Misc Thread VI: Return of the Threadi

Off-topic posts, quotes of the day and anything else you just would like to vent to the world. PG-13 or below PLEASE!
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty

Re: Misc Thread VI: Return of the Threadi

Post by Rope-Pusher »

I saw this car, or one just like it, roll past me during the cruise last Saturday. Z-57 kit on a Gen IV Camaro.
'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 CX-5 GT

Post by potownrob »

ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter

Post by Rope-Pusher »

Went outside about an 1/2 hour before dark the other day, with the intent on mowing the lawn ( Why don't they call it lowering the Lawn? ). After 3 pumps on the primer bulb, the mower started up on the first pull, like usual. I cut a couple passes across the lawn and then it started sputtering and dying out. It would run when on the pavement, but when I tried cutting grass it stalled out. Another 3 primer pumps and it would start right back up, only to die again when I started to cut grass. I got a pair of pliers from my car so I could take the fuel hose off the nipple on the carburetor. The fuel was flowing strongly through the hose, so I reconnected the hose, restarted the "Lowerer", and gave one more try at cutting the grass, which again resulted in the engine dying out. It was getting to be too dark to fart with it any more, so I put the "Lowerer" away for the evening.

After dinner the next day, I gat a wrench and unscrewed the bolt / main jet from the bottom of the carb fuel float bowl. When I looked into the float bowl it was surprisingly clean inside, but I thought I saw a blob of water at the bottom of the fuel puddle. As the fuel ran out the hole in the bottom of the bowl, it became clear that what I saw wasn't a drop of water, but 2 thin, slightly dished metal disks, one atop the other. Oh Emgee. They were scrap from stamping out the holes in the bottom of float bowls....they had been in there since the carb was manufactured,.....which was when the motor was manufactured for this 2002 "Lowerer". I'm stinkin' that by chants they had ended up stacked together in a location that kept the fuel float from dropping when the float bowl was emptied as the engine throttle opened up to provide extra power for mowing the tall grass. I put things back as I had found them, but minus the 2 metal disks. The mower started again on the first pull after 3 primer bulb pumps, but now it had no problems continuing to run as it lowered the tall grass. Could it possibly be that the disks had been in there all those years and never caused trouble before?
Columbia! (as the Mexicans say).
watkins
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Saab 9-5 Aero wagon

Post by watkins »

It's a pickle pizza for breakfast kind of day
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter

Post by Rope-Pusher »

Man Whatley, now ya gone and done it. Ya got me hungry for a pickle pizza....and there's a place not too far from home with 1/2 off pizza on Thursdays.
potownrob
Master Standardshifter

Post by potownrob »

did sum buddy say Pete Zaa??

eye like pizza :o
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
potownrob
Master Standardshifter

Post by potownrob »

Rope-Pusher wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:17 am Man Whatley, now ya gone and done it. Ya got me hungry for a pickle pizza....and there's a place not too far from home with 1/2 off pizza on Thursdays.
let’s go!!
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter

Post by Rope-Pusher »

From J's Penalty Box in Sunny Ferndale Michigan

Dill Pickle Pizza:
Garlic Butter, Mozzarella, Provolone, Polish Dill Slices, Parmesan and Fresh Dill
watkins
Master Standardshifter

Post by watkins »

Needs bacon! Sweet and fatty helps balance the tangy
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter

Post by Rope-Pusher »

watkins wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:27 am Needs bacon! Sweet and fatty helps balance the tangy
Aisle keep that in mined. It didn't happen this week - needed more notice to coordinate meal plans with my son's household also.

We're on for this coming Thursday.
potownrob
Master Standardshifter

Post by potownrob »

Rope-Pusher wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:26 am From J's Penalty Box in Sunny Ferndale Michigan

Dill Pickle Pizza:
Garlic Butter, Mozzarella, Provolone, Polish Dill Slices, Parmesan and Fresh Dill
as an upstate new yorker, eye concur w/ watkins that bacon would improve the overall flavor. eye'm not shore how i feel aboot the gahlic butter though. eye fought that was something domino's did to cover up cardboardy crust (eye like domino's but not everything about them), knot a reel pizza shop. may bee it's a detroit thing though??
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter

Post by Rope-Pusher »

potownrob wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:01 am
Rope-Pusher wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:26 am From J's Penalty Box in Sunny Ferndale Michigan

Dill Pickle Pizza:
as an upstate new yorker, eye concur w/ watkins that bacon would improve the overall flavor. eye'm not shore how i feel aboot the gahlic butter though. eye fought that was something domino's did to cover up cardboardy crust (eye like domino's but not everything about them), knot a reel pizza shop. may bee it's a detroit thing though??
Will find out how it is this Thursday.
I'm gonna try it "as-is" - we can always add bacon another time. Everyone knows everything is better when you add bacon. The LT sammich was goin' nowhere before they added bacon. -n-eggs was about to get kicked off the breakfast menu at diners across the country before they added bacon.
Kevin wasn't thought of as much of an actor until he added Bacon. Now, he's earned awards for his acting and many, many people claim to be within 6 degrees of connectivity with him.
watkins
Master Standardshifter

Post by watkins »

Rope-Pusher wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:33 am The LT sammich was goin' nowhere before they added bacon.
Even the BLT has been improved upon! The LGBT is even better. Adding chunky and spicy guacamole to the mix is brilliant
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter

Post by Rope-Pusher »

watkins wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:28 am
Rope-Pusher wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:33 am The LT sammich was goin' nowhere before they added bacon.
Even the BLT has been improved upon! The LGBT is even better. Adding chunky and spicy guacamole to the mix is brilliant
Just as long as they don't insist on adding Quail eggs.....not that some people might like that, but it's just not for me.
watkins
Master Standardshifter

Post by watkins »

Rope-Pusher wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:34 am
watkins wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:28 am
Just as long as they don't insist on adding Quail eggs.....not that some people might like that, but it's just not for me.
Queso could be good...