Misc Thread VI: Return of the Threadi

Off-topic posts, quotes of the day and anything else you just would like to vent to the world. PG-13 or below PLEASE!
DrJerryrigger
Junior Standardshifter
Cars: trixy

Re: Misc Thread VI: Return of the Threadi

Post by DrJerryrigger »

noob5,000,000 wrote:I just heard the phrase "instant overnight relief" in a Proactiv commercial. Bit of an oxymoron, innit?
Instant overnight glue makes me so mad.
ClutchDisc
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: 2009 Mazda 5 2.3L 5MT

Post by ClutchDisc »

Tups wrote:
Boston Fit wrote:Is Finland one of those countries where you need to drive stick in order to get an unrestricted driver's license?
If you take the test with a car fitted with an automatic transmission, you're not allowed to drive vehicles with manual transmission. I don't know how it works for truck license (>3500 kg). Perhaps you can't even get one.
I like it! :D :) :mrgreen:
09 Mazda 5 2.3 5-speed manual 171k
11 Subaru Forester auto :( 113k
92 Ford Mustang LX 5.0 5-speed manual 151k
theholycow
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '80 Buick LeSabre 4.1 5MT

Post by theholycow »

noob5,000,000 wrote:I just heard the phrase "instant overnight relief" in a Proactiv commercial. Bit of an oxymoron, innit?
Could mean instant relief that only lasts overnight. :lol:
1980 Buick LeSabre 4.1L 5MT

Put your car in your sig!

Learn to launch/FAQs/lugging/misused terms: meta-sig
watkins wrote:Humans have rear-biased AWD. Cows have 4WD
DrJerryrigger
Junior Standardshifter

Post by DrJerryrigger »

Tups wrote:
Boston Fit wrote:Is Finland one of those countries where you need to drive stick in order to get an unrestricted driver's license?
If you take the test with a car fitted with an automatic transmission, you're not allowed to drive vehicles with manual transmission. I don't know how it works for truck license (>3500 kg). Perhaps you can't even get one.
When my Mom first got her license it was like that in Massachusetts.
tankinbeans
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 17 Mazda6 To, 18 Mazda3 i

Post by tankinbeans »

theholycow wrote:
Could mean instant relief that only lasts overnight. :lol:
Hopefully this person has lots of sheets for that instant of relief. Could get messy.
17 Mazda6 Touring
18 Mazda3 iSport
InlinePaul wrote:The driving force of new fangled features to sell more cars [is to] cater to the masses' abject laziness!
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty

Post by Rope-Pusher »

Mebbe it were a typo?

'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"
Boston Fit
Senior Standardshifter

Post by Boston Fit »

DrJerryrigger wrote:
Tups wrote:
When my Mom first got her license it was like that in Massachusetts.
The way it should be!
2013 Honda Civic Si
DrJerryrigger
Junior Standardshifter

Post by DrJerryrigger »

Boston Fit wrote:
DrJerryrigger wrote: When my Mom first got her license it was like that in Massachusetts.
The way it should be!
I feel like that would mean even fewer manuals would be made.
tankinbeans
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 17 Mazda6 To, 18 Mazda3 i

Post by tankinbeans »

Happy memorial day to all y'all. Be safe and remember, if you drink, don't drive, do the watermelon crawl.

I just looked at my stats and I've been here for 3 years and one month on the nipple.
17 Mazda6 Touring
18 Mazda3 iSport
InlinePaul wrote:The driving force of new fangled features to sell more cars [is to] cater to the masses' abject laziness!
watkins
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Saab 9-5 Aero wagon

Post by watkins »

NIPPLE!

My phone somehow managed to go swimming in the pool of condensation my water bottle made on my night table last night. It now just buzzes. This is no good. Fortunately I was due for a new phone last month. Just been too busy to go get one. Not that the stores are open today...
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 CX-5 GT

Post by potownrob »

watkins wrote:NIPPLE!

My phone somehow managed to go swimming in the pool of condensation my water bottle made on my night table last night. It now just buzzes. This is no good. Fortunately I was due for a new phone last month. Just been too busy to go get one. Not that the stores are open today...
lg g2 looks to be the best free smartphone out there for at&t (i assume that's what you have at least), at least for android. i like my htc one m8 (nice speakers, solid build quality, just about the perfect size and very good battery life), but it is like $200 even with contract renewal.
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
watkins
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Saab 9-5 Aero wagon

Post by watkins »

Got an HTC one. Not M8. Didn't see the benefits. I loved my Inspire while it lasted. Figured HTC deserved another go. I especially love having a metal phone. Keeps it safe at work
Squint
Master Standardshifter

Post by Squint »

watkins wrote:Got an HTC one. Not M8. Didn't see the benefits. I loved my Inspire while it lasted. Figured HTC deserved another go. I especially love having a metal phone. Keeps it safe at work
A cow-orker bought the S5 for his upgrade after debating between the S5 and the HTC One for several weeks. If memory serves, the S5 is supposed to be waterproof to a couple of meters... :wink: :lol:
'15 Mazda 3 iSport Hatch 6MT
'11 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SE 5MT
'14 Giant Escape City 24MT
'97 Honda Civic EX 4AT - Retired @ 184,001 mi

For Pony!
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 CX-5 GT

Post by potownrob »

watkins wrote:Got an HTC one. Not M8. Didn't see the benefits. I loved my Inspire while it lasted. Figured HTC deserved another go. I especially love having a metal phone. Keeps it safe at work
The benefits are significant (at least to me they are), but still you probably got a better phone than most of the ones out there. I ordered mine with an otter box case, so I never had the metal experience. Other than having to reset the radios now and then (typical HTC issue), I don't recall having any problems over the past couple of months I've had the phone.
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
Boston Fit
Senior Standardshifter

Post by Boston Fit »

DrJerryrigger wrote:I feel like that would mean even fewer manuals would be made.
I assumed the opposite.
2013 Honda Civic Si