What Were Your Past Cell Phones

Off-topic posts, quotes of the day and anything else you just would like to vent to the world. PG-13 or below PLEASE!
theholycow
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '80 Buick LeSabre 4.1 5MT

Re: What Were Your Past Cell Phones

Post by theholycow »

LHO, have you streamed music with the Virgin Mobile LG Rumor2, or only played from the microSD? If so, what sites can you stream from?
1980 Buick LeSabre 4.1L 5MT

Put your car in your sig!

Learn to launch/FAQs/lugging/misused terms: meta-sig
watkins wrote:Humans have rear-biased AWD. Cows have 4WD
FDSpirit
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2000 Honda Civic Si

Post by FDSpirit »

You might be able to use shoutcast's site. Id email my links to my phone and open the links up and the media player would stream the music. That's what I had to do on my Sidekick.
2000 Honda Civic Si- Slightly faster than your grandmomma's grocery getter......slightly.
AHTOXA
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '19 4RUNNER TRD ORP

Post by AHTOXA »

LHOswald wrote:i get reprimanded on a daily basis for not selling enough with laptops, printers and digital cameras. i tell my customers the truth. most times, it is a good idea to get warranties (electronics are made at the lowest bidder, and the manufacturer will tell you to f*ck off if you call them with a problem) but if people don't want warranties or other stuff with their product (the two ways we're graded on selling is selling warranties, and selling stuff with the product, called "Market Basket") then im not gonna push them. they're the ones buying the goddamn thing and if they don't want the bells and whistles (be it too much money or just not wanting them) is their own damn business!
Your job as a salesman is to have the customer understand the value of what you are try to sell in terms of how it relates to them in their particular case. Those that tell you they don't want it may not understand what it entails. You should never force anyone to buy anything, but you would be surprised how many people say no just to say no and with a small effort, can be soldthe product.

Then again, I hated sales. Hated it to my core.
'19 Toyota 4Runner TRD ORP
'12 Suzuki V-Strom 650
theholycow
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '80 Buick LeSabre 4.1 5MT

Post by theholycow »

FDSpirit wrote:You might be able to use shoutcast's site. Id email my links to my phone and open the links up and the media player would stream the music. That's what I had to do on my Sidekick.
:lol: I remember doing something similar to stream music on my M500.
1980 Buick LeSabre 4.1L 5MT

Put your car in your sig!

Learn to launch/FAQs/lugging/misused terms: meta-sig
watkins wrote:Humans have rear-biased AWD. Cows have 4WD
six
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2015 Chevrolet SS 6MT

Post by six »

LHOswald wrote:i get reprimanded on a daily basis for not selling enough with laptops, printers and digital cameras. i tell my customers the truth. most times, it is a good idea to get warranties (electronics are made at the lowest bidder, and the manufacturer will tell you to f*ck off if you call them with a problem) but if people don't want warranties or other stuff with their product (the two ways we're graded on selling is selling warranties, and selling stuff with the product, called "Market Basket") then im not gonna push them. they're the ones buying the goddamn thing and if they don't want the bells and whistles (be it too much money or just not wanting them) is their own damn business!
I wish every sales guy was like you. You'd be the one I'd go to every time if I had a question. If I wanted the damn warranty, I would buy it on my own! I'm glad you let me make the decision.
2015 Heron White Chevrolet SS Sedan 6MT
Zexel
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: 2005 Scion tC RS 1.0

Post by Zexel »

Started out with the LG VX6100 when I was 16.

After 20 months (when I qualified for an upgrade) I got this - the Motorola RAZR Maxx Ve

Then about 6 months later, the LG Voyager launched so I bought that outright at $550.

I got bored with that and wanted an actual smartphone I could customize, so a few months later I got the Pearl 8130...bought it outright.

The next summer, the Curve 8330 launched on Verizon so I hopped on that..bought it outright.

Then I was dabbling with the idea of getting off my mom's plan and switching to a SIM card based phone, so I paid a $100 prorated ETF for what was left of my Verizon contract and ported to AT&T. I got a free phone with the contract, then bought the Nokia N95-4 unlocked at full price.

4 days later I decided I hated it and couldn't go back to not having a full keyboard, so I returned the N95-4 and the free phone that came with the contract, canceled out of the contract within the return policy, then went and got a new number and a new contract with the iPhone 3G 16 GB.

I loved my iPhone 3G so much that I actually kept it for the full contract term, the first time that's happened since I had my very first phone. The iPhone 4 launched last summer so I upgraded to that (a 32 GB model) and that's what I continue to use to this day.
Driving stick since April 8th, 2008.
ElectroGhandi
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 1994 Isuzu Rodeo V6

Post by ElectroGhandi »

As much of a phone geek as I am (or used to be), I've never bought a phone outright XD
Zexel
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: 2005 Scion tC RS 1.0

Post by Zexel »

I work at Best Buy so I get a discount on them, otherwise it would've been more detrimental to my wallet. I also sell each phone back on eBay after I'm done with it, and I take great care of my phones so I always get top dollar back for them.

I also forgot to list the phones I've had on my employee lines! :D

AT&T - $20/month - BlackBerry Bold 9000 (Sold and disconnected)
Verizon - $25/month - BlackBerry Bold 9630 then upgraded to the Motorola Droid 2 (currently still have)
Sprint - $30/month - Novatel Wireless MiFi 2200 Mobile Hotspot (disconnected)
Driving stick since April 8th, 2008.
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 CX-5 GT

Post by potownrob »

Zexel wrote:Image
Started out with the LG VX6100 when I was 16.

After 20 months (when I qualified for an upgrade) I got this - the Motorola RAZR Maxx Ve

Then about 6 months later, the LG Voyager launched so I bought that outright at $550...(more phones bought outright)...
damn, i thought i was bad for buying phones used when my old phone worked fine. gotta hold out then get them cheaper on ebay :shock: :lol: :)
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
potownrob
Master Standardshifter

Post by potownrob »

LHOswald wrote:...if people don't want warranties or other stuff with their product (the two ways we're graded on selling is selling warranties, and selling stuff with the product, called "Market Basket") then im not gonna push them. they're the ones buying the goddamn thing and if they don't want the bells and whistles (be it too much money or just not wanting them) is their own damn business!
+10000000000 :lol:
market basket was terrible for us, despite a couple of the techs doing exceptionally well (one even got me to get a warranty on a printer i bought a week after quitting the depot, damn persistent)...
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
LHOswald
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '99 Civic Hatch w/B16a

Post by LHOswald »

potownrob wrote:
LHOswald wrote:...if people don't want warranties or other stuff with their product (the two ways we're graded on selling is selling warranties, and selling stuff with the product, called "Market Basket") then im not gonna push them. they're the ones buying the goddamn thing and if they don't want the bells and whistles (be it too much money or just not wanting them) is their own damn business!
+10000000000 :lol:
market basket was terrible for us, despite a couple of the techs doing exceptionally well (one even got me to get a warranty on a printer i bought a week after quitting the depot, damn persistent)...
you go back there and you stab him. STAB HIM UNTIL HES DEAD!!!!!!!!!

oh and THC you cant stream music from that phone. or at least i dont know how to. i just download it, put it on the microSD and bump jams 8)
potownrob
Master Standardshifter

Post by potownrob »

LHOswald wrote:you go back there and you stab him. STAB HIM UNTIL HES DEAD!!!!!!!!!
LOL :lol: yeah, i was uber pissed about that but, what's worse, is that i was pissed while he was pushing the warranty - it was as though i had no choice in the matter (and as though i hadn't known this guy and vice versa despite working with him for