Misc. Thread II

Off-topic posts, quotes of the day and anything else you just would like to vent to the world. PG-13 or below PLEASE!
eaglecatcher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '90 300ZXTT 5MT

Post by eaglecatcher »

I knew someone would catch my grammar errors, I just wanted to see how long it woudl take. haha
Z1 Intake
Z1 2.5" Test pipes
HKS 65mm Hi-Power Exhaust
AMS Short Shifter
SZ Subframe Spacers
HKS Vein Pressure Converter
DDM Tuning 6000k HIDs
comingbackdown
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 99 Ram 2500, 86 Ford LTD

Post by comingbackdown »

Coupe31705 wrote:i cut my boss off today!
Pardon me, but that just sounds WRONG!

(maybe it's the fact that it's later in the evening and I'm a wiseass. However, it just sounds sick and wrong.)
1999 Ram 2500 4x4 360, 1986 Ford LTD 3.8L, 1983 Yamaha Venture Royale 1200
eaglecatcher
Master Standardshifter

Post by eaglecatcher »

dudes (and dudettes), I just found a group on facebook that thinks that 9/11 was carried out by our government.

http://www.laughingpond.com/

I haven't watched the vid, but from the stuff I've read, its ridiculous. Why would our government destroy our economy and shit like that?
Z1 Intake
Z1 2.5" Test pipes
AMS Short Shifter
SZ Subframe Spacers
DDM Tuning 6000k HIDs
Coupe31705
Senior Standardshifter

Post by Coupe31705 »

comingbackdown wrote:

(maybe it's the fact that it's later in the evening and I'm a wiseass. However, it just sounds sick and wrong.)
its supposed to sound wrong...its situational irony...you're expecting something, when it is really something else.

Most people would picture a boss as a 40-55 year old guy in a suit that yells and would fire someone for this...but my boss is a 22 year old female who is cool and outgoing...in fact, she probably thought it was funny.

and just as a footnote, she also has a boss(three really)...and her bosses are sort of the typical persona you would think of...although one is quite different, but lets not get into that.
Wanna give me insurance $$$?
eaglecatcher
Master Standardshifter

Post by eaglecatcher »

Coupe31705 wrote:
comingbackdown wrote:

its supposed to sound wrong...its situational irony...you're expecting something, when it is really something else.

Most people would picture a boss as a 40-55 year old guy in a suit that yells and would fire someone for this...but my boss is a 22 year old female who is cool and outgoing...in fact, she probably thought it was funny.

and just as a footnote, she also has a boss(three really)...and her bosses are sort of the typical persona you would think of...although one is quite different, but lets not get into that.
is she hot?
Z1 Intake
Z1 2.5" Test pipes
AMS Short Shifter
SZ Subframe Spacers
DDM Tuning 6000k HIDs
Coupe31705
Senior Standardshifter

Post by Coupe31705 »

eaglecatcher wrote:
Coupe31705 wrote:
comingbackdown wrote: Pardon me, but that just sounds WRONG!

is she hot?
yup.
Nervous
Master Standardshifter

Post by Nervous »

eaglecatcher wrote:dudes (and dudettes), I just found a group on facebook that thinks that 9/11 was carried out by our government.

I haven't watched the vid, but from the stuff I've read, its ridiculous. Why would our government destroy our economy and quit like that?
It's Plausible. We all know that America runs on oil, and the Middle East knows it, we know, and the world knows it. And so they increasingly raise the price. Prices for Oil Drums were rising, and so The Government could have faked it, just so we could start a war so we could tell the people how to run their government "properly." They would be in debt, and set a locked price to us for their oil. And thus, we all get happy, except for the people who lost friends/family.

Of course, I'm not supporting either side, all I know is that people side, I don't really care what happened (sorry if I sound harsh, I really don't mean to, and I don't mean to offend anyone if they lose a close one), all I know is that something happened and started a huge cause and effect chain.

