Buying guide actually updated to 2021

General discussion about cars. Looking to buy a new car? Have a great driving story? Post it here!
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 CX-5 GT

Re: Buying guide actually updated to 2021

Post by potownrob »

Rope-Pusher wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 1:39 pm Image

I heard that 2022 Dodge Challenger will not be available with Amish transmission any longer.
Eye was jest out there. Eye only almost hit won horse n buggy. We all waze wave at the buggy babes and they usually wave back.
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
ClutchFork
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2008 Fusion 2.3L manual

Post by ClutchFork »

Rope-Pusher wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 1:39 pm Image

I heard that 2022 Dodge Challenger will not be available with Amish transmission any longer.
Now that's a convoy! They wouldn't be heading to Quebec per chance?
Stick shiftin since '77
theholycow wrote:Why in the world would you even want to be as smooth as an automatic? Might as well just drive an automatic...
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty

Post by Rope-Pusher »

INTEGRA PRE-ORDERS OVERWHELMINGLY MANUAL Autoline Daily
"But now let’s shift away from EVs. Acura says that pre-orders for the all-new Integra are overwhelmingly with the manual transmission. The vehicle comes standard with a custom tuned CVT, but over 70% of initial buyers want to shift their own gears. But that number will almost assuredly go down as sales go on."

https://www.autoblog.com/2022/03/17/202 ... take-rate/
'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"
potownrob
Master Standardshifter

Post by potownrob »

bk7794 wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 10:30 pm
Standardshifter wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:46 pm No more manuals in the regular Civic sedans either, at least they are still in the hatch.

Only reason Subaru still has manuals in Impreza is that the current model is relatively old. Like the Forester, when it comes time in (2023?) for the new model, I doubt the manual will be available for the Impreza or Crosstrek.
But Honda dropped the manual in the new Accord for 2019. I think there was no real difference between 18-19.

I do agree, I'd be surprised if they stick around. It'd be a shame as the crosstrek really is a unique car with a manual.
especially since the crosstrek gets the 6 speed while the regular impretzel is stuck with the 5 speed.
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter

Post by Rope-Pusher »

TOYOTA COROLLA GR IS A MONSTER - Autoline Daily

https://pressroom.toyota.com/heat-for-t ... r-corolla/

Enthusiasts rejoice! Hot hatches are far from dead. Last night Toyota unveiled the 300 horsepower, all-wheel drive Corolla GR. And this isn’t some lame marketing job with blacked out bits and a blatty muffler. It’s got some serious engineering cred.

The 1.6L, 3-cylinder direct/port injected turbo engine delivers 300 hp and 273 pound-feet of torque. And this engine revs. Max horsepower is at 6500 rpm. All the power is fed through a 6-speed manual transmission.

Let’s dive inside the engine. Multi-oil jet piston cooling, large-diameter exhaust valves and a part-machined intake port show the attention to detail this car got. The turbocharger is integrated in the exhaust manifold for lower weight. The wastegate bypass gasses are even used to heat up the catalytic converter faster.

The all-wheel drive system is awesome. It offers customizable front-rear power settings. You can have a 60-40 split for mainly front wheel drive daily commuting, a 50-50 split for autocross or track days, or a 30-70 power split to kick the rear wheels out. And to make sure that max amount of power hits the pavement it’s got front and rear Torsen Limited-Slip Differentials.

The Corolla GR is assembled at Toyota’s Motomachi plant in Japan, but Gazoo Racing recruited highly skilled technicians from throughout the company to make it. Some of the other details that set it apart from run-of-the-mill Corollas include enhanced frame reinforcements, functional exterior air vents and aerodynamic tweaks, more weld points in the frame, and extensive use of structural adhesives.

MY23_GR-Corolla-Circuit-Edition_018_b-1500x1000
Two trim lines are available: Core and Circuit, the latter adds a forged carbon fiber roof, vented bulge hood and a sporty rear spoiler, suede-trimmed sport seats and more. In fact, Toyota provided quite a bit of detail on this car and if you’d like to learn more check out the link in the transcript.
potownrob
Master Standardshifter

Post by potownrob »

Rope-Pusher wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 11:17 am TOYOTA COROLLA GR IS A MONSTER - Autoline Daily

Enthusiasts rejoice! Hot hatches are far from dead. Last night Toyota unveiled the 300 horsepower, all-wheel drive Corolla GR. And this isn’t some lame marketing job with blacked out bits and a blatty muffler. It’s got some serious engineering cred.

