Toyota Celica
Chevrolet Cavalier
Ford ZX2
Mazda Protégé
Honda Civic

http://www.bankrate.com/brm/news/auto/20031113a1.asp
IMBoring25

Post by IMBoring25 »

I don't see how they get "Top ten favorite cars of young buyers," from the cars with the highest percentages of 18-24 year old buyers. That just says to me that no one else wants these cars. :)
99gt
Junior Standardshifter

Post by 99gt »

so am i the only "young buyer" that desperatley wants a ford mustang? i would have expected it to show up here somewhere.
IMBoring25

Post by IMBoring25 »

21 here. And would greatly appreciate an 05 GT coupe in bright blue with the T-3650. :)
wildpony
Junior Standardshifter

Post by wildpony »

I am also surprised not to find the Mustang on the list. I am not exactly 24 but I am young and I want HP, and handling. Not just fuel economy ... is that still possible????
99gt
Junior Standardshifter

Post by 99gt »

only in a mustang :wink:
ESCKracker
Junior Standardshifter

Post by ESCKracker »

no... you guys are definently not the only ones who want a mustang... but lets think realistically... Not many 18-24 year olds can yet afford to insure or even keep the tank full in a mustang... especcially not while paying hig payments on a new one. Myself, I would like to have an early 90's mustang...

---ESCKracker
P911C4
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: '04 911, '08 Civic Si

Post by P911C4 »

Look closely at the list.

Every single car on that list can be modified, into a "ricer" or "rice rocket" or "junk" whatever you want to call it. Which is what those cars are: having a low base price, and money left over on the purchase of the car is put into cosmetic/mechanical upgrades.
StandardShift.com Member #193

The Stable:
//2004 Porsche 911 Carrera 4S Cabriolet 6MT//
//2008 Honda Civic Si 6MT//
mr2trd
Junior Standardshifter

Post by mr2trd »

"junk"? are u sure about that? i'm sure that with $2,000 put into any of those cars on the list, it'll whup a mustang GT anyday. i even have faith in the Ford Focus.
coolguy
Master Standardshifter

Post by coolguy »

Hmm..............hyundai tiburon is sure NOT their favorite here :wink: . And I thought Dodge Neon was on the list too...........
Akuma
Senior Standardshifter

Post by Akuma »

THEY'RE NOT REAR WHEEL DRIVE!!!! STUPID RICERS! ACK! Sorry, just my method of venting. I'm not too sure about the tiburon being fwd or not...but who would want one anyways?...

And as for the mustang, I think a lot of us, especially in north america have had one/wanted one at one point of our lives. I'm currently 19, and I had a 67 boss mustang back when I was 16. After I sold that, I was gonna get a camaro, but I got something else instead. Now I drive a nissan 240sx.

In my honest opinion, I think that list should be changed...cause it doesn't even say new or used cars....so I think of all the cars available on the used/new market today...

honda civic
toyota celica
honda crx
honda prelude
volkswagon golf
acura integra
acura rsx
chevy cavalier
chevy camaro
ford mustang
dodge neon
nissan pulsar
nissan 240sx
nissan 300zx
toyota supra

Keep in mind that I also factored in the females in here....
And there's a few older cars, more expensive cars in the list...but even after 15 years, they're still hot comodities.
drunkenpanda
Junior Standardshifter

Post by drunkenpanda »

the rsx is really popular here (so. cali). types: 7800 rpm redline, the roar of vtec, great gas mileage (24-31 mpg),the best interior in it's price range, and 200 hp (it's not the highest in its class of course).

i guess the reason the tiburon is there is because it's v6 (although not very powerful) and really cheap.

akuma, the supra is in high demand and pricey. not only that, they don't make them anymore. a lot of people love the car, but it's really not a reasonable choice. some of the 98 models go for about the same as a new evo8
Last edited by drunkenpanda on Sun Aug 01, 2004 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
ReckLess
Master Standardshifter

re:

Post by ReckLess »

Mitsubishi i feel is not very reliable... i saw in the news that about 200+ new lancer units have been called back to fix a defect..
:twisted:
IMBoring25

Post by IMBoring25 »

Recalls happen, and for all manufacturers. That in itself is not an indication of a problem. The problems that do not get recalls are the ones to worry about.
Mike_E
Senior Standardshifter

Post by Mike_E »

Akuma i dont no if its just here but for some reason the young area of women love the VW beetle, just surprized its not on ur list