Longtime Lurker, finally making an account

Just sign up? Feel free to tell your fellow Standardshifters about yourself, your car or anything else.
watkins
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Saab 9-5 Aero wagon

Re: Longtime Lurker, finally making an account

Post by watkins »

Sarcasm mostly. I understand tight trunks though. My last car was a convertible.

Cavaliers can only be looked cool in when one has a madd tyte pimpin JDM, yo body kit on it.
AHTOXA
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '19 4RUNNER TRD ORP

Post by AHTOXA »

watkins wrote:I understand tight trunks though.
Sounds like you need to go up a size, fatty.
'19 Toyota 4Runner TRD ORP
'12 Suzuki V-Strom 650
eggwich delfiero
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: Mustang GT

Post by eggwich delfiero »

Wow, nice car! And welcome.

I love the color. I hate to be that guy who tells other people how to own their car, but I hope you don't do any exterior mods, it looks really good as is. Love the hips on the new Camaros.

I didn't see any problem with the Camaro's interior, either. It's not a luxury car. I feel like soft touch plastics and other minor points get too much attention on the internet because they are mentioned in car reviews. If the features of the car were written about in relation to their importance to the driving experience, a Camaro review would be six pages about the engine and two paragraphs about the interior. Are the ergonomics good? Then it's a good interior in my book. (And since your steering wheel telescopes, it's pretty likely the ergonomics are good.)

And fwiw, I don't like the rears on the new Mustangs either. The black diaper and rocker panels just look like a fat girl wearing tight jeans. So the car's kind of bloaty; who cares? Trying to hide it in black trim just looks sad. (And to be fairl I don't really like the rear diffuser on the Camaro, either, but at least that's functional. :lol: )
theholycow
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '80 Buick LeSabre 4.1 5MT

Post by theholycow »

eggwich delfiero wrote:Are the ergonomics good? Then it's a good interior in my book.
Word.
look like a fat girl wearing tight jeans.
Sounds good to me.
1980 Buick LeSabre 4.1L 5MT

Put your car in your sig!

Learn to launch/FAQs/lugging/misused terms: meta-sig
watkins wrote:Humans have rear-biased AWD. Cows have 4WD
watkins
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Saab 9-5 Aero wagon

Post by watkins »

theholycow wrote:
eggwich delfiero wrote:look like a fat girl wearing tight jeans.
Sounds good to me.
Oh yeah?

I apologize for any blindness, temporary or permanent, as a result of the picture
AHTOXA
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '19 4RUNNER TRD ORP

Post by AHTOXA »

OP, post more pics of Camaro before I DO go blind!

Must...watch...phat chicks...thread.
'19 Toyota 4Runner TRD ORP
'12 Suzuki V-Strom 650
comingbackdown
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 99 Ram 2500, 86 Ford LTD

Post by comingbackdown »

watkins wrote:
theholycow wrote:
Sounds good to me.
Oh yeah?

*image snipped for your convenience*
I apologize for any blindness, temporary or permanent, as a result of the picture
...*E-FALCON PUUUUUUNCH!*
1999 Ram 2500 4x4 360, 1986 Ford LTD 3.8L, 1983 Yamaha Venture Royale 1200
theholycow
Master Standardshifter

Post by theholycow »

watkins wrote:
theholycow wrote:
Sounds good to me.
Oh yeah?

[img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_ohbhyojMc1A/R ... ty.jpg[img]

That's not a fat girl, that's an elephant. You don't fool me. I know a large grey pachyderm when I see one.

FDSpirit
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2000 Honda Civic Si

Post by FDSpirit »

^ What the...:lol: . Welcome to the site! Nice car :D
2000 Honda Civic Si- Slightly faster than your grandmomma's grocery getter......slightly.
beowulf80
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: 2010 2SS Camaro

Post by beowulf80 »

eggwich delfiero wrote:Wow, nice car! And welcome.

I love the color. I hate to be that guy who tells other people how to own their car, but I hope you don't do any exterior mods, it looks really good as is. Love the hips on the new Camaros.

I didn't see any problem with the Camaro's interior, either. It's not a luxury car. I feel like soft touch plastics and other minor points get too much attention on the internet because they are mentioned in car reviews. If the features of the car were written about in relation to their importance to the driving experience, a Camaro review would be six pages about the engine and two paragraphs about the interior. Are the ergonomics good? Then it's a good interior in my book. (And since your steering wheel telescopes, it's pretty likely the ergonomics are good.)

And fwiw, I don't like the rears on the new Mustangs either. The black diaper and rocker panels just look like a fat girl wearing tight jeans. So the car's kind of bloaty; who cares? Trying to hide it in black trim just looks sad. (And to be fairl I don't really like the rear diffuser on the Camaro, either, but at least that's functional. :lol: )
My first plan was to replace the front and rear fascias with a fiberglass ones that don't fit up very well. I was then going to paint them in primer and leave it like that for approx. 5 years. Then, since this is a RWD car I was going to put a stainless steel double wing on top of the hood. Next would be the vertical lambo doors. Then I'd cover the windows with stickers. With all the glass I have it should take about 3 stickers to do the whole car. Probably NOS, Koni, and V-TEC. Finally I was going to replace the Chevy bowtie with a GT-R emblem.

Seriously, just kidding. That would be criminal. No plans on doing any exterior mods, I'd rather spend the money under the hood. I liked the the GM ground effects kit for the car, but not nearly enough to pay for it. Its realatively subtle, and improves that rear diffuser. But again not that important to me. Some people have done some mods that look good, but mostly they make me cry a little. I might ask for an aluminum billet bowtie for the front/rear to give the family something to buy for my b-day.

FWIW, I do like Mustangs, I just don't like the rear end of the latest body style. And that picture was just wrong. Not even the Mustang deserves that. =]

I'm also very disappointed in you guys. I can't believe no one picked up on the big stick and little trunk. I left that one out there like a hanging breaking ball. I was sure I'd at least get a "That's what she said!"
theholycow
Master Standardshifter

Post by theholycow »

beowulf80 wrote:My first plan was to replace the front and rear fascias with a fiberglass ones that don't fit up very well. I was then going to paint them in primer and leave it like that for approx. 5 years. Then, since this is a RWD car I was going to put a stainless steel double wing on top of the hood.
Thanks a lot, I just choked on my water.
I'm also very disappointed in you guys. I can't believe no one picked up on the big stick and little trunk. I left that one out there like a hanging breaking ball. I was sure I'd at least get a "That's what she said!"
I was chewing on the idea of saying something about a tight trunk but I couldn't make it work.

beowulf80
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: 2010 2SS Camaro

Post by beowulf80 »

FDSpirit
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2000 Honda Civic Si

Post by FDSpirit »

^ megarofl
2000 Honda Civic Si- Slightly faster than your grandmomma's grocery getter......slightly.
94Corolla5Speed
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 1994 Corolla, 1990 Miata

Post by 94Corolla5Speed »

I think you'll fit in quite well here.
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 CX-5 GT

Post by potownrob »

Hey Beowulf, welcome to the SS :!: :D
I really hope you can make it to the meet this year - you could caravan down there with Tony :mrgreen: :twisted:
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.