I'm just saying I see both sides of the story.
Coupe31705
Senior Standardshifter

Post by Coupe31705 »

i think its cool that you did what they asked you to and looked at it without any bias....98/100 people cant do that...they just cant

and as for my car...it hits somewhere around 157 at redline in FOURTH!
eaglecatcher
Master Standardshifter

Post by eaglecatcher »

paul34 wrote:
eaglecatcher wrote:
paul34 wrote: Maybe you need to look at the tach... at 100 you're a few thousand RPMs away from redline in our cars :lol:
IN WHAT GEAR?! I can be over 100 in 4th gear and not even be close to redline. 100 in 3rd gear is about redline for me, maybe just a hare past.
5th... I know, I know, its a little sad :lol:

We have a speed limiter at 127 MPH. It's kind of useless though, because if there was no speed limiter, you'd pretty much hit the rev limiter at probably around 130 or so anyway :wink:

I think 90 MPH is probably over 4k RPM. Crazy, I know, but there are people who have gotten 32+ MPG doing 90 and 4k RPMs on the highway :shock: . It's all about the cruise control, baby!
wow, when I'm running at 90mph in 5th gear even, or 4th gear for that matter, I get about 15mpg. When I do a full throttle run up to 100 shifting at redline, I shit you not, my gas needle goes down visibly. its really sad.
Z1 Intake
Z1 2.5" Test pipes
AMS Short Shifter
SZ Subframe Spacers
DDM Tuning 6000k HIDs
eaglecatcher
Master Standardshifter

Post by eaglecatcher »

yeah, but I never use it. Our traffic is so bad that I'm always slowing down and speeding up to not crash or get run over.
Z1 Intake
Z1 2.5" Test pipes
AMS Short Shifter
SZ Subframe Spacers
DDM Tuning 6000k HIDs
hockeystyx16
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 95 probe GT

Post by hockeystyx16 »

Nervous wrote:
eaglecatcher wrote:dudes (and dudettes), I just found a group on facebook that thinks that 9/11 was carried out by our government.

I haven't watched the vid, but from the stuff I've read, its ridiculous. Why would our government destroy our economy and quit like that?
It's Plausible. We all know that America runs on oil, and the Middle East knows it, we know, and the world knows it. And so they increasingly raise the price. Prices for Oil Drums were rising, and so The Government could have faked it, just so we could start a war so we could tell the people how to run their government "properly." They would be in debt, and set a locked price to us for their oil. And thus, we all get happy, except for the people who lost friends/family.

Of course, I'm not supporting either side, all I know is that people side, I don't really care what happened (sorry if I sound harsh, I really don't mean to, and I don't mean to offend anyone if they lose a close one), all I know is that something happened and started a huge cause and effect chain.

I'm just saying I see both sides of the story.
this is another good video on the same matter
painful deception
i personally agree with this dude. what he said makes sense, what government said doesnt make sense. bush was just looking for a reason to start another war in middle east. just couldnt find a reason to.
but then again, im not a US citizen, what does my opinion matter lol
-Roman
95 Probelem GT
eaglecatcher
Master Standardshifter

Post by eaglecatcher »

paul34 wrote:I've seen the documentary a long time ago, but don't discuss it with people because I understand that stuff like that isn't something you can just "convince" people in normal conversation. Most people are also not capable of carrying on an intellectual conversation about such things - they tend to take such things extremely personally.

People have also been trained, by whatever means (education system, mass media, etc.) to instantly disregard anyone who would dare question the system.

As such, it gets tossed in with politics and religion as topics to avoid with people you aren't really good friends with.

I'm not 100% convinced either way, but I don't think that a bunch of guys who live in caves managed to hijack airplanes and crash them into buildings so perfectly.

I also don't think Bush was behind it. Look, no matter how big of a fan anyone may be of him, I think we can all agree he certainly isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer. In fact, I doubt he's even human.

Regardless, I do think there was something funny about the whole thing... but I think Bush was just another pawn in the whole game. Someone was responsible, but someone (or some people) much smarter than Bush.

However, the fact is that the government controls our media, and that we'll never get any answers. Plus, the citizens of this country are nothing more than sheep, content to follow the act of democracy that is our government and our lying, sensationalist, and corporate media.

This country will fall, mark my words. It's only a matter of time before we destroy our own country. The true patriot is a rare element in this country; and any true patriots still left are marginalized by the media and made out as terrorists by the government.

I still laugh everytime that happens, because it seems this country forgot how this country was founded. It was founded on what "terrorists" would have been that day in age. In an age where war was fought with soldiers in straight columns, on prearranged fields and at prearranged times, the Colonists practiced, for one of the first times in history, guerilla warfare. They would attack out of the trees (ambush), and then run away.

Sound like anyone you know now? Yea, I thought so. This country was founded on blood and violence, with the intent that we could avoid the exact situation we are in now. Congratulations... but as far as I am concerned, my country died long ago.
yeah, we have been trained not to question the system, just as we are not legally obligated to pay income taxes. There is not a law that says we have to, and the 16th ammendment was never ratified, people just took it and accepted it.

