Honest Engines

Off-topic posts, quotes of the day and anything else you just would like to vent to the world. PG-13 or below PLEASE!
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 CX-5 GT

Re: Honest Engines

Post by potownrob »

eye think my sisto has an electric mower, butt it's won of those older seemingly experimental ones that was underpowered and didn't hold a charge. she has the cheap gas mower that i bought to replace the honda, but she only uses it iff the lawn service does a bad job/won't do the area near the pool (has depended on the company; the latest company who also does our lawn has been good and even is ok whiff mowing once every too weaks).
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 CX-5 GT

Post by potownrob »

https://www.wheels.ca/news/mazda-goes- ... tid=Zxz2cZ
Purse son all lee, I’m rather cun tent whiff my cx-5 whiff its online 4, FF based chassis etc. something like the cx-70 whiff in-line 6, FR setup etc. has me antennae up though.
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty

Post by Rope-Pusher »

COUNTING UP MUSTANG’S PONIES - Autoline Daily

We finally got official performance numbers for the all-new Mustang’s powertrain lineup. Currently at the top of the heap is the Dark Horse edition. Its naturally aspirated 5.0L Coyote V8 makes 500 horsepower and 418 lb-ft of torque. The Mustang GT, which also features a 5.0L V8, has 480 horsepower and a similar torque rating. The reason the Dark Horse has more power is because its engine has been upgraded with a uniquely balanced crankshaft, strengthened camshaft and forged connecting rods, which allows for higher cylinder pressure and piston speeds. The new GT for its part is still the most powerful Mustang GT ever and features a segment-first dual intake and throttle body system as well as an active exhaust. The EcoBoost Mustang comes with an all-new 2.3L turbocharged 4-cylinder engine that makes 315 horsepower and 350 lb-ft of torque. That horsepower figure is only slightly more than the 310 that the previous EcoBoost Mustang made and it’s also expected to raise fuel economy slightly from 32 MPG highway and 25 combined up to 34 highway and 26 combined. It’s important to note that all these performance figures were achieved with premium fuel in the tank. The all-new Mustang goes on sale in the U.S. in the summer of 2023.

https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedi ... 0-hor.html
'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter

Post by Rope-Pusher »

Once again, the 80 / 20 rule is ignored

80% of the pollution is made by 20% of the heavy-duty trucks, but they go after the new truck production instead of cleaning up the ones that are making most of the pollution.

EPA TOUGHENS HEAVY-DUTY TRUCK EMISSION RULES - Autoline Daily
For the first time in more than 20 years, the Environmental Protection Agency is implementing stricter emission regulations for heavy-duty trucks. Starting in model year 2027, the new standards are 80% tougher than current ones and will reduce NOx emissions by 45%. They’re also expected to increase the life of vehicles by 1.5 to 2.5 times. The new rules are designed so trucks meet EPA standards as they age and they require manufacturers to make sure engines and emission control systems work properly on the road and can’t be tampered with. The new regulations are expected to prevent up to 2,900 fewer premature deaths and provide $29 billion in net benefits. This is just the first phase to curb emissions from big trucks. In the coming months, the EPA will also issue new rules for greenhouse gas emissions for heavy trucks and stricter standards for light and medium-duty trucks that also go into effect in 2027.

https://www.epa.gov/newsreleases/final- ... e-key-step
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter

Post by Rope-Pusher »

DODGE OUTDOES THEMSELVES WITH DEMON 170

...Now, if only they could make an AMISH version available.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a4332 ... -revealed/
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter

Post by Rope-Pusher »

FOR THE SAME PRICE YOU'D PAY FOR A CHALLENGER DEMON 170,.........

PORSCHE OFFERING NEW CRANKCASES FOR OLD 911s - Autoline Daily
Finding replacement parts for old, classic cars can be difficult. That’s why Porsche offers reissued parts for its older models and now it’s making magnesium crankcases available for 911’s built between 1968 and 1976. Until now, the only hope was to weld cracks in the cases or reuse parts from another engine. But now owners can order the crankcases as an original part right from Porsche. However, it wasn’t easy to recreate because the old drawings with production related data were hard to decipher. So Porsche had to go through parts lists, technical info in company archives and interview former and current staff about design details, in order to reproduce the crankcase.

https://newsroom.porsche.com/en/2023/pr ... 31510.html