Another Day, Another Idiot Driver (Misc Thread for Stories)

Off-topic posts, quotes of the day and anything else you just would like to vent to the world. PG-13 or below PLEASE!
jomotopia
Cars: 04 STi, 05 Matrix XR (AT)

Post by jomotopia »

paul34 wrote:They shouldn't be able to give you a ticket for giving the bird. That's not an offense AFAIK, and shouldn't be... .
agreed. which is why i want to know what the ticket was actually for. probably some BS.

like this one time when i was in Panama City Beach. this was after my 18th birthday, and prior to turning 18 i had had a Business Purposes Only restriction on my license. it clearly said on the license "Business Purposes Only until <my 18th birthday, which was in the past>".

as we were rolling down the strip we saw a cop going on the opposite shoulder in the opposite direction. my idiot friend yelled "pig" out the window. the cop cut across both lanes and came up next to me on our shoulder and told me to pull over.

cop: "do you know why i pulled you over?"
me: "because he called you a pig."
cop: "your friend's mouth is writing checks your body can't cash."
me: ":roll: so there's a law against the 1st amendment now?"

he then proceeded to get us all out of the car and take all our ids. my friend that called him a pig didn't have any id on him and the cop said it's illegal to not carry id (yeah right). then he asked me if i work down the strip and i said no and he said i'm driving on a suspended license then and he could take me to jail. i pointed to the licenses and showed him how it clearly states the restriction is over. he gave some BS about the computer in Tally telling him different and he has to go by that, so he can either give me a driving on a suspended license ticket or take me to jail. a**hole. so i took the ticket. i didn't even have to show up anywhere, i just called and told them what happened and the ticket was dismissed over the phone.

he also gave my friend a ticket that he claimed was for failure to carry id, but what the ticket was actually for was "driving without a license." yeah um, how do you give 2 people in the same car at the same time tickets with the word "driving" in them? last i checked there was only 1 steering wheel in my car. :lol: my friend went to court and had his ticket dismissed too.

a**hole cop.
2013 Subaru Impreza WRX in Orange
Nychold
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2007 Scion tC

Post by Nychold »

jomotopia wrote:cop: "do you know why i pulled you over?"
me: "because he called you a pig."
cop: "your friend's mouth is writing checks your body can't cash."
me: "yeah, he's scheduled to fly a cargo plane full of rubber dog sh*t out of Hong Kong in a week."
Corrected. And I hate when people use that line from Top Gun. :x So I jerk them around. :lol:
Watercolor: I'm a grade A bone sucker!
Me: :shock: :) :D :twisted:
hockeystyx16
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 95 probe GT

Post by hockeystyx16 »

the ticket was for obstruction. you pulled out in front of a cop when he had his flashers and siren on.

now we all know you cant hear those fvckers from more than 10 feet away, but im sure the cop wont like ' i didnt hear your siren' as a excuse.

and according to wikipedia, flipping somebody off is concidered road rage.
-Roman
95 Probelem GT
jomotopia

Post by jomotopia »

i don't think JB would think it "was some punk kid" if the blue lights were flashing. i wish he would get back in here and tell us what the charge on the ticket was.
subzero
Master Standardshifter

Post by subzero »

ok so i got lucky enough to drive my friend's audi s4 (B5 Stage 2) because he needed to go for an eye checkup and they diallated (sp?) his pupils so i had to take him home.

some old ass civic wagon wanted to race on the highway and gave me a bunch of slow-downs and ricer fly-bys as a clear sign. so i downshifted to third we lined up and on the 2nd honk (his honk(s), rofl) he floored it ...then i did the same...needless to say, i raped him pretty bad by the top of 4th.

then he followed me to my exit where a 2 lane oneway street was and he pulled up next to me at the stoplight and called me a faggot.. ROFL. so i said, "dude, just because your shit is slow, vtec didnt help, and you cant bag any girls in that car except for your mother - dont take it out on me."

then he just made the left while i continued to go straight. what a punk. :roll: :lol:
FREE ROMAN!
dklkse
Master Standardshifter

Post by dklkse »

subzero wrote: "dude, just because your quit is slow, vtec didnt help, and you cant bag any girls in that car except for your mother - dont take it out on me."
Haha, classic! :lol:
hockeystyx16 wrote:they got ABS placebo all up their ass making them feel safe and warm
jomotopia

Post by jomotopia »

well, this weekend it seems the idiot driver is me. :oops:

i went to pick up my fiancee's brother at the airport the other night. he's a pretty big guy and his knee was in my way going to 5th. getting on the highway i was running up 4th, and had just started to shift to 5th, when this guy in the right lane suddenly decides to come over right in front of me. the knee combined with being startled and having to jerk over a lane caused me to miss 5th and hit 3rd. :shock: i let off the clutch and wham, super engine braking, and so i of course floored the clutch and then when i looked at the tach it was coming back down past 7500 (redline is 7k). :( first time i ever over-revved. guess it didn't do any damage though b/c the car still drives fine and pulls hard.

