*NYC Members!*

NonChalant
Master Standardshifter

Post by NonChalant »

Hooters looks good :)

Meadowbrook isn't a toll road. There aren't really any toll roads that I know of in NYC and long island. Just bridges and tunnels that have tolls.
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 CX-5 GT

Post by potownrob »

Johnf514 wrote:Must be the wings. :wink:

Just letting everyone know - I canceled my reservation in East Orange, NJ. Did a little research - violent crime rates are 3x the national average, and property crime rates are 4.5x. Yikes. :|
haha reminds me of when newark airport (EWR) put us up in some dumpy 70's looking hotel along the highway in east orange when we got snowed in back during the snowstorms after xmas '01. we were hoping they'd let us stay at one of the nice hotels near the airport, but i guess we shouldn't be complaining about what we weren't paying for.
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
DrNick
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: 07 Ford Fusion SEL V6

Post by DrNick »

Can't say off the top of my head, but there's a whole lot of restaurants along Old Country Road (Exit M1 on the Meadowbrook) or in Hicksville (exit 35N/35S on the Northern State).

Hooters works, too. :wink:
buster
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: 2010 Prius

Post by buster »

Though I'm not joining the meet, I know that area really well, so maybe I can help out with a meeting place.

Hooters on Hempstead, right off the Meadowbrook is okay. There are also a bunch of restaurants nearby on Merrick, including Fridays & Bertuccis. A couple of blocks away from those, by the Source Mall is Cozymels, Chilis, and Macaroni Grill. Inside the Source Mall is Dave and Busters, PF Changs, and Cheesecake Factory. Finally, Famous Dave's is a minute drive from the Source Mall (right across the street from Target). Lots of choices over there.

If you want to meet in Farmingdale, I definitely would recommend meeting at Airport Plaza on Rte110. There is a Dave and Busters and Applebee's, and a Chinese Buffet. D&B would be a great place to hang out, and the parking lot is huge (good for pictures!).

Good luck with the meet guys. Wish I could make it.
"and Leon's getting laaaarrrrgggggeeeerrrr"
Johnf514
Cars: '07 Mazda3, '06 Ninja 636

Post by Johnf514 »

We'll miss you buster! Thanks for the rundown of restaurants in the area, it's nice to know we have some options.

Sounds like Hooters is OK with everyone (isn't that amazing? :wink:) and it's close to the road too. I figure with can meet up around noon on December 20th for lunch, eat, look at everyone's car, then take a ride out to the beach. Hopefully we'll have nice weather and can drive without too much traffic.

How does this sound to everyone?
2007 Mazda3
Mods: 15% tint, Eibach ProKit
2006 Ninja 636
Mods: NOS & sidecar
NonChalant
Master Standardshifter

Post by NonChalant »

Fine by me =)
potownrob
Master Standardshifter

Post by potownrob »

sounds good to me :)
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
Johnf514
Cars: '07 Mazda3, '06 Ninja 636

Post by Johnf514 »

OK folks - I am off to my trip to NYC! I have given out my cell phone # to everyone who was in the thread, and have some of yours as well. I will call everyone that I have on Thursday morning to make sure we can all still meet up. If you need to get in touch with me, please use my email listed in my profile. Thank you - looking forward to it! :D
2007 Mazda3
Mods: 15% tint, Eibach ProKit
2006 Ninja 636
Mods: NOS & sidecar
MustangFan424
Senior Standardshifter

Post by MustangFan424 »

I wish I can go..Next april i will be able to get my Learners Permit and fianlly drive but with someone 21 or over with a drivers licence but thats ok. I will go to drivers ed and get my DL at 17 1 year early.
-Phil
potownrob
Master Standardshifter

Post by potownrob »

Johnf514 wrote:OK folks - I am off to my trip to NYC! I have given out my cell phone # to everyone who was in the thread, and have some of yours as well. I will call everyone that I have on Thursday morning to make sure we can all still meet up. If you need to get in touch with me, please use my email listed in my profile. Thank you - looking forward to it! :D
don't forget to bring your thermal underwear, longjohns, winter coat, gloves, scarf, ice pick and fishing spear :lol:
NjSi
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: 2007 Civic Si (FG2)

Post by NjSi »

potownrob wrote:
Johnf514 wrote:OK folks - I am off to my trip to NYC! I have given out my cell phone # to everyone who was in the thread, and have some of yours as well. I will call everyone that I have on Thursday morning to make sure we can all still meet up. If you need to get in touch with me, please use my email listed in my profile. Thank you - looking forward to it! :D
don't forget to bring your thermal underwear, longjohns, winter coat, gloves, scarf, ice pick and fishing spear :lol:
+Snow Tires, Tire Chains, A stuffed rino, a hippo and a blowgun...
watkins
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Saab 9-5 Aero wagon

Post by watkins »

NjSi wrote:
potownrob wrote:
Youll be fine without a hippo if you cant find one. Its just to be on the safe side.
Warner
Master Standardshifter

Post by Warner »

watkins wrote:
NjSi wrote:
potownrob wrote: don't forget to bring your thermal underwear, longjohns, winter coat, gloves, scarf, ice pick and fishing spear :lol:
Youll be fine without a hippo if you cant find one. Its just to be on the safe side.
Based on previous posts, I'll assume this obvious fallacy was a mere typographical error. What watkins actually meant to say was that you'll be okay without the stuffed rhino; do not leave home without the hippo.
wannabe
Master Standardshifter
Cars: NONE - take the bus

Post by wannabe »

what're the hippo and rhino gonna do...push u up icy hills? or be weight in the trunk so u don't spin out (or whatever reason u put heavy stuff in the trunk...)
2003 Chrysler town and country

Crafting and stuff
potownrob
Master Standardshifter

Post by potownrob »

so who's all coming to the meet tomorrow? :D