Buying guide actually updated to 2021

General discussion about cars. Looking to buy a new car? Have a great driving story? Post it here!
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 CX-5 GT

Re: Buying guide actually updated to 2021

Post by potownrob »

Rope-Pusher wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:31 am "pour moi, c'est que ca ne tournait pas rond, quoi"

As Steve Martin said: " Boy, those French! They have a different word for everything."

Yanno, the Eyetalians, the Spamish and the Pairofgeese, their languishes are different, but much more similar to each other than to Franch.
eye studied all but port chew geese (end Romaine Ian, Catalan etc.) back in the day. French was in deed different. Luck kill Lee, it was won off the first once eye studied. Once eye got down the basics, the supposedly weird pronunciation made total cents to me, et alors, ca avait deja commence a tourner rond pour moi…
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
ClutchFork
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2008 Fusion 2.3L manual

Post by ClutchFork »

Rope-Pusher wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:35 am Image
I wanna know what is going on under that pallet. Through the slats I see blue sky and tree branches. What is that all about?
Stick shiftin since '77
theholycow wrote:Why in the world would you even want to be as smooth as an automatic? Might as well just drive an automatic...
potownrob
Master Standardshifter

Post by potownrob »

:twisted: 8)
ClutchFork wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:02 pm
Rope-Pusher wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:35 am Image
I wanna know what is going on under that pallet. Through the slats I see blue sky and tree branches. What is that all about?
It’s all in your head man. Crank up the Floyd!! :o
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
Standardshifter
Site Admin
Cars: 2005 Legacy GT, Buell

Post by Standardshifter »

No more manuals in the regular Civic sedans either, at least they are still in the hatch.

Only reason Subaru still has manuals in Impreza is that the current model is relatively old. Like the Forester, when it comes time in (2023?) for the new model, I doubt the manual will be available for the Impreza or Crosstrek.
-Standardshifter
Shifting the Standard of Automotive Websites
potownrob
Master Standardshifter

Post by potownrob »

Standardshifter wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:46 pm No more manuals in the regular Civic sedans either, at least they are still in the hatch.

Only reason Subaru still has manuals in Impreza is that the current model is relatively old. Like the Forester, when it comes time in (2023?) for the new model, I doubt the manual will be available for the Impreza or Crosstrek.
Wanna take bets? I bet they’ll still offer the manual, but only on won ore too modeles. They offer it on the base and sport trims now, for regular Impreza at least. May offer it on the premium trim for crostrek too; too lazy to check now. Subaru is different from Honda and the buyers are a little different, or some of them are. A Manuel shows up on the lot, the Manuel is gone.
Standardshifter
Site Admin

potownrob wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:21 pm Wanna take bets? I bet they’ll still offer the manual, but only on won ore too modeles. They offer it on the base and sport trims now, for regular Impreza at least. May offer it on the premium trim for crostrek too; too lazy to check now. Subaru is different from Honda and the buyers are a little different, or some of them are. A Manuel shows up on the lot, the Manuel is gone.
They will keep them on the WRX, BRZ, and STI...but I'll bet you when the new generation Impreza comes out, manuals on the regular Impreza and Crosstrek are gone!
-Standardshifter
potownrob
Master Standardshifter

Post by potownrob »

Standardshifter wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 4:11 pm
potownrob wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:21 pm Wanna take bets? I bet they’ll still offer the manual, but only on won ore too modeles. They offer it on the base and sport trims now, for regular Impreza at least. May offer it on the premium trim for crostrek too; too lazy to check now. Subaru is different from Honda and the buyers are a little different, or some of them are. A Manuel shows up on the lot, the Manuel is gone.
They will keep them on the WRX, BRZ, and STI...but I'll bet you when the new generation Impreza comes out, manuals on the regular Impreza and Crosstrek are gone!
do you have inside info about this? subaru, despite being mainstream and conservative in some ways, has marched to the beat of a different drum in other ways.
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty

Post by Rope-Pusher »

potownrob wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:46 am [youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHXNaYoguNU[/youtube]
subaru, despite being mainstream and conservative in some ways, has marched to the beat of a different drum in other ways.
FICKSET
'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"
potownrob
Master Standardshifter

Post by potownrob »

Rope-Pusher wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:24 am
potownrob wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:46 am [youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHXNaYoguNU[/youtube]
subaru, despite being mainstream and conservative in some ways, has marched to the beat of a different drum in other ways.
FICKSET
now dats sum heavy drummin' :shock: :arrow: :twisted:
Standardshifter
Site Admin

-Standardshifter
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter

Post by Rope-Pusher »

Standardshifter wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:15 pm
Just imagine how much better it'll be when the rest of the marching band joins with them!

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ariSnPOp4Rg[/youtube]
IMBoring25

Post by IMBoring25 »

There was a dropped stick. They apparently had spares stashed somewhere.
bk7794
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 00 Civic (Stock)

Post by bk7794 »

Standardshifter wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:46 pm No more manuals in the regular Civic sedans either, at least they are still in the hatch.

But Honda dropped the manual in the new Accord for 2019. I think there was no real difference between 18-19.

I do agree, I'd be surprised if they stick around. It'd be a shame as the crosstrek really is a unique car with a manual.
2004 Honda Accord 2.4 5 Speed
1989 Ford Taurus SHO 5 speed
potownrob
Master Standardshifter

Post by potownrob »

bk7794 wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 10:30 pm

But Honda dropped the manual in the new Accord for 2019. I think there was no real difference between 18-19.

I do agree, I'd be surprised if they stick around. It'd be a shame as the crosstrek really is a unique car with a manual.
IDK what they have planned for the next generation crosstrek/Impreza (it seams like yester day the current gen came out) but, if they bring the new (to US) little turbo engines to the next gen, it would make sense if they dropped all the Manuels. Iff they keep the 2 litter (how dare they!), eye can picture them keeping the Manuel on at least the base or sport model, since it would probably be MOAR-ore-less the same drivetrain as before. Vamos a ver entonces.
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter

Post by Rope-Pusher »

I heard that 2022 Dodge Challenger will not be available with Amish transmission any longer.