Car safety nanny tech

Off-topic posts, quotes of the day and anything else you just would like to vent to the world. PG-13 or below PLEASE!
AHTOXA
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '19 4RUNNER TRD ORP

Re: Car safety nanny tech

Post by AHTOXA »

You know, I'm not even sure why we're arguing about a 4th gen 4Runner, and I don't remember how we even got to that subject. Honestly, it matters not.
'19 Toyota 4Runner TRD ORP
'12 Suzuki V-Strom 650
wannabe
Master Standardshifter
Cars: NONE - take the bus

Post by wannabe »

2003 Chrysler town and country

Crafting and stuff
tankinbeans
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 17 Mazda6 To, 18 Mazda3 i

Post by tankinbeans »

Now, that scares the hell out of me. Can you imagine how many people would get freaked and could cause more issues than they're worth.
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PF0AcyMFtMA[/youtube]

Trying to post a video, but for some reason it's not letting me share a video. Grr.
17 Mazda6 Touring
18 Mazda3 iSport
InlinePaul wrote:The driving force of new fangled features to sell more cars [is to] cater to the masses' abject laziness!
theholycow
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '80 Buick LeSabre 4.1 5MT

Post by theholycow »

tankinbeans wrote:Now, that scares the hell out of me. Can you imagine how many people would get freaked and could cause more issues than they're worth.

Trying to post a video, but for some reason it's not letting me share a video. Grr.

Because https. Fixed to http.
1980 Buick LeSabre 4.1L 5MT

Put your car in your sig!

Learn to launch/FAQs/lugging/misused terms: meta-sig
watkins wrote:Humans have rear-biased AWD. Cows have 4WD
tankinbeans
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 17 Mazda6 To, 18 Mazda3 i

Post by tankinbeans »

Ah. Shizzle. Thanks, Cow. I thank your butteriness.
17 Mazda6 Touring
18 Mazda3 iSport
InlinePaul wrote:The driving force of new fangled features to sell more cars [is to] cater to the masses' abject laziness!
Shadow
Master Standardshifter

Post by Shadow »

AHTOXA wrote:You know, I'm not even sure why we're arguing about a 4th gen 4Runner, and I don't remember how we even got to that subject. Honestly, it matters not.
Um.....I didn't think we were arguing at all. The topic came up because the 4th gen 4Runner is an excellent example of a vehicle that was just as good or better in it's first year as it was during the rest of the production run. In other words, not ALL vehicles are better purchased after the first year or two of their generation. I'm sure in most cases that the last year of a generation is normally one of the most reliable choices, but that's not always the case.
Squint
Master Standardshifter

Post by Squint »

The article says,
Jalopnik wrote:NHTSA isn't saying it plans to require the technology on new cars yet, but it's seeking to add it to its revised and ever-expanding New Car Assessment Program (NCAP), which basically acts as a safety score card for new car buyers. That's a first step towards a broader mandate, similar to what it's done with air bags, ABS, and stability control in the past, and most recently back-up cameras, which will be required on all new cars in 2018.
If they go at the same speed with which they have adopted rear cameras, it will be on all our deathbeds when they finally add auto emergency braking as a requirement.
'15 Mazda 3 iSport Hatch 6MT
'11 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SE 5MT
'14 Giant Escape City 24MT
'97 Honda Civic EX 4AT - Retired @ 184,001 mi

For Pony!