then today i was coming back from the store, kinda tired, had the radio turned up kinda loud, and i was trying to make a quick left across traffic. i dunno what was going through my mind but i didn't get the clutch all the way out, couldn't hear the engine for the radio, and then i noticed i was at 5k. :shock: so then i let off the gas some and let the clutch the rest of the way out and smelled that smell we all know and loathe. :(

my poor Subie. ah well she seems to take it pretty well.
Sypher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 05 Mazda 3 GT

Post by Sypher »

jomotopia wrote:well, this weekend it seems the idiot driver is me. :oops:

i went to pick up my fiancee's brother at the airport the other night. he's a pretty big guy and his knee was in my way going to 5th. getting on the highway i was running up 4th, and had just started to shift to 5th, when this guy in the right lane suddenly decides to come over right in front of me. the knee combined with being startled and having to jerk over a lane caused me to miss 5th and hit 3rd. :shock: i let off the clutch and wham, super engine braking, and so i of course floored the clutch and then when i looked at the tach it was coming back down past 7500 (redline is 7k). :( first time i ever over-revved. guess it didn't do any damage though b/c the car still drives fine and pulls hard.

then today i was coming back from the store, kinda tired, had the radio turned up kinda loud, and i was trying to make a quick left across traffic. i dunno what was going through my mind but i didn't get the clutch all the way out, couldn't hear the engine for the radio, and then i noticed i was at 5k. :shock: so then i let off the gas some and let the clutch the rest of the way out and smelled that smell we all know and loathe. :(

my poor Subie. ah well she seems to take it pretty well.
Poor Samantha. She should be stripped of her owner :lol:

J/k we all make those silly mistakes once in a while :)
Nychold
Master Standardshifter

Post by Nychold »

This afternoon, on my way to my mother's house, I got caught in a rather nasty hail storm. :cry: And while being pelted with falling chunks of ice, my brother decided we should seek shelter. Which we did at a gas station, under the awning at the pumps. Well, as we go around the pumps and all the people huddling under them, this idiot in a Suburban realizes that he's not protected...the ice is coming in sideway, right into his truck. So he proceeds to cut me off as I go around him. That's sort of understandable idiocity, but not this part...

the gas pump was STILL IN HIS TRUCK!!

:shock:

Fortunately the ...fireman didn't destroy the pump or the station, or blow us all up, but man...what a moron. :lol:
Nychold
Master Standardshifter

Post by Nychold »

paul34 wrote:LOL!

And yes, my biggest fear is about getting stuck in a hail storm with our glass roofs... :shock:
The car handled it really well...not even a sratch. But man, is it loud. :shock:
mikebai1990
Senior Standardshifter

Post by mikebai1990 »

We were coming back from the city, and saw these two drivers racing on the highway. Nothing bad happened, but I've realized how potentially dangerous these drivers are. One of the drivers came from the right lane and cut off my dad, who was on the left lane. As you can imagine, the distance was extremely close. If people wanna go race, they should do it on a track or a empty highway. There's no point risking other people's lives so that you can fuel your testosterone...
NonChalant
Master Standardshifter

Post by NonChalant »

That sort of thing happens daily here... Everyone just seems to get used to it.
JackBauer
Master Standardshifter

Post by JackBauer »

the ticket said 'cut across 2 lanes and cut of police cruiser' or something like that. I didn't get a ticket for flicking him off. I didn't even want to argue. I just sat there, let him right me the ticket and went on about my business. I didn't even fight it in court.
It feels good to just shut up and not argue sometimes.
subzero
Master Standardshifter

Post by subzero »

my friend was dropping me off at the gym today and we were a block away at a stop light. some punk ass kid (at MOST - 17 yrs old) rolls up next to us with daddy's teal M3, flipped the bird, pointed and laughed at the hood scoop (my friend drives an 04 STi) while calling it rice (when it comes...stock...), and peeled out ...while it was still red. he crossed the intersection and BARELY missed a group of teens crossing the street in front of us. :x
FREE ROMAN!
Dusty
Senior Standardshifter

Post by Dusty »

try this one: 3:30 in the afternoon last week, tones drop for full arrest on a 15 year old girl with history of seziurs...i hit the Streethawk, the dash strobe and the hide a way strobe lights, truck is well lit up, im about 5 min. from the station heading throuh the last few miles of the next town over. i have the green at the lant light in town....im cooking the gears around 75 in a 55...hell the town cop who carries a padger from our department and hears the same calls from fire control pulled over when i came zipping past. this kid in a honda with underglo and rap blaring with Mass tags, cuts me off at the light (right on red) about 20 feet in front of me and sppeds up to a whole 40 i go to pass he moves over, i try thr other side he moes over refusing to let me past. with my station now retoning for a driver for the Rescue i am starting to panic, untill...to the rescue, our friendly local PD comes flying past me and pulls the kid in the civic over...i make it to the station, after the call im in the office filing my paperwork when jim walks in and tells me the kid was aressted for inhibiting a firefighter from reaching his duty station
good day!
Found Off Road Daily
1992 Ford Bronco 5.0 4x4