Misc Thread VI: Return of the Threadi

Off-topic posts, quotes of the day and anything else you just would like to vent to the world. PG-13 or below PLEASE!
ClutchFork
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2008 Fusion 2.3L manual

Re: Misc Thread VI: Return of the Threadi

Post by ClutchFork »

watkins wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:39 pm School bus roofs are extremely strong because they're designed to survive rollovers. That also means it can/will survive me putting a roof deck and some solar panels on it.
Nice for motor home conversion, but stupid for school bus because while the bus can survive roll overs, the kids maybe can't since they don't require or have seatbelts in school buses.
Stick shiftin since '77
theholycow wrote:Why in the world would you even want to be as smooth as an automatic? Might as well just drive an automatic...
tankinbeans
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 17 Mazda6 To, 18 Mazda3 i

Post by tankinbeans »

ClutchFork wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:31 am
watkins wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:39 pm School bus roofs are extremely strong because they're designed to survive rollovers. That also means it can/will survive me putting a roof deck and some solar panels on it.
Nice for motor home conversion, but stupid for school bus because while the bus can survive roll overs, the kids maybe can't since they don't require or have seatbelts in school buses.
But when they're in school they're made of rubber and magic, or p*ss and vinegar.
17 Mazda6 Touring
18 Mazda3 iSport
InlinePaul wrote:The driving force of new fangled features to sell more cars [is to] cater to the masses' abject laziness!
AHTOXA
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '19 4RUNNER TRD ORP

Post by AHTOXA »

watkins wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:39 pm
ClutchFork wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:54 pm I suspect there is a lot of integrity to the roof of a bus.
School bus roofs are extremely strong because they're designed to survive rollovers. That also means it can/will survive me putting a roof deck and some solar panels on it.
Does that apply to school buses only with the intent to kill the other plebs in a rollover during, say, a work commute?
'19 Toyota 4Runner TRD ORP
'12 Suzuki V-Strom 650
wannabe87
Junior Standardshifter

Post by wannabe87 »

Can someone explain all these RWD challengers that go out in ice and snow?

During our polar vortex, Monday my neighbor took third out and got stuck in the road for a week, and got a parking ticket.

I’ve had multiple aaa calls for challengers. This one is a winch on icy roads. https://www.instagram.com/p/BtxXUquAXHy ... 19vckzgxri Here’s the current radar....
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 CX-5 GT

Post by potownrob »

AHTOXA wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:51 pm
watkins wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:39 pm
ClutchFork wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:54 pm I suspect there is a lot of integrity to the roof of a bus.
School bus roofs are extremely strong because they're designed to survive rollovers. That also means it can/will survive me putting a roof deck and some solar panels on it.
Does that apply to school buses only with the intent to kill the other plebs in a rollover during, say, a work commute?
even i've had the urge to shoot out some slowly rolling bus tires on the way to work, but i'd never in a million years wish to see a bus carrying little kids flip over... :o :? :( :evil: :wink: :lol: :mrgreen: :twisted:
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
potownrob
Master Standardshifter

Post by potownrob »

wannabe87 wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:15 am Can someone explain all these RWD challengers that go out in ice and snow?

During our polar vortex, Monday my neighbor took third out and got stuck in the road for a week, and got a parking ticket.

I’ve had multiple aaa calls for challengers. This one is a winch on icy roads. https://www.instagram.com/p/BtxXUquAXHy ... 19vckzgxri Here’s the current radar....
not sure if there's a solid correlation, but i had a coworker who thought their ~2015 camaro was FWD... :? :evil: :oops: :lol:
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
wannabe87
Junior Standardshifter

Post by wannabe87 »

potownrob wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:19 am
wannabe87 wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:15 am Can someone explain all these RWD challengers that go out in ice and snow?

not sure if there's a solid correlation, but i had a coworker who thought their ~2015 camaro was FWD... :? :evil: :oops: :lol:
My coworker has a mustang but also an suv for winter....
wannabe87
Junior Standardshifter

Post by wannabe87 »

And now for Milwaukee, a Nissan 370z
potownrob
Master Standardshifter

Post by potownrob »

wannabe87 wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:53 am

not the best cars for driving in a winter wonderland without snow tires...
wannabe87
Junior Standardshifter

Post by wannabe87 »

potownrob wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:22 am

Even with snow tires....the 370z was in the ditch.

Got home to find my neighbors challenger in the road again
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty

Post by Rope-Pusher »

wannabe87 wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:14 pm
potownrob wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:22 am

Even with snow tires....the 370z was in the ditch.

Got home to find my neighbors challenger in the road again
Challenge her to get an AWD Challenger!

...and put some winter tires on it.
'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"
tankinbeans
Master Standardshifter

Post by tankinbeans »

I'd rock an amish AWD Challenger with Manuel.

Give me a loud MOPAR colour, like acid green.
17 Mazda6 Touring
18 Mazda3 iSport
InlinePaul wrote:The driving force of new fangled features to sell more cars [is to] cater to the masses' abject laziness!
watkins
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Saab 9-5 Aero wagon

Post by watkins »

tankinbeans wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:25 pm I'd rock an amish AWD Challenger with Manuel.
No such beast. The Challenger GT is PentaStar/eight speed only and sits like a truck.
tankinbeans
Master Standardshifter

Post by tankinbeans »

Were it to exist, I would rock it. The ZF is nice enough, shifts quickly, but I'm just not into it.

As it is a Challenger GT with AWD is out of my price range, at least until I can kill off some more negative equity. I've yet to come up with a compelling reason to get out of Malcolm though. That is unless the CX-4 comes over here, is offered with a manual (not likely), and is available with a color.

Currently, I'm eyeing the Mazda3 hatch which can be had with AWD and possibly a manual. That said, I'm 3/8 done with the lease and am not jumping. Learned that lesson...finally.
17 Mazda6 Touring
18 Mazda3 iSport
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty

Post by Rope-Pusher »

tankinbeans wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:01 pm Were it to exist, I would rock it. The ZF is nice enough, shifts quickly, but I'm just not into it.

As it is a Challenger GT with AWD is out of my price range, at least until I can kill off some more negative equity. I've yet to come up with a compelling reason to get out of Malcolm though. That is unless the CX-4 comes over here, is offered with a manual (not likely), and is available with a color.

Currently, I'm eyeing the Mazda3 hatch which can be had with AWD and possibly a manual. That said, I'm 3/8 done with the lease and am not jumping. Learned that lesson...finally.
Nissan Canada president banks on AWD in declining sedan market
Nissan Canada President Joni Paiva sees an opportunity for the automaker to get a bigger piece of a shrinking, but still important, sedan pie.

Specifically, confidence is high in the redesigned Altima sedan, because it will have standard all-wheel drive in Canada.

“That matches perfectly with Canada. I think the product is perfect for this market,” he said.
https://canada.autonews.com/automakers/ ... o-readmore
'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"