Everything you NEVER Wanted to Know About Stop/Start

Off-topic posts, quotes of the day and anything else you just would like to vent to the world. PG-13 or below PLEASE!
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '16 Golf; '07 Altima

Re: Everything you NEVER Wanted to Know About Stop/Start

Post by potownrob » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:58 am

Shadow wrote:
potownrob wrote:yeah, the SS isn't that busy lately, not dead though (it has been at times though). makes me wonder if members are cheating on the SS, or maybe they're just busy. i go on other forums, but usually come back to check the SS, despite not even driving manual anymore. not many new members lately, that i've noticed at least. i think we had this convo before, but didn't you have another jeep recently that you hated?? i also thought you got the new gen a5 (??). either way, welcome back again.
I had a Grand Cherokee Overland (black) that was an awesome vehicle other than the shitty 8-speed automatic that never worked right. And to be honest, the new one isn't exactly perfect either. These are ZF 8 speeds that are widely used in luxury cars and they are supposedly very good transmissions. Unfortunately, FCA can't seem to get the software right on them. Oh well, at least they haven't ever left me stranded. I would have gotten another 4Runner to replace my old 2004, but I can't stomach the looks of the new 4Runner. And for whatever reason, Toyota has been with the same generation 4Runner since the 2010 model year, so the damn thing is ancient at this point. I don't know why they don't come out with a new generation already....but the old one seems to be selling stronger as it ages. Go figure.

As for the Audi, I do not like the B9 (second generation) cars at all from a styling standpoint. I do love the facelifted B8 cars (known as B8.5), so I had to get a new one before they were gone. I still really love driving the car, but I got bit by the mod bug when I purchased the new one. I did suspension (KW fully adjustable coilovers), bigger hybrid turbo & tune running adjustable boost levels (up to 25 psi), AWE quad tip exhaust (which is still quiet, but has a much nicer sound than the OEM exhaust) and a few other things here and there. So much more fun than stock.
Ok, I think you told me most of that last time, but that was a while back. That sounds like a killer setup with the a5. I like the looks overal of the current 4Runner (wasn’t it refreshed in like 2014?) but couldn’t justify the need for it vs. the drawbacks like lower mpgs. I also dig the new Tacoma but couldn’t justify the truck layout (truck bed vs interior cargo space). A manual v6 taco truck could bring me out of manual retirement if I think about it too much...
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.

Shadow
Master Standardshifter

Post by Shadow » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:07 pm

So you got a new Golf with an automatic?

potownrob
Master Standardshifter

Post by potownrob » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:12 pm

Shadow wrote:So you got a new Golf with an automatic?
yessir. It is a nice driving and riding car for an automatic compact hatchback. Plenty of pep too.
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.

potownrob
Master Standardshifter

Post by potownrob » Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:36 pm