Public Poll??

About the forum and Standardshift.com.
Johnf514
Cars: '07 Mazda3, '06 Ninja 636

Post by Johnf514 »

We'll see what we can do. I think I get what you're saying - kind of like a "Car Domain" section.

What do ya'll think about having a link to your car and pictures in your SS profile?
2007 Mazda3
Mods: 15% tint, Eibach ProKit
2006 Ninja 636
Mods: NOS & sidecar
jomotopia
Cars: 04 STi, 05 Matrix XR (AT)

Post by jomotopia »

i guess that would be cool. i'm not thinking though of everybody having a ton of pictures and stuff, just one sticky where we can see a breakdown at a glance of who drives what (hence the public poll) so we can see, are there more Imprezas? more Civics? more tCs? etc. and then maybe 1 or 2 pictures each.
2013 Subaru Impreza WRX in Orange
jomotopia

Post by jomotopia »

well i decided to take a look at phpBB's site. there are a ton of moddifications/add ons which could be useful for this and many other things. they've also got an add on developer's kit which i think i may play around with a bit some time ;) i think the first 2 here probably will allow the public poll idea but i didn't read much but the description yet. and the Null Vote one i think would be very useful b/c it is annoying when you don't want to vote on the poll to have to click view results every time.

Tabulated survey at topic head http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=278888

Event Registration
http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=257087

Null Vote
http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=274023
Standardshifter
Site Admin
Cars: 2005 Legacy GT, Buell

Post by Standardshifter »

There are few mods available for the board to add another field, which in this case would be used for car descriptions. Want to tweak a few other things as well, scheduled for next Tuesday.

Kicking around the idea of going to a physical dedicated server (for other projects as well), along with a switch in forum software by the end of summer. Waiting on some paperwork to get the ball rolling.
-Standardshifter
Shifting the Standard of Automotive Websites
jomotopia

Post by jomotopia »

switch in forum software? why? to what? i actually like this forum software a lot better than the others i have used, except for it randomly marking unread posts as read.
dklkse
Master Standardshifter

Post by dklkse »

I'm all for this idea. Good one, jomo! Keep us updated. 8)

screenname wrote:ImageImage

They're similar in color, but not in content. Plus, mine doesn't have "SUB ZERO" written at the bottom.
Very cool. Wear what you want to wear, dude. Don't let some shallow twat tell you what's acceptable and what isn't.
hockeystyx16 wrote:they got ABS placebo all up their ass making them feel safe and warm
Standardshifter
Site Admin
Cars: 2005 Legacy GT, Buell

Post by Standardshifter »

No worries, won't be changing to something like Invision Power Board...ack.

Main reason for a switch would be to add a bunch of integrated features that are add-ons/mods/hacks for the current software, along with stand-alone features that use the forum user database for authentication purposes(ie one login).

VBulletin with vBadvanced CMPS is more along the lines of what is being looked at if a switch does happen.

Nothing is written in stone, just wanted to mention some 'behind-the-scenes' action based on the conversation in the thread. Feel free to keep the conversation going or give me a PM for more details.
-Standardshifter
Shifting the Standard of Automotive Websites
jomotopia

Post by jomotopia »

cool :)

well now that the thread has gotten off track i'm gonna bring it back... what about that public poll member's rides sticky? lol. any chance of slapping one of those modifications in there next Tuesday so we can make polls where you can see who answered what?
Sypher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 05 Mazda 3 GT

Post by Sypher »

If that is possible, how would the results be displayed? There would be a HUGE list of names. Also, just a suggestion, why not in the user profile have a text box for rides? You know.. kinda like Location, but instead have one for Member's Ride too?
dklkse
Master Standardshifter

Post by dklkse »

Sypher wrote:If that is possible, how would the results be displayed? There would be a HUGE list of names. Also, just a suggestion, why not in the user profile have a text box for rides? You know.. kinda like Location, but instead have one for Member's Ride too?
Yeah, like the scionlife.com forum feature. Good call, Sypher!
hockeystyx16 wrote:they got ABS placebo all up their ass making them feel safe and warm
jomotopia

Post by jomotopia »

here is an example of a public poll: http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/poll.ph ... llid=14305
jomotopia

Post by jomotopia »

btw, my intention for this is not so that people can see what 1 other person drives when they look at their profile or by the avatar, but so that everyone can see what everyone drives, all at once, in one glance. so the # of each car can be easily counted, and so that people will have an easier time knowing which other members drive their same car, etc.
Sypher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 05 Mazda 3 GT

Post by Sypher »

jomotopia wrote:here is an example of a public poll: http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/poll.ph ... llid=14305
ah ok. I see what you mean. That would be good :)
dklkse
Master Standardshifter

Post by dklkse »

Sypher wrote:
jomotopia wrote:here is an example of a public poll: http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/poll.ph ... llid=14305
ah ok. I see what you mean. That would be good :)
+1