Misc Thread VI: Return of the Threadi

Off-topic posts, quotes of the day and anything else you just would like to vent to the world. PG-13 or below PLEASE!
AHTOXA
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '19 4RUNNER TRD ORP

Re: Misc Thread VI: Return of the Threadi

Post by AHTOXA »

watkins wrote:
mtheis wrote:Hello.
Hello
Is it me you're looking for?
'19 Toyota 4Runner TRD ORP
'12 Suzuki V-Strom 650
watkins
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Saab 9-5 Aero wagon

Post by watkins »

Youre hard to miss even for people who arent looking for you
mtheis
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 07 Corolla, 76 Celica

Post by mtheis »

AHTOXA wrote:
mtheis wrote:Hello.
Another old time lurker!

You and I need to drink a few beers again and go do some shooting. Well, maybe not in that order, but yeah.
Definitely! We could try the new indoor range.
2007 Corolla
2017 Cannondale Quick 3
1995 Tercel
1976 Celica GT
Unofficial SS.com IRC Server
Driving stick since March 20, 2002
Official lurker
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty

Post by Rope-Pusher »

mtheis wrote:
We could try the new indoor range.
Fickset
'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter

Post by Rope-Pusher »

Overall Gas Smileage is Actually Improving

http://autoweek.com/article/car-news/fl ... ck-its-way
IMBoring25

Post by IMBoring25 »

That doesn't take into account those changes playing a role in the increasing popularity of heavier trucks that aren't rated or in the cost impact in increasing fleet age.

The numbers they use for EVs are also a little goofy when most are powered by coal or natural gas.
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter

Post by Rope-Pusher »

IMBoring25 wrote: Image
The numbers they use for EVs are also a little goofy when most are powered by coal.
Fickset
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 CX-5 GT

Post by potownrob »

Teamwork wrote:There are definitely days I miss the abundance of features in the Mazda 3 though. The Bose system was probably one of the best stock sound systems I tested in 30k <. I know that's not for everyone but I listen to music everyday and the GTI system is crap.
features and value for the money is very good on mazdas (at least the 3 and 6). if eye weren't hooked on the turbo, eye might consider one. vw fender audio is beyond good, and takes time to break-in and appreciate, but you have to pony up to mid level to get it. if eye (eventually) upgrade to a gti sport, i'd be losing the fender. i'd also lose the sunroof but, despite it adding to the ambience and providing another means of air ventilation (no comment), i would probably be able to go without it more easily than if eye lost kessy or fender audio. no fahgleitz is annoying to this night driver (along with no auto lights), but the LP hopefully makes up for that. i could also try for a used GTI SE...
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
Teamwork
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: 2015 VW GTI

Post by Teamwork »

potownrob wrote:
Teamwork wrote:There are definitely days I miss the abundance of features in the Mazda 3 though. The Bose system was probably one of the best stock sound systems I tested in 30k <. I know that's not for everyone but I listen to music everyday and the GTI system is crap.
features and value for the money is very good on mazdas (at least the 3 and 6). if eye weren't hooked on the turbo, eye might consider one. vw fender audio is beyond good, and takes time to break-in and appreciate, but you have to pony up to mid level to get it. if eye (eventually) upgrade to a gti sport, i'd be losing the fender. i'd also lose the sunroof but, despite it adding to the ambience and providing another means of air ventilation (no comment), i would probably be able to go without it more easily than if eye lost kessy or fender audio. no fahgleitz is annoying to this night driver (along with no auto lights), but the LP hopefully makes up for that. i could also try for a used GTI SE...
I probably wouldn't trade up or even consider another VW at this point and I love this car.

Truth is the politics of the cost cutting that will (and has already) become present across the board is going to trickle down. My friend just did exactly what you proposed Potowny with a 2015 Golf TSI SE to a 2017 GTI Sport. He was kind of turned off by the fact that a lot of the "refinements" of the prior models have disappeared like fog lamps, lined glovebox/map pockets, and the dashboard appears to be a cheaper material now.

He's also already have had EPC's thrown under 1k... and the car came with the oil cap cross threaded (I don't know how this happens but I believe him). I think VW dropped like 9 spots on brand reliability for CR between 2015-2016 also... My car is also going in for the EVAP canister/fuel sump recall.

I still have semi-positive vibes with this car but it feels like I'm walking on egg shells. I wish I had Fender Audio.
watkins
Master Standardshifter

Post by watkins »

Just about time to go sit in an hour of traffic followed by who knows how long in line to do my civic duty to attempt to prevent this country from falling in to ruins
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter

Post by Rope-Pusher »

watkins wrote:Just about time to go sit in an hour of traffic followed by who knows how long in line to do my civic duty to attempt to prevent this country from falling in to ruins
GO POLITICS!
tankinbeans
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 17 Mazda6 To, 18 Mazda3 i

Post by tankinbeans »

Can I barf now?
17 Mazda6 Touring
18 Mazda3 iSport
InlinePaul wrote:The driving force of new fangled features to sell more cars [is to] cater to the masses' abject laziness!
watkins
Master Standardshifter

Post by watkins »

I want to
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 CX-5 GT

Post by potownrob »

Teamwork wrote: I probably wouldn't trade up or even consider another VW at this point and I love this car.

Truth is the politics of the cost cutting that will (and has already) become present across the board is going to trickle down. My friend just did exactly what you proposed Potowny with a 2015 Golf TSI SE to a 2017 GTI Sport. He was kind of turned off by the fact that a lot of the "refinements" of the prior models have disappeared like fog lamps, lined glovebox/map pockets, and the dashboard appears to be a cheaper material now.

He's also already have had EPC's thrown under 1k... and the car came with the oil cap cross threaded (I don't know how this happens but I believe him). I think VW dropped like 9 spots on brand reliability for CR between 2015-2016 also... My car is also going in for the EVAP canister/fuel sump recall.

I still have semi-positive vibes with this car but it feels like I'm walking on egg shells. I wish I had Fender Audio.
ideally, a 2016 gti se would be the ticket. just have to wait til i pay off enough to be able to trade the golf and for the 2016 gti prices to come down. i'd want 2016 over 2015 for the carplay and superior infotainment. not that eye wouldn't consider a 2015 for the right price.

edit: looks like blue beast has dropped in value more than even expected. blue beast for life.
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter

Post by Rope-Pusher »

Attend my Seminar....
...and learn to lower your bills!