Hi Again

Just sign up? Feel free to tell your fellow Standardshifters about yourself, your car or anything else.
jomotopia
Cars: 04 STi, 05 Matrix XR (AT)

Hi Again

Post by jomotopia »

Wow, how time does fly.

Not exactly a New Member lol. I realize I'm cross posting (http://standardshift.com/forum/viewtopi ... =2&t=20339), but hey I'm technically still a Mod around here, so :P

I just wanted to drop in because I've started doing Autocross and DAMN is it fun. So I thought I would share my video from my second event.

https://youtu.be/Gb-dd7cUqpk

Here's the local forum thread about the event: http://forum.atlantascca.com/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=7661

I am totally hooked. I need new tires, helmet, numbers, and whatever else I can think of.

If any of you guys are in the Atlanta area, you really should come out to an event. It's a day, but it's a DAMN GOOD day. It's right across from Road Atlanta too so you get to hear all kinds of sweet sounds coming from all directions all day long.
2013 Subaru Impreza WRX in Orange
watkins
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Saab 9-5 Aero wagon

Re: Hi Again

Post by watkins »

Damn! Welcome back
AHTOXA
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '19 4RUNNER TRD ORP

Post by AHTOXA »

Welcome back.

There's hardly anyone left here though. It's pretty much just Rope posting all the time, that's it. I hardly even show up there any more.
'19 Toyota 4Runner TRD ORP
'12 Suzuki V-Strom 650
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty

Post by Rope-Pusher »

It got to be so crowded that nobody goes there anymore.
'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 CX-5 GT

Post by potownrob »

AHTOXA wrote:Welcome back.

There's hardly anyone left here though. It's pretty much just Rope posting all the time, that's it. I hardly even show up there any more.
speak for yourself, tone-bone. :P there are a few of us (besides RP) on here fairly regularly. eye haven't even driven a manual in almost a year and eye'm still in here. :shock: welcome back jomo. time to update the old car profile. :D
Last edited by potownrob on Fri May 12, 2017 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
potownrob
Master Standardshifter

Post by potownrob »

Rope-Pusher wrote:It got to be so crowded that nobody goes there anymore.
:lol: 8) :lol: 8) :lol: :twisted: :lol: 8) :lol: 8) :lol:
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
watkins
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Saab 9-5 Aero wagon

Post by watkins »

AHTOXA wrote:There's hardly anyone left here though. It's pretty much just Rope posting all the time, that's it. I hardly even show up there any more.
I check in almost daily. The conversation has diminished significantly though, so I dont contribute much myself. I miss the days of having half a dozen new pages of Misc Thread every day
AHTOXA
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '19 4RUNNER TRD ORP

Post by AHTOXA »

potownrob wrote:

speak for yourself, tone-bone. :P there are a few of us (besides RP) on here fairly regularly. eye haven't even driven a manual in almost a year and eye'm still in here. :shock: welcome back jomo. time to update the old car profile. :D
OK, OK, it's you, Watkins and Rope for the most part.
'19 Toyota 4Runner TRD ORP
'12 Suzuki V-Strom 650
potownrob
Master Standardshifter

Post by potownrob »

AHTOXA wrote:
potownrob wrote:

OK, OK, it's you, Watkins and Rope for the most part.
don't forget about tank (in a can of beans??), bk and inlinepaul :D :lol: 8)
this place is definitely dead compared to back in the day though. :shock: :cry: :evil:
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter

Post by Rope-Pusher »

From a few minutes ago:

"In total there are 41 users online :: 2 registered, 0 hidden and 39 guests (based on users active over the past 4 minutes)
Most users ever online was 170 on Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:18 pm"

What was going on June 28, 2007 at 3:18 pm? Free Money?
potownrob
Master Standardshifter

Post by potownrob »

Rope-Pusher wrote:From a few minutes ago:

"In total there are 41 users online :: 2 registered, 0 hidden and 39 guests (based on users active over the past 4 minutes)
Most users ever online was 170 on Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:18 pm"

What was going on June 28, 2007 at 3:18 pm? Free Money?
that was back in the day. back when the SS was busy even overnight. back in the good ol' days. :)
Teamwork
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: 2015 VW GTI

Post by Teamwork »

In 2007 I was just entering college and my '95 Corolla probably didn't even break 100k on the odometer yet. :mrgreen:
potownrob
Master Standardshifter

Post by potownrob »

Teamwork wrote:In 2007 I was just entering college and my '95 Corolla probably didn't even break 100k on the odometer yet. :mrgreen:
to be young...eye was rocking a 98 maxima with a recently replaced clutch. had that car for the longest of all my cars (5 years). was working the hotel back then and also at another hotel part time. SS meats were but a twinkle in our imaginations back then (first one was at the end of 2007 on LI, and first bigger meat in WV was in 2008) eye weep for the future... :cry: 8)

Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter

Post by Rope-Pusher »

When the age of the Vikings came to a close, they must have sensed it.
Probably, they gathered together one evening, slapped each other on the back
and said, "Hey, good job." -- Deep Thoughts, by Jack Handey
Teamwork
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: 2015 VW GTI

Post by Teamwork »

potownrob wrote:
Teamwork wrote:In 2007 I was just entering college and my '95 Corolla probably didn't even break 100k on the odometer yet. :mrgreen:
to be young...eye was rocking a 98 maxima with a recently replaced clutch. had that car for the longest of all my cars (5 years). was working the hotel back then and also at another hotel part time. SS meats were but a twinkle in our imaginations back then (first one was at the end of 2007 on LI, and first bigger meat in WV was in 2008) eye weep for the future... :cry: 8)

Interesting you guys had a SS meet on LI? What part? I miss the old school Maxima's from the middle/late 90's I probably would've pursued trying to find one of those if I didn't get pushed into a Toyota. At the time I remember I was pretty much between buying my grandparents Corolla or my neighbors Saturn SL2 which was two years newer (1997). I probably would've really ended up liking either vehicle honestly haha but the Corolla was faithful for many years and about 100k.