The 1.6L, 3-cylinder direct/port injected turbo engine delivers 300 hp and 273 pound-feet of torque. And this engine revs. Max horsepower is at 6500 rpm. All the power is fed through a 6-speed manual transmission.

Let’s dive inside the engine. Multi-oil jet piston cooling, large-diameter exhaust valves and a part-machined intake port show the attention to detail this car got. The turbocharger is integrated in the exhaust manifold for lower weight. The wastegate bypass gasses are even used to heat up the catalytic converter faster.

The all-wheel drive system is awesome. It offers customizable front-rear power settings. You can have a 60-40 split for mainly front wheel drive daily commuting, a 50-50 split for autocross or track days, or a 30-70 power split to kick the rear wheels out. And to make sure that max amount of power hits the pavement it’s got front and rear Torsen Limited-Slip Differentials.

The Corolla GR is assembled at Toyota’s Motomachi plant in Japan, but Gazoo Racing recruited highly skilled technicians from throughout the company to make it. Some of the other details that set it apart from run-of-the-mill Corollas include enhanced frame reinforcements, functional exterior air vents and aerodynamic tweaks, more weld points in the frame, and extensive use of structural adhesives.

Two trim lines are available: Core and Circuit, the latter adds a forged carbon fiber roof, vented bulge hood and a sporty rear spoiler, suede-trimmed sport seats and more. In fact, Toyota provided quite a bit of detail on this car and if you’d like to learn more check out the link in the transcript.
BK, where you at bro??
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter

Post by Rope-Pusher »

potownrob wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 7:43 am
Rope-Pusher wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 11:17 am TOYOTA COROLLA GR IS A MONSTER - Autoline Daily

BK, where you at bro??
He's busy cookin' Whoppers for a line of cars in the drive-thru.
potownrob
Master Standardshifter

Post by potownrob »

Rope-Pusher wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 8:54 pm
potownrob wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 7:43 am

BK, where you at bro??
He's busy cookin' Whoppers for a line of cars in the drive-thru.
that's what eye figured. that bk and his burger dreams...
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter

Post by Rope-Pusher »

The 2023 Toyota GR Supra Comes with a Stick - Autoweek

https://www.autoweek.com/news/future-ca ... %20Openers
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter

Post by Rope-Pusher »

The Porsche 911 Sport Classic Is a 543-HP Homage - Autoweek

"This turbocharged 3.7-liter flat-six was retuned by Porsche to make less power than what you’ll see from the Turbo or Turbo S. This 911 Sport Classic squeezes 543 hp and 442 lb-ft of torque from this 3.7-liter boxer mill. That’s down 29 hp and 111 lb-ft of torque compared to the 911 Turbo’s tune. The reason? This special Porsche feeds its power exclusively through a seven-speed manual transmission connected to the rear wheels. The sacrifice in sheer power could be worth rowing your own gears."

potownrob
Master Standardshifter

Post by potownrob »

Rope-Pusher wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 12:16 pm The Porsche 911 Sport Classic Is a 543-HP Homage - Autoweek

"This turbocharged 3.7-liter flat-six was retuned by Porsche to make less power than what you’ll see from the Turbo or Turbo S. This 911 Sport Classic squeezes 543 hp and 442 lb-ft of torque from this 3.7-liter boxer mill. That’s down 29 hp and 111 lb-ft of torque compared to the 911 Turbo’s tune. The reason? This special Porsche feeds its power exclusively through a seven-speed manual transmission connected to the rear wheels. The sacrifice in sheer power could be worth rowing your own gears."

that won act shoe well lee sounds amazing, eye mean the thought of driving it, knot the act shoe well probably amazing sounding engine...
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter

Post by Rope-Pusher »

I REMEMBER........

