Newest Noob

Just sign up? Feel free to tell your fellow Standardshifters about yourself, your car or anything else.
RITmusic2k
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2004 BMW 330i ZHP

Re: Newest Noob

Post by RITmusic2k »

wantizon wrote:How much did you get it for if you don't mind me asking? I'd kill to find a clean 330i. Also is there any differences in performance from the E46's from year to year?
Mine was purchased with 74k mi on it; she listed for $15,500 and I talked them down to $14,700. That number might sound a little high, but I bought this thing in SoCal... in wealthy Newport Beach, no less, so prices will be a little inflated as compared to other parts of the country. She also commanded a slightly higher price for being a ZHP.

As far as performance goes, as long as you're only looking at 330s (and not 328s from 1999-2000), then they all have the same engine. In 2002 there was a mid-run facelift, so the cars will look cosmetically different, but that's about it. Also, all non-ZHP 330s from 2001-2004 had 5-speed manual transmissions, but in 2005 the 6-speed became available.
wantizon
Junior Standardshifter

Re: Newest Noob

Post by wantizon »

RITmusic2k wrote:
wantizon wrote:How much did you get it for if you don't mind me asking? I'd kill to find a clean 330i. Also is there any differences in performance from the E46's from year to year?
Mine was purchased with 74k mi on it; she listed for $15,500 and I talked them down to $14,700. That number might sound a little high, but I bought this thing in SoCal... in wealthy Newport Beach, no less, so prices will be a little inflated as compared to other parts of the country. She also commanded a slightly higher price for being a ZHP.

As far as performance goes, as long as you're only looking at 330s (and not 328s from 1999-2000), then they all have the same engine. In 2002 there was a mid-run facelift, so the cars will look cosmetically different, but that's about it. Also, all non-ZHP 330s from 2001-2004 had 5-speed manual transmissions, but in 2005 the 6-speed became available.
that's a really awesome deal! i really like the style of all the e46's, not a fan of the convertibles though.

Hopefully I can talk the dealer down too if I offer him cash or at least I hope so. The only reason's holding me back from the 330ci is that I do have 2 kids. There is space for 3 adults and I'm hoping it won't be too annoying folding the chair when we do go out. And another reason is the rear-wheel drive in northeast U.S. but with good snow tires I should be fine, I don't live in a hilly area and traction/stability control should make life easier...I wish I was in SoCal though :lol: