My 'Runner

A place to post photos and discuss your car.
AHTOXA
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '19 4RUNNER TRD ORP

My 'Runner

Post by AHTOXA »

What up my dudes. Been a long time since I've been on this site, and many of you know that I no longer own a manual vehicle. Additionally, I've recently sold my (manual) motorcycle that I've had for 4 years, so I officially have no manual gas-powered vehicle in my home. The bike money is for a sled and some truck parts.

But that aside, over the last couple of months I've been building the 4Runner. We're moving to CO (Grand Junction) in October of this year, and the truck will serve as means to explore, MTB, backpack, hike and camp. It's not built as a dedicated overlander but more of a general offroader; I wanted to keep the weight low so adding things like RTTs simply add too much weight for general wheeling.

List of mods at this stage:
- King extended travel front coilovers with remote reservoirs.
- King extended travel rear shocks with remotes and adjustable rebound rates
- Icon Superflex 2.0 rear spring
- Icon Delta Joint UCAs
- RSG rock sliders
- 33" BFG AT KO2
- LED headlight conversion and some other miscellaneous small mods.

Truck's been to CO a few times and spent some time wheeling around the passes. Can't wait to be living in the CO area in a few months!

ImageIMG_0028 by anthony zanegin, on Flickr

ImageIMG_0385 by anthony zanegin, on Flickr

ImageIMG_0405 by anthony zanegin, on Flickr
'19 Toyota 4Runner TRD ORP
'12 Suzuki V-Strom 650
ClutchFork
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2008 Fusion 2.3L manual

Re: My 'Runner

Post by ClutchFork »

AHTOXA wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:57 pm Truck's been to CO a few times and spent some time wheeling around the passes. Can't wait to be living in the CO area in a few months!
Nice truck!
Back in about 1979 I took my '77 highway-geared one-legger two-wheel-drive three-on-the-tree F150 over Tincup Pass in Colorado.
Stick shiftin since '77
theholycow wrote:Why in the world would you even want to be as smooth as an automatic? Might as well just drive an automatic...
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty

Post by Rope-Pusher »

Tell us you still have the commemorative Tin Cup as a keepsake.
'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"
ClutchFork
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2008 Fusion 2.3L manual

Post by ClutchFork »

Rope-Pusher wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:33 am Tell us you still have the commemorative Tin Cup as a keepsake.
Nope, not even a lousy t-shirt saying "I survived Tin Cup Pass." But I could make a whole thread and fill it with stories of how I abused that 77 F100! It was great for curb hopping (tall curbs) with the forged radius rods. I no more than had the '84 F150 a week, tried a curb hop and bent the cheesy stamped steel radius rod. I had to learn that the newer Fords were just not as tough.
Stick shiftin since '77
theholycow wrote:Why in the world would you even want to be as smooth as an automatic? Might as well just drive an automatic...
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 CX-5 GT

Post by potownrob »

AHTOXA wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:57 pm What up my dudes. Been a long time since I've been on this site, and many of you know that I no longer own a manual vehicle. Additionally, I've recently sold my (manual) motorcycle that I've had for 4 years, so I officially have no manual gas-powered vehicle in my home. The bike money is for a sled and some truck parts.

But that aside, over the last couple of months I've been building the 4Runner. We're moving to CO (Grand Junction) in October of this year, and the truck will serve as means to explore, MTB, backpack, hike and camp. It's not built as a dedicated overlander but more of a general offroader; I wanted to keep the weight low so adding things like RTTs simply add too much weight for general wheeling.

List of mods at this stage:
- King extended travel front coilovers with remote reservoirs.
- King extended travel rear shocks with remotes and adjustable rebound rates
- Icon Superflex 2.0 rear spring
- Icon Delta Joint UCAs
- RSG rock sliders
- 33" BFG AT KO2
- LED headlight conversion and some other miscellaneous small mods.

Truck's been to CO a few times and spent some time wheeling around the passes. Can't wait to be living in the CO area in a few months!

ImageIMG_0028 by anthony zanegin, on Flickr

ImageIMG_0385 by anthony zanegin, on Flickr

ImageIMG_0405 by anthony zanegin, on Flickr
GLAD YOU'RE STILL ALIVE BRO!! the truck is looking nicer and nicer. all mods look to be tastefully done, and those suspension mods look legit. glad you're finally getting to move to CO. just watch out for the potmonsters and stonecops.
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
mtheis
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 07 Corolla, 76 Celica

Post by mtheis »

Nice looking 4Runner! I'm jealous.
2007 Corolla
2017 Cannondale Quick 3
1995 Tercel
1976 Celica GT
Unofficial SS.com IRC Server
Driving stick since March 20, 2002