forum member on the voice

Off-topic posts, quotes of the day and anything else you just would like to vent to the world. PG-13 or below PLEASE!
ra64t
Master Standardshifter

forum member on the voice

Post by ra64t »

was browsing my facebook a few days ago and saw that an old forum member (zender I think was his name) is currently on NBC's the voice reality show:

http://www.nbc.com/the-voice/artists/benji/

congrats and good luck!
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty

Re: forum member on the voice

Post by Rope-Pusher »

I was unaware they had a Shifting category.
'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 CX-5 GT

Post by potownrob »

there used to be several members from the orlando and central florida area, including zender, ash (paul), johnf, nychold etc., and they even had meets...not sure what happened to them all... :? :?: :)
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
noob5,000,000
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 1986 Mazda RX-7 x2

Post by noob5,000,000 »

Hmm, I never realized that all those disappeared members were from the same-ish area (state, at least). StandardShift must have a 'Floridian Curse'.
1986 Mazda RX-7 sport - slowly returning to the Earth
1986 Mazda RX-7 base - Project car, ???, In pieces, turbo parts around.
potownrob
Master Standardshifter

Post by potownrob »

noob5,000,000 wrote:Hmm, I never realized that all those disappeared members were from the same-ish area (state, at least). StandardShift must have a 'Floridian Curse'.
:)
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
watkins
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Saab 9-5 Aero wagon

Post by watkins »

I hope I dont disappear when I go down to Florida in April. You guys would be lost without me.
potownrob
Master Standardshifter

Post by potownrob »

i think i did disappear when i went down to florida in june, but then i reappeared upon returning to NY. guess it's only permanent if you stay in florida and, if you stay in florida long enough, you will get stuck in florida. that's what my step brother told me at least :lol:
Squint
Master Standardshifter

Post by Squint »

potownrob wrote:i think i did disappear when i went down to florida in june, but then i reappeared upon returning to NY. guess it's only permanent if you stay in florida and, if you stay in florida long enough, you will get stuck in florida. that's what my step brother told me at least :lol:
You just get old and get absorbed into one of those old people communities. The shuffle board and bridge games.. they just won't let you leave.
'15 Mazda 3 iSport Hatch 6MT
'11 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SE 5MT
'14 Giant Escape City 24MT
'97 Honda Civic EX 4AT - Retired @ 184,001 mi

For Pony!
potownrob
Master Standardshifter

Post by potownrob »

Squint wrote:
potownrob wrote:i think i did disappear when i went down to florida in june, but then i reappeared upon returning to NY. guess it's only permanent if you stay in florida and, if you stay in florida long enough, you will get stuck in florida. that's what my step brother told me at least :lol:
You just get old and get absorbed into one of those old people communities. The shuffle board and bridge games.. they just won't let you leave.
nah bra, i was talkin bout running out of dough and getting stuck down there with a shitty job if you can find one
Squint
Master Standardshifter

Post by Squint »

potownrob wrote:nah bra, i was talking bout running out of dough and getting stuck down there with a shitty job
That's what they want you to think. They just don't let you leave. All the walkers and wheelchairs get piled up on the border, creating a wall of dented aluminum and tennis balls. That's when the old people, shuffling along with their canes (since they no longer have walkers and wheelchairs) come along, tempting you with warm winters and shuffleboard. You want to say no, but then you realize you can't leave...

(worst horror movie plot. EVER. :lol: )
'15 Mazda 3 iSport Hatch 6MT
'11 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SE 5MT
'14 Giant Escape City 24MT
'97 Honda Civic EX 4AT - Retired @ 184,001 mi

For Pony!
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty

Post by Rope-Pusher »

noob5,000,000 wrote:Hmm, I never realized that all those disappeared members were from the same-ish area (state, at least). Must be the a 'Floridian Curves'.
'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"
wannabe
Master Standardshifter
Cars: NONE - take the bus

Post by wannabe »

he never disappeared. he's busy all over facebook. he has a band (built to be broken) and they're apparently doing well
2003 Chrysler town and country

Crafting and stuff
potownrob
Master Standardshifter

Post by potownrob »

wannabe wrote:he never disappeared. he's busy all over facebook. he has a band (built to be broken) and they're apparently doing well
i think by he, you mean johnf, and facebook is not standardshift :? :( 8)

edit: apparently, that's zender's band. facebook truly is too big for its britches...
wannabe
Master Standardshifter
Cars: NONE - take the bus

Post by wannabe »

potownrob wrote:
wannabe wrote:he never disappeared. he's busy all over facebook. he has a band (built to be broken) and they're apparently doing well
i think by he, you mean johnf, and facebook is not standardshift :? :( 8)

edit: apparently, that's zender's band. facebook truly is too big for its britches...
NO. i meant benji. i know what i'm talking about and who i'm talking about, rob.
2003 Chrysler town and country

Crafting and stuff