Misc Thread VI: Return of the Threadi

Off-topic posts, quotes of the day and anything else you just would like to vent to the world. PG-13 or below PLEASE!
AHTOXA
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '19 4RUNNER TRD ORP

Re: Misc Thread VI: Return of the Threadi

Post by AHTOXA »

noob5,000,000 wrote:I wish I had a hot tub. Or at least a bathtub that is big enough to submerge more than 40% of my body in.
I know that feel.
'19 Toyota 4Runner TRD ORP
'12 Suzuki V-Strom 650
AHTOXA
Master Standardshifter

Post by AHTOXA »

Gun laws are confusing. I'm trying to find a straight answer on whether I can carry a concealed firearm when hiking/camping without a CHL. Cannot find a straight answer just yet.
'12 Suzuki V-Strom 650
noob5,000,000
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 1986 Mazda RX-7 x2

Post by noob5,000,000 »

AHTOXA wrote:Gun laws are confusing. I'm trying to find a straight answer on whether I can carry a concealed firearm when hiking/camping without a CHL. Cannot find a straight answer just yet.
I'm not sure about Texas specifically, but that sounds like it would be a no-no. As far as I know (in MI, at least), you can only carry concealed without a permit on property you own or with permission from the property owner.
1986 Mazda RX-7 sport - slowly returning to the Earth
1986 Mazda RX-7 base - Project car, ???, In pieces, turbo parts around.
AHTOXA
Master Standardshifter

Post by AHTOXA »

So I registered over at a Walther forum today and while browsing came accross a a few threads from a guy in Germany displaying his gun collection via multiple pictures throughout a few years as he's made changes and re-arrangements.

Here's what he has - a total of 682 guns!!! How people get around to dropping so much cash, I have no idea. :shock: :shock:

370 Walther with 40 Manurhin
12 Astra
8 Beretta
6 colt
5 cz
7 fn
20 Glock
36 HK
8 SIG
53 TANFOGLIO
10 Smith & Wesson

and some ACCURACY / Browning / Mauser / Erma / Steyr / Taurus / Caracal / Star / Unique / Valmet / Vektor / Walam / MAB /

in total 682

Link to thread with pictures:

http://www.waltherforums.com/forum/walt ... astle.html
'12 Suzuki V-Strom 650
noob5,000,000
Master Standardshifter

Post by noob5,000,000 »

Damn, even if I could afford to have every gun I've ever wanted, it would still be way less than 600 :lol: .

It may be time for us to resurrect the gun thread. brb!

EDIT: Hmm, I can't find it. If I recall it was called 'Who here shoots? Gun related", but searches of just the words 'gun', 'shoots', who here' doesn't bring it up.
vedran
Master Standardshifter

Post by vedran »

2012 VW GTI - 6MT
2001 Infiniti QX4 - 4AT
noob5,000,000
Master Standardshifter

Post by noob5,000,000 »

Huh. Thanks, I must suck at searching.
ClutchFork
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2008 Fusion 2.3L manual

Post by ClutchFork »

Installed 35% tint in my back window today. Did we follow instructions. No? There is no adventure in that. We read them but then did it fast and easy. If it weren't for Clutchdisc, it would not have worked but he helped and was especially good at trimming it with the Xacto knife.

Also peeled the loose paint off front of hood and re-plasticdipped it flat black.

Scraped and wire brushed the rotted area at front of bed floor and now have big holes you can see the ground.
Stick shiftin since '77
theholycow wrote:Why in the world would you even want to be as smooth as an automatic? Might as well just drive an automatic...
tankinbeans
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 17 Mazda6 To, 18 Mazda3 i

Post by tankinbeans »

I want to tint Clifford, but he's leased right now and I can't modify him. :(
17 Mazda6 Touring
18 Mazda3 iSport
InlinePaul wrote:The driving force of new fangled features to sell more cars [is to] cater to the masses' abject laziness!
AHTOXA
Master Standardshifter

Post by AHTOXA »

Tinting the back glass on a pickup should be pretty easy. There are no bends in the glass so you're not having to heat and stretch the film and bubbles are easy to work out. Back in high school I helped a friend tint an early 90's Sunbird.
'12 Suzuki V-Strom 650
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 CX-5 GT

Post by potownrob »

AHTOXA wrote:Tinting the back glass on a pickup should be pretty easy. There are no bends in the glass so you're not having to heat and stretch the film and bubbles are easy to work out. Back in high school I helped a friend tint an early 90's Sunbird.
speaking of ancient pontiacs, my friend is finally thinking of getting rid of his 98 sunfire and getting something sporty like a mustang, camaro or challenger. i have warned him about the RWDness, mainly since I know he most likely won't get a set of winter wheels. ss comarades, do you have any other (maybe FWD or AWD??) suggestions for my friend (in the mid 20ks or less pricewise), based on him liking the mustang, camaro and challenger?? thanks for your help.
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
AHTOXA
Master Standardshifter

Post by AHTOXA »

New or used?

I know I am opening myself up to a lot of puns and jokes here so I'm not even going to try to word this carefully. I picked up a clam at the beach today and it was dead. Had the typical dead clam smell - very sharp and revolting. Now my fingers smell like the clam and nothing I do gets the smell out. I have a tendency to subconsciously play with my beard and now my beard smells like the clam.

Shower time.
'12 Suzuki V-Strom 650
tankinbeans
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 17 Mazda6 To, 18 Mazda3 i

Post by tankinbeans »

AHTOXA wrote:New or used?

I know I am opening myself up to a lot of puns and jokes here so I'm not even going to try to word this carefully. I picked up a clam at the beach today and it was dead. Had the typical dead clam smell - very sharp and revolting. Now my fingers smell like the clam and nothing I do gets the smell out. I have a tendency to subconsciously play with my beard and now my beard smells like the clam.

Shower time.
Doesn't tomato juice help with that?
17 Mazda6 Touring
18 Mazda3 iSport
InlinePaul wrote:The driving force of new fangled features to sell more cars [is to] cater to the masses' abject laziness!
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 CX-5 GT

Post by potownrob »

tankinbeans wrote:
AHTOXA wrote:New or used?

Shower time.
Doesn't tomato juice help with that?
new.....and new....(febreze??)
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
AHTOXA
Master Standardshifter

Post by AHTOXA »

Don't know about clam smell but it is supposed to help with skunk smell.

I have an idea. I think I'm gonna go oil my gun. Love the smell of gun oil and it should mask the clam. Deliberating on going shooting today. I have a couple hundred rounds at the house calling my name. However, I'll probably just wait and go next week with more ammo. cheaper to go less often but shoot more since you pay for all-day range time.
'12 Suzuki V-Strom 650