Sick of the Safety NAZIs

Off-topic posts, quotes of the day and anything else you just would like to vent to the world. PG-13 or below PLEASE!
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty

Re: Sick of the Safety NAZIs

Post by Rope-Pusher »

ClutchFork wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 11:33 pm Well the extenders came today and they work great. Of course the first shot at trying them out and the car was going to make a liar of me. Had to drive halfway down the block with no belt to get the chime to go off, but then plugged in the extender and it was gone. They work pretty good. Instead of plugging in the seat belt at the level of the seat, you get to plug it in at the top of your leg, so no more reaching down so far, especially helpfull if wearing heavy gloves. Only problem is getting out you instinctively reach low and take the extender out instead of the belt out of the extender. Still, love it. Will make it easy for mother-in-law to hook up.
Mother-in-Law hooking up? TMI!
'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 CX-5 GT

Post by potownrob »

in fichigan state, things differently they do :shock:
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty

Post by Rope-Pusher »

potownrob wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 4:04 am in fichigan state, things differently they do :shock:
Speaking of Witch, I went to a car show last Sunday at the Packard Proving Grounds. I saw a 1918 Dort. Made in Mint, Flichigan.
It had a 4-cylinder Lycoming engine - made all of 35 horsepressures.
The engine casting looked really strange, kinda bulbous-like around the cylinders.
Looked a lot like this similar-vintage Dodge Truck engine.
When I read some of the material displayed near the car, it said the engine had no water pump - coolant flow was by thermosiphon.
In consideration of that fact, the design of the engine made more sense - it appeared that there was maybe like a lot of coolant volume and space for fairly unrestricted rising of the coolant as it hottened-up and followed the up-hill slant of the upper radiator hose. The lower radiator hose on the Dort slanted upward from the radiator to the left side of the engine. The radiator appeared to be ample-sized. A sufficient cooling system for the power that was there, even when Dort ran some repeated climbing of long, steep grades.
https://www.dmacweb.com/menus/dortmenu.htm
'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"
ClutchFork
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2008 Fusion 2.3L manual

Post by ClutchFork »

Rope-Pusher wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 12:19 pm
ClutchFork wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 11:33 pm Well the extenders came today and they work great. Of course the first shot at trying them out and the car was going to make a liar of me. Had to drive halfway down the block with no belt to get the chime to go off, but then plugged in the extender and it was gone. They work pretty good. Instead of plugging in the seat belt at the level of the seat, you get to plug it in at the top of your leg, so no more reaching down so far, especially helpfull if wearing heavy gloves. Only problem is getting out you instinctively reach low and take the extender out instead of the belt out of the extender. Still, love it. Will make it easy for mother-in-law to hook up.
Mother-in-Law hooking up? TMI!
um, ah, well I guess I could have stated that a little better.
Stick shiftin since '77
theholycow wrote:Why in the world would you even want to be as smooth as an automatic? Might as well just drive an automatic...
ClutchFork
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2008 Fusion 2.3L manual

Post by ClutchFork »

Now that Dort is one fine machine. Look how easy to change spark plugs on it. Everything is easy to get to. Wonder if that engine will fit in my Fusion.
Stick shiftin since '77
theholycow wrote:Why in the world would you even want to be as smooth as an automatic? Might as well just drive an automatic...