New headlight suggestions

What to do to keep your car looking and running like new, inside and out.
User avatar
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Posts: 7327
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2005 11:35 pm
Cars: '16 Golf; '07 Altima
Location: Dutchess County

Re: New headlight suggestions

Post by potownrob » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:23 pm

they had the OEM phillips bulbs from the motherland. similar brightness, slightly different color :)
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.

User avatar
bk7794
Master Standardshifter
Posts: 1520
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:16 am
Cars: 00 Civic (Stock)
Location: Central CT

Re: New headlight suggestions

Post by bk7794 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:26 pm

potownrob wrote:they had the OEM phillips bulbs from the motherland. similar brightness, slightly different color :)
I think I have those lights in my civic. Pretty decent.
2000 Honda Civic EX 5 Speed
Volvo S60R 6 Speed - Sold

User avatar
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Posts: 7327
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2005 11:35 pm
Cars: '16 Golf; '07 Altima
Location: Dutchess County

Re: New headlight suggestions

Post by potownrob » Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:12 pm

Should last more than a year though, unless they always had their lights on...
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.

User avatar
bk7794
Master Standardshifter
Posts: 1520
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:16 am
Cars: 00 Civic (Stock)
Location: Central CT

Re: New headlight suggestions

Post by bk7794 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:12 pm

potownrob wrote:Should last more than a year though, unless they always had their lights on...
Could have been that they were defective. Its brand new isn't it?
2000 Honda Civic EX 5 Speed
Volvo S60R 6 Speed - Sold

User avatar
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Posts: 7327
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2005 11:35 pm
Cars: '16 Golf; '07 Altima
Location: Dutchess County

Re: New headlight suggestions

Post by potownrob » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:30 pm

bk7794 wrote:
potownrob wrote:Should last more than a year though, unless they always had their lights on...
Could have been that they were defective. Its brand new isn't it?
the car is a year old (registered first in 9/11 and picked up by the dealer here in 9/12).
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.

User avatar
bk7794
Master Standardshifter
Posts: 1520
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:16 am
Cars: 00 Civic (Stock)
Location: Central CT

Re: New headlight suggestions

Post by bk7794 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:49 pm

potownrob wrote:
bk7794 wrote:
potownrob wrote:Should last more than a year though, unless they always had their lights on...
Could have been that they were defective. Its brand new isn't it?
the car is a year old (registered first in 9/11 and picked up by the dealer here in 9/12).
Pics? Videos, I am wating for it in the members car area.

Anyone ever try silverstar reverse lights?
2000 Honda Civic EX 5 Speed
Volvo S60R 6 Speed - Sold

User avatar
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Posts: 7327
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2005 11:35 pm
Cars: '16 Golf; '07 Altima
Location: Dutchess County

Re: New headlight suggestions

Post by potownrob » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:54 am

bk7794 wrote: Pics? Videos, I am wating for it in the members car area.

Anyone ever try silverstar reverse lights?
i assume you mean pics of the car (and not an ugly headlight shot)...never tried silverstar reverse lights and would be afraid to blind people behind me with it. silverstar headlights are indeed bright though (have them in the subaru). here's a pic of the new whip:

Image
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.

User avatar
bk7794
Master Standardshifter
Posts: 1520
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:16 am
Cars: 00 Civic (Stock)
Location: Central CT

Re: New headlight suggestions

Post by bk7794 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:49 pm

potownrob wrote:
bk7794 wrote: Pics? Videos, I am wating for it in the members car area.

Anyone ever try silverstar reverse lights?
i assume you mean pics of the car (and not an ugly headlight shot)...never tried silverstar reverse lights and would be afraid to blind people behind me with it. silverstar headlights are indeed bright though (have them in the subaru). here's a pic of the new whip:

Image
The Car looks great! Good job!
2000 Honda Civic EX 5 Speed
Volvo S60R 6 Speed - Sold

User avatar
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Posts: 7327
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2005 11:35 pm
Cars: '16 Golf; '07 Altima
Location: Dutchess County

Re: New headlight suggestions

Post by potownrob » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:02 pm

thanks.
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.

User avatar
Shadow
Master Standardshifter
Posts: 3341
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:51 am
Location: New York

Re: New headlight suggestions

Post by Shadow » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:45 pm

I really like that current body style. Looks a lot like the A4, minus some of the bling.
Image

User avatar
bk7794
Master Standardshifter
Posts: 1520
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:16 am
Cars: 00 Civic (Stock)
Location: Central CT

Re: New headlight suggestions

Post by bk7794 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:58 pm

Shadow wrote:I really like that current body style. Looks a lot like the A4, minus some of the bling.
one thing I like about Audi is the flat nose they have.
Image

They are making some good looking cars.
2000 Honda Civic EX 5 Speed
Volvo S60R 6 Speed - Sold

User avatar
bk7794
Master Standardshifter
Posts: 1520
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:16 am
Cars: 00 Civic (Stock)
Location: Central CT

Re: New headlight suggestions

Post by bk7794 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:20 am

Seems like they are after audi on this technology

Also I made a double post for a reason, two different topics...
2000 Honda Civic EX 5 Speed
Volvo S60R 6 Speed - Sold

User avatar
Shadow
Master Standardshifter
Posts: 3341
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:51 am
Location: New York

Re: New headlight suggestions

Post by Shadow » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:25 am

bk7794 wrote:
Shadow wrote:I really like that current body style. Looks a lot like the A4, minus some of the bling.
one thing I like about Audi is the flat nose they have.
Image

They are making some good looking cars.
Yup, this isn't the best angle, but you can clearly see the flat nose on my car too:

Image
Image

User avatar
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Posts: 7327
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2005 11:35 pm
Cars: '16 Golf; '07 Altima
Location: Dutchess County

Re: New headlight suggestions

Post by potownrob » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:17 am

Shadow wrote:I really like that current body style. Looks a lot like the A4, minus some of the bling.
yeah, it definitely is more classy and reminiscent of the audis and other cool euro designs. i doubt it's anywheres as nice inside as an audi though, though it does look nice inside...
Image
Image
*mine doesn't have the leather steering wheel w/ audio controls, but otherwise almost the same
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.

Post Reply