Does this half make sense?

Off-topic posts, quotes of the day and anything else you just would like to vent to the world. PG-13 or below PLEASE!
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty

Does this half make sense?

Post by Rope-Pusher »

GM Canada and its dealers to train Oshawa workers to be service techs
If your experienced at putting vehicles together, might you have a leg up on the other guy when it comes to taking them apart?

http://canada.autonews.com/article/2018 ... ews-weekly
'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"
tankinbeans
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 17 Mazda6 To, 18 Mazda3 i

Re: Does this half make sense?

Post by tankinbeans »

Why do I want to say that workers on the assembly line would be worse at being techs? They're used to the product in its virgin state before all the crap is bolted on.
17 Mazda6 Touring
18 Mazda3 iSport
InlinePaul wrote:The driving force of new fangled features to sell more cars [is to] cater to the masses' abject laziness!
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty

Re: Does this half make sense?

Post by Rope-Pusher »

tankinbeans wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:08 pm Why do I want to say that workers on the assembly line would be worse at being techs? They're used to the product in its virgin state before all the crap is bolted on.
I guess that I'd say that the guys who work in end of line repair could already do a fair job of diagnosing and repairing. The people that worked in assembly are still very skilled and experienced about applying the correct torque to fasteners, about being detail-oriented, about avoiding collateral damage, etc. They might still not know how a vehicle works, but they have have an edge over the general public.
One set of skills they haven't learned is how to tackle corroded fasteners.
'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"