I agree that our country will fall, and I don't think it will be very long. In my life, I doubt it, but quite possibly in the next generations. Either way, I plan to move out of this country as soon as possible. Whehter that means I go to canada, mexico, bolivia, japan, who knows, but I'm planning on leaving our country. Whether most think so or not, I think our government is on the verge of corruption.
Z1 Intake
Z1 2.5" Test pipes
AMS Short Shifter
SZ Subframe Spacers
DDM Tuning 6000k HIDs
comingbackdown
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 99 Ram 2500, 86 Ford LTD

Post by comingbackdown »

eaglecatcher wrote:
paul34 wrote:I've seen the documentary a long time ago, but don't discuss it with people because I understand that stuff like that isn't something you can just "convince" people in normal conversation. Most people are also not capable of carrying on an intellectual conversation about such things - they tend to take such things extremely personally.

People have also been trained, by whatever means (education system, mass media, etc.) to instantly disregard anyone who would dare question the system.

As such, it gets tossed in with politics and religion as topics to avoid with people you aren't really good friends with.

I'm not 100% convinced either way, but I don't think that a bunch of guys who live in caves managed to hijack airplanes and crash them into buildings so perfectly.

I also don't think Bush was behind it. Look, no matter how big of a fan anyone may be of him, I think we can all agree he certainly isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer. In fact, I doubt he's even human.

Regardless, I do think there was something funny about the whole thing... but I think Bush was just another pawn in the whole game. Someone was responsible, but someone (or some people) much smarter than Bush.

However, the fact is that the government controls our media, and that we'll never get any answers. Plus, the citizens of this country are nothing more than sheep, content to follow the act of democracy that is our government and our lying, sensationalist, and corporate media.

This country will fall, mark my words. It's only a matter of time before we destroy our own country. The true patriot is a rare element in this country; and any true patriots still left are marginalized by the media and made out as terrorists by the government.

I still laugh everytime that happens, because it seems this country forgot how this country was founded. It was founded on what "terrorists" would have been that day in age. In an age where war was fought with soldiers in straight columns, on prearranged fields and at prearranged times, the Colonists practiced, for one of the first times in history, guerilla warfare. They would attack out of the trees (ambush), and then run away.

Sound like anyone you know now? Yea, I thought so. This country was founded on blood and violence, with the intent that we could avoid the exact situation we are in now. Congratulations... but as far as I am concerned, my country died long ago.
yeah, we have been trained not to question the system, just as we are not legally obligated to pay income taxes. There is not a law that says we have to, and the 16th ammendment was never ratified, people just took it and accepted it.

I agree that our country will fall, and I don't think it will be very long. In my life, I doubt it, but quite possibly in the next generations. Either way, I plan to move out of this country as soon as possible. Whehter that means I go to canada, mexico, bolivia, japan, who knows, but I'm planning on leaving our country. Whether most think so or not, I think our government is on the verge of corruption.
On the verge of? :lol:
Where have you been?
1999 Ram 2500 4x4 360, 1986 Ford LTD 3.8L, 1983 Yamaha Venture Royale 1200
eaglecatcher
Master Standardshifter

Post by eaglecatcher »

comingbackdown wrote:
eaglecatcher wrote:

On the verge of? :lol:
Where have you been?
oh yeah. i guess I was thinking more along the lines of we are about to have a coup d'etat, corruption was poor word choice on my part. I dunno what i was thinking.
Z1 Intake
Z1 2.5" Test pipes
AMS Short Shifter
SZ Subframe Spacers
DDM Tuning 6000k HIDs
snikro
Senior Standardshifter

Post by snikro »

eaglecatcher wrote:I agree that our country will fall, and I don't think it will be very long. In my life, I doubt it, but quite possibly in the next generations. Either way, I plan to move out of this country as soon as possible. Whehter that means I go to canada, mexico, bolivia, japan, who knows, but I'm planning on leaving our country. Whether most think so or not, I think our government is on the verge of corruption.
True that man. You took the words out of my mouth.

And the worst thing is that the majority of people, although they may dislike what the government is doing, have NO IDEA what's really going on and how bad it is. They also think that just by electing a new president (eg. barack or hillary) that everything's going to just turn around. Not so. Between all the deception, the way the media is nowadays, the forfeiting of privacy and liberty for "security", and many, many other things, the founding fathers must be rolling in their graves right now - it's disgusting.
'73 Schwinn Suburban
'85 Honda Aero 50 (Sold)