...when it was mower off ten the kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk that the Amish drivers were rewarded wiff the mower powerful virgin and slushbox drivers were the martyrs, suffering along wiff fiur ponies and fiur gear ranches too chews from. My how the thymes half changed.
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter

Post by Rope-Pusher »

DRIVING NISSAN’S NEW Z - Autoline Daily

The Nissan Z car is now in its 7-th generation and is brand new. It rides on a modified RWD drive platform that features a double-wishbone front suspension and a multi-link rear. Under the hood is a 3.0L twin-turbo V6 that makes 400 horsepower and 350 lb-ft of torque. It can be mated to either a 6-speed manual or 9-speed automatic and, interestingly, there’s no price difference between the two. More on that in a minute. But the Z car operates in a very unique space, especially in our market here in the U.S. It doesn’t have a lot of competition. Really, its only direct competitor is the Toyota Supra, but you could make arguments for the Mustang, Toyotaru Twins and maybe even Corvette. And we thought there was a lot to like about the new Z during a recent drive. As you would suspect with 400 horsepower, there’s plenty of get-up-and-go. The 6-speed manual shifted smoothly and while you rip through 1st gear pretty quick, there’s a nice long pull in 2nd. The suspension is stiff and holds turns pretty well, the true test would be a race track, but it’s not too stiff that you’re going to rattle your teeth out. I felt a little extra cushion in the seat, which I think helped with this. I’d also like to note that the pedals were spaced well enough for someone to heel-toe and at 6’4’’ I fit nicely inside the car without being cramped. Speaking of the inside, it’s got nice components and materials on all the main touchpoints. The steering wheel, door pockets and lower dash are all covered in a quality-looking leather and you get an 8- or optional 9-inch digital display for the infotainment. But the rest of the materials and switchgear looked a little on the cheap side. Especially since we had the nicer model that topped out at over $53,000, including destination charges. Base price is just over $41,000. We’ve been in the Supra, which is priced similarly, and thought it had a more premium interior. But the Z has the look and drive that’s going to appeal to anyone that’s ever wanted or had a Z car in the past.

https://usa.nissannews.com/en-US/releas ... t-at-39990
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter

Post by Rope-Pusher »

Cumming at a Stealership Near Hugh!

TOYOTA SUPRA GETS 6-SPEED MANUAL - Autoline Daily
Toyota is doing its part to #savethemanuals. It added a 6-speed manual transmission option on the 6-cylinder version of the Supra for the 2023 model year. And the car is now on sale in the U.S. market. Even better still, there’s no price difference between the automatic. It starts at roughly $53,500, including destination charges.

"Powerful Engineering Drivers Can Feel

Developed by Toyota GAZOO Racing Engineers in cooperation with Toyota Motor Europe and German transmission supplier ZF, the GR Supra’s manual transmission was built with components designed specifically to suit the power and torque characteristics of its 3.0-liter 382-hp straight-six engine.

The engineering team combined an existing transmission housing and gear set, developed a new shift lever and removed elements that were not required, such as the acoustic package, which reduced weight, bringing the manual equipped Supra in at 3,389 pounds. At the heart of the transmission is a newly engineered large diameter clutch with a reinforced diaphragm spring. With a larger friction area and a stronger spring, this new component has the high-performance capability appropriate for use with the GR Supra’s high-torque engine. The manual gearbox also features an Intelligent Manual Transmission (iMT) programmed with new software that prioritizes sporty performance. When upshifting, the parameters are tuned to optimize engine torque at the moment of clutch engagement and release; on downshifts, the software includes rev matching for consistent performance. The iMT is set as the default, but, if the driver prefers, it can be switched off in Individual Mode.

To support take-off, the final drive ratio has been shortened, from 3.15 (in the GR Supra automatic) to 3.46 (in the GR Supra MT). The result is response and gearing appropriate for sports car performance and a manufacturer estimated zero-to-sixty time of 4.2 seconds.

Close attention was also paid to how a manual shifter could be accommodated in the driver’s cockpit. The lever ratio was specifically set to minimize the effort required to make shifts and engage reverse gear. While the weight and shape of the shift knob, along with the quality of shift engagement, have all been precisely defined. Ergonomics were also considered, as the console unit and position of the drive mode selector were adjusted to provide a 1.7-inch clearance between the shift knob and the control panel."

https://pressroom.toyota.com/power-shif ... alerships/
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter

Post by Rope-Pusher »

2023 BMW M2 Gets 453 HP, Standard Manual Transmission
"Purists will be happy to know the second-generation M2 retains a 6-speed manual transmission as standard, though an 8-speed M Steptronic gearbox is also available. Though we're partial to the manual, either transmission would pair well with the M2's power and layout. The 6-speed manual includes modern features like auto-rev-matching, and the 8-speed automatic is paired with three modes: M (tailored for driver's preference), Sport, and Track."

https://www.autoweek.com/news/sports-ca ... 023-model/