Who here shoots? (Gun related)

All things photo, moving or not.
comingbackdown
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2013 Ford Fiesta

Re: Who here shoots? (Gun related)

Post by comingbackdown »

noob5,000,000 wrote:Resident Evil. I need to get a hold of a Gamecube and try out the remake.
RE4 is EPICCCCC! Good luck not getting Ashley slaughtered at every turn though.
paul34 wrote:in that case it's actually not a bad idea. Funny how it just perfectly fits in that little pocket I never know what to do with. Seriously, what is it for? change?
I use that pocket to carry my Buck. Small, slim profile knife, highly concealable. Unless I end up being patted down, nobody will ever know it's there.
2013 Ford Fiesta + a bike and a land yacht which are in pieces.
comingbackdown
Master Standardshifter

Post by comingbackdown »

paul34 wrote:I missed the USP Tactical post. HK is money (literally), but you do get what you pay for, which is quality. German engineering. I think it is Jack Bauer's gun of choice as well.

Went to the range today. Much better than last time for sure, which was a disaster (I became very apathetic/complacent - started to ignore the fundamentals; and was also flinching a lot for no reason).

Ruger MKIII, using .22LR in the 550 Federal bulk pack from WM. Still haven't had a single malfunction with this weapon or ammo. I think I've probably fired about 400-450 of the rounds in the box by this point (I've had it for several months).

Center is my first go at 21', the lower right is my first attempt shooting anything at 40', and the top right is my "finish out my range session" at 21' again.

My XD45 shooting. First 10 rounds were 185 gr. Speer Gold Dots. Then 50 more rounds of 230 gr. CCI Blazer aluminum (which FLASHES quite a bit - fireball! -, but is good ammo that is cheap, if you can find it). All shots at 21'.

I need to man up and work out. My 45 really wore out my wrist and arm today. Recoil...

I've been noticing I have a tendency to hit up and to the right. The diagnostic target says I may be pushing/anticipating recoil, or may have a deficiency with how much trigger finger I am using. I don't doubt that. I like this because it is something I can focus and work on to improve.
Go zen. Clear your mind, breathe, and let your weapon guide you. It is an extension of yourself. If you are not calm and of clear mind, neither shall your weapon be calm.
mtheis
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 07 Corolla, 76 Celica

Post by mtheis »

comingbackdown wrote:Go zen. Clear your mind, breathe, and let your weapon guide you. It is an extension of your cock. If you are not calm and of clear mind, neither shall your weapon be calm.
2007 Corolla
2017 Cannondale Quick 3
1995 Tercel
1976 Celica GT
Unofficial SS.com IRC Server
Driving stick since March 20, 2002
Official lurker
AHTOXA
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '19 4RUNNER TRD ORP

Post by AHTOXA »

Mucho excited now. My FOID needs to get here faster.

I wish IL wasn't so uptight about gun laws. I would like to conceal carry.
'19 Toyota 4Runner TRD ORP
'12 Suzuki V-Strom 650
comingbackdown
Master Standardshifter

Post by comingbackdown »

AHTOXA wrote:Mucho excited now. My FOID needs to get here faster.

I wish IL wasn't so uptight about gun laws. I would like to conceal carry.
Vote in some officials who aren't anal retentive and gun fearing.
AHTOXA
Master Standardshifter

Post by AHTOXA »

I never cared much for Chicago in many respects.

I need to move.
'12 Suzuki V-Strom 650
six
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2015 Chevrolet SS 6MT

Post by six »

If you like guns, you don't live in Chicago, New York City, San Francisco, or Washington D.C. Plain and simple. It just sucks how Chicago's attitude tends to dominate the rest of the state it is in, as opposed to the other examples.
2015 Heron White Chevrolet SS Sedan 6MT
AHTOXA
Master Standardshifter

Post by AHTOXA »

If you like guns, you shoudln't live in a metropolitan area, period. Generally the politicians of a big city are going to be much so against guns than in more rural areas.
'12 Suzuki V-Strom 650
eggwich delfiero
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: Mustang GT

Post by eggwich delfiero »

comingbackdown
Master Standardshifter

Post by comingbackdown »

paul34 wrote:that seems like a pretty damn nice priced for that xd40.

so I am a noob. I only today learned the history of the .40 S&W. Well we know about the 9mm. There was an infamous shootout somewhere in south florida (miami?) between the FBI and some drug guys. Well, many, many rounds were fired, but in the investigation, they found that the 9mm did not penetrate as well as it needed to, and that was why the fight went on so long. So the FBI went on a search for a new caliber. Jeff Cooper developed the 10mm, and the FBI tried it out, even carrying it for a little bit, but later concluded that they felt there was too much recoil. So the case length was scaled abck a bit, and voila, you have the .40 S&W which I believe is what the FBI still uses today.

I know that Federal Air Marshalls use .357 Sig, an interesting caliber and loading.
Ain't it funny how I don't own a handgun at this point and I already knew this?
noob5,000,000
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 1986 Mazda RX-7 x2

Post by noob5,000,000 »

.40 S&W = .40 Short and Weak, according to the 10mm guys :mrgreen: . It's pretty crazy what a difference 3mm of case length can make. I wish 10mm had caught on, it's so awesome.
1986 Mazda RX-7 sport - slowly returning to the Earth
1986 Mazda RX-7 base - Project car, ???, In pieces, turbo parts around.
comingbackdown
Master Standardshifter

Post by comingbackdown »

noob5,000,000 wrote:.40 S&W = .40 Short and Weak, according to the 10mm guys :mrgreen: . It's pretty crazy what a difference 3mm of case length can make. I wish 10mm had caught on, it's so awesome.
In a self-defense situation, quickness of follow up shots is more important than raw power. You must have a balance. That extra recoil can mean the difference between a non-lethal shot or a delayed kill shot being followed up with dropping your target, or being followed up by you ceasing to breathe.
LHOswald
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '99 Civic Hatch w/B16a

Post by LHOswald »

in a self defense situation, you should always be prepared for the worst, because if your in that situation the worst probably already happened. if i daily carry a .45 or even a .50 Deagle, no matter what the situation is, i would've trained myself up and down, backwards and forwards, left and right with that pistol so that no matter what happened to me i would be ready to put 2 in his chest and one in his head. any pistol should be able to do the job if the correct technique is applied.
comingbackdown
Master Standardshifter

Post by comingbackdown »

LHOswald wrote:any pistol should be able to do the job if the correct technique is applied.
Even if the correct technique is applied, there is still a constant delay time between the shot and the weapon returning to firing position. If somebody is on PCP or some shit and can't feel pain, you could still be killed.

Two in the chest and one in the head is not a guaranteed kill. It is possible for a human being to live for up to ten seconds after having a bullet blow their heart to hell. In ten seconds, somebody on hard drugs could walk up, pick you up, and twist your head off. All they'd need is an opening.
noob5,000,000
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 1986 Mazda RX-7 x2

Post by noob5,000,000 »

I tried to go to a local IPSC practice again yesterday, but no one was there :(. They must have had a match somewhere else or something.
1986 Mazda RX-7 sport - slowly returning to the Earth
1986 Mazda RX-7 base - Project car, ???, In pieces, turbo parts around.