you just would like to vent to the world. PG-13 or below PLEASE!
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 CX-5 GT

Re: Automotive Slang

Post by potownrob »

wannabe wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:43 am What is bagged???
Your mom? :shock:

JK :!: :mrgreen:
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 CX-5 GT

Post by potownrob »

ClutchFork wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:55 am
potownrob wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:50 am what'd i miss?? :D

Well if you are too young to have grown up in the 1970s you missed a lot of crazy stuff, but I would say no loss. Besides I am sure the 80s on out had their share of craziness. Just I don't know much about it as I was not in high school then.
Thanks for making me feel young (for a change). Born in 1980, grew up mostly in the 90s but got to see some things in the 80s. Eye remember watching some news show where they showed CDs and how they worked etc. back in I think 89 or 90. I didn’t realize it back then, but CDs had existed For several years before that.
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty

Post by Rope-Pusher »

potownrob wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:08 am
ClutchFork wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:55 am
potownrob wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:50 am what'd i miss?? :D

Well if you are too young to have grown up in the 1970s you missed a lot of crazy stuff, but I would say no loss. Besides I am sure the 80s on out had their share of craziness. Just I don't know much about it as I was not in high school then.
Thanks for making me feel young (for a change). Born in 1980, grew up mostly in the 90s but got to see some things in the 80s. Eye remember watching some news show where they showed CDs and how they worked etc. back in I think 89 or 90. I didn’t realize it back then, but CDs had existed For several years before that.
Yeah, they had CDs back then, but they were "Certificates of Deposit" and the banks would pay high interest rates if you saved your money in these big chunks.
'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"
IMBoring25

Post by IMBoring25 »

Air bagged (for adjustable ride height). The short form is most commonly applied to heavily customized vehicles that usually use it to dramatically lower the vehicle while it's parked. Not to be confused with hydraulics, which you need to make the car bounce without hitting bumps or drive down the street like a dog looking for a fire hydrant.
ClutchFork
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2008 Fusion 2.3L manual

Post by ClutchFork »

wannabe wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:43 am What is bagged???
air bag suspension component for lowering raising etc.
Stick shiftin since '77
theholycow wrote:Why in the world would you even want to be as smooth as an automatic? Might as well just drive an automatic...