Seams Tummy Eye Dew Recall.....

Off-topic posts, quotes of the day and anything else you just would like to vent to the world. PG-13 or below PLEASE!
ClutchFork
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2008 Fusion 2.3L manual

Re: Seams Tummy Eye Dew Recall.....

Post by ClutchFork »

Rope-Pusher wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:55 am Prolly every kinda slushbox has a parking pawl,
My '71 Ferd had a parking paul and I once was in a hurry to pick up a carry out and threw it in park while still turning into the driveway of the restaurant. It made a loud ratchet like sound until it slowed to a near stop then lurched to a stop when paul dropped into the slot. The car rocked back an fourth and came to rest. People in the window seats were staring as I got out of the car. The paul still worked as long as I had that car, but I did a lot of other bad things to that car being I was only 17 at the time. Once I think I got all four wheels off the ground at the same time after jumping a kurb at 60 mph or so.
Stick shiftin since '77
theholycow wrote:Why in the world would you even want to be as smooth as an automatic? Might as well just drive an automatic...
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty

Post by Rope-Pusher »

DRIVE IT UNTIL THE WHEELS FALL OFF

Toyota finally develops a fix and start building BZ4X again. It was more complex than just replacing fasteners.

https://www.theautopian.com/heres-how-t ... lling-off/
'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 CX-5 GT

Post by potownrob »

Rope-Pusher wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 1:05 pm DRIVE IT UNTIL THE WHEELS FALL OFF

Toyota finally develops a fix and start building BZ4X again. It was more complex than just replacing fasteners.

https://www.theautopian.com/heres-how-t ... lling-off/
arr you shore it has nothing to do whiff subaru's collaboration w/ toyota? arr you shore subaru didn't contribute the wheel components? that there bolt pattern looks awful tight for a toyota wheel... how come no mention of subaru and their wheel problems? is the same thing happening whiff subaru's version of this "car?"
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty

Post by Rope-Pusher »

'Member all those Takata Airbag Recalls?

THESE SHOES ARE MADE FOR WALKING - Autoline Daily
One supplier is turning automotive waste into something useful. Toyoda Gosei, which makes automotive components, teamed up with shoe maker, Asics, to come out with a shoe made from scrap airbag material and steering wheel leather. It looks like a pretty average sporty shoe design to us that could appeal to a wide range of people. And one of the big benefits is that the materials are difficult to recycle and would probably otherwise just be thrown out. The shoes are on sale in Japan right now for 16,500 yen or about $127. Toyoda Gosei says it also used airbag material and steering wheel leather to make bags, pen cases, and other products.

https://www.toyoda-gosei.com/news/detail/?id=330
'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"