ClutchDisc's new ride

A place to post photos and discuss your car.
ClutchDisc
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: 2009 Mazda 5 2.3L 5MT

Re: ClutchDisc's new ride

Post by ClutchDisc »

Well not too old I would say because of rust issues up here. I think I might look at manual cruze or a manual 4cyl fusion.
09 Mazda 5 2.3 5-speed manual 171k
11 Subaru Forester auto :( 113k
92 Ford Mustang LX 5.0 5-speed manual 151k
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 CX-5 GT

Post by potownrob »

tankinbeans wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:56 pm
ClutchDisc wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:50 pm Well I don't want to spend over 5k, would love to stay under 4k. Would consider midsize car with a 4cyl and a stick too.
Do you want to stick to a specific age? An 03 Accord coupe with a manual should be doable and the mileage, given your driving career, should be pleasantly surprising. I had an 03 Accord coupe and regularly got 27ses, but that was mixing more city(suburbs) than highway. It was also an auto so...
Amen, amen eye say two ewe... the accord will pleasantly surprise both in power and refinement, especially if you’re coming from an earlier focus.
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
ClutchFork
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2008 Fusion 2.3L manual

Post by ClutchFork »

IMBoring25 wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:40 am The stepped mode in CVTs is a consequence of consumer testing of early prototypes that were designed to shift optimally (i.e. continuously). Apparently, people found the constant-RPM engine note and lack of shift-shock disconcerting, to the point that they believed something was broken. Rather than educate the consumers, they accepted some performance and economy penalty for a more familiar sensation.
I heard similar story on Ford switching years ago to dummy oil pressure gauges. Customers thought something was wrong because the real gauges actually move around. Ford got tired of trying to explain it. Really it's about the dummy customers who wanted sporty looking gauge package but would have been better served with idiot lights.
Stick shiftin since '77
theholycow wrote:Why in the world would you even want to be as smooth as an automatic? Might as well just drive an automatic...