Random Videos

All things photo, moving or not.
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty

Re: Random Videos

Post by Rope-Pusher »

I should go buy a lottery ticket today!

I was able to find the other Vido that has eluded me for years.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJXeSkBDiTo[/youtube]
'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"
ClutchFork
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2008 Fusion 2.3L manual

Post by ClutchFork »

Rope-Pusher wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:27 am
Any Boy Scout knows that dryer lint is great for starting campfires. By itself, but especially if you add some melted wax (old crayons) or petroleum jelly. Ya takes your empty cardboard egg carton and ya fills each egg depression with lint and then come by wid your pot of melted wax and pours it over the top. After the wax has cooled and hardened, youse can rip the carton into individual chunx of carton and lint and wax (Oh My!).
Problem is I flunked Boy Scouts. but that is a GREAT idea and I have to start working on it asap in case of power outage.
Stick shiftin since '77
theholycow wrote:Why in the world would you even want to be as smooth as an automatic? Might as well just drive an automatic...
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 CX-5 GT

Post by potownrob »

ClutchFork wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 1:28 am
Any Boy Scout knows that dryer lint is great for starting campfires. By itself, but especially if you add some melted wax (old crayons) or petroleum jelly. Ya takes your empty cardboard egg carton and ya fills each egg depression with lint and then come by wid your pot of melted wax and pours it over the top. After the wax has cooled and hardened, youse can rip the carton into individual chunx of carton and lint and wax (Oh My!).
Problem is I flunked Boy Scouts. but that is a GREAT idea and I have to start working on it asap in case of power outage.
When you’re stuck starting a fire without matches nor modern tools, you quickly come up with odd materials to start that fire. That’s knot you say eye was good at starting fires without matches or lighters or cheat sticks (and/or lighter fluid), but eye still somehow turned into an eagle.
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter

Post by Rope-Pusher »

potownrob wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 12:19 pm
When you’re stuck starting a fire without matches nor modern tools, you quickly come up with odd materials to start that fire. That’s knot you say eye was good at starting fires without matches or lighters or cheat sticks (and/or lighter fluid), but eye still somehow turned into an eagle.
Bravo! You were always an Eagle, you just had to do a couple things so others would notice you were an Eagle.
ClutchFork
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2008 Fusion 2.3L manual

Post by ClutchFork »

I never made it past the first hike where some of us got so thirsty that we drank from a spring we found in Rouge Park. Who knows what was in that water.
https://www.nailhed.com/2016/02/rouge-p ... eries.html
Stick shiftin since '77
theholycow wrote:Why in the world would you even want to be as smooth as an automatic? Might as well just drive an automatic...
potownrob
Master Standardshifter

Post by potownrob »

Rope-Pusher wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 2:05 pm

Bravo! You were always an Eagle, you just had to do a couple things so others would notice you were an Eagle.
yes, once an e-gull, all ways an e-gull. the scouts was like a second family to me (note my dad moved out and later moved south so some of the leaders were like father figures to me), so if you're going to spend several years in the scouts, you might as well try to become an e-gull. there are several scouts eye knew who either didn't bother trying to make e-gull or they didn't finish their e-gull projects. that bright red life badge did look good (life is the rank before e-gull for those knot inn the know). sum even stopped at star (the rank before life). stopping at a lower rank wouldn't be too wise though, for an older scout. eye actually earned e-gull right before my 18th birthday, so eye didn't get to wear the beautiful e-gull badge on my uniform - eye had to wear the little life knot, since at 18 you become a leader (typically an assistant scoutmaster) and can't wear badges like the scouts do.
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
potownrob
Master Standardshifter

Post by potownrob »

ClutchFork wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 11:25 pm

I never made it past the first hike where some of us got so thirsty that we drank from a spring we found in Rouge Park. Who knows what was in that water.
https://www.nailhed.com/2016/02/rouge-p ... eries.html
well, your still alive, so... reminds me of a hike one of the leaders (one of the many assistant scoutmasters, but i think he was also the treasurer if memory serves me) took us on during a camping trip. this was one of those 4-7 mile hikes through woods where you have no idea where you are or where you're going, at least til you see a shopping mall down the hill at one point. eye wasn't much of a hiker on my own, but eye rode a mountain bike regularly on trails, so i had the leg and body strength to endure long hikes and keep up with the troops, despite being bigger than most of them and even some of the leaders at that point. like a lot of things in life, it pays to knot give up til you have to, and to give things a chance.
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter

Post by Rope-Pusher »

CHEVROLET - Keeping you in Suspense for Over 84 Years!

(AND THAT'S JUST SINCE THEY PRODUCED THE FILM SHOWN IN THIS VIDEO)

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ej7CRAIGXow[/youtube]
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter

Post by Rope-Pusher »

BEWARE OF GEEKS BEARING GIFTS

Full-Floating axles are a big thang with orf-roadsters, exspecially rock crawlers. When you have locking front and rear differentials, a single axle may end up transmitting all the available torque,....and when you have a lot of ratio in the trans, in the transfer case (low range) and in the final drive gearing, that can be 50 x or more the torque output of the engine crankshaft. By eliminating bending loads on the axle, you stress it less, and it is better able to survive the high torque loading conditions.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aVj7JSpSpU[/youtube]
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter

Post by Rope-Pusher »

A FILM YOU MAY NEVER HAVE SEEN!

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCtJlgtZnBY[/youtube]
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter

Post by Rope-Pusher »

THE HOOVER MANEUVER - VACUUM SHIFTING

I asked someone who lived through this era "Whatever happened to Vacuum Shifting?" ....or was it "Whatever happened to Vacuum Clutch Release?"
and was told that the systems weren't durable and technicians didn't understand them, so they were converted back to Armstrong shifting and Shanks Mare clutch release.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GB9hgWwoP-U[/youtube]
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter

Post by Rope-Pusher »

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDam51g6dBA[/youtube]

How Manual Cars Work - manual transmission gearbox

A very detailed video on the magic that occurs inside the silver box.
potownrob
Master Standardshifter

Post by potownrob »

Rope-Pusher wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 11:21 pm [youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDam51g6dBA[/youtube]

How Manual Cars Work - manual transmission gearbox

A very detailed video on the magic that occurs inside the silver box.
que chiquitin rope. too bad eye doughn't shift gears these days. halve two change the drive belt on the ole altima before eye can drive it (overheats otherwise). halve to get car inspected before eye can renew regis stration witch has bin ex pyred fore a good wile now. :?
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter

Post by Rope-Pusher »

Just to screw with physics and biology at the same time, Paint Your Vehicle "Magenta"

"There is no Wavelength of Light for Magenta"

https://www.bbc.com/reel/video/p0f00wp9 ... sn-t-exist
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter

Post by Rope-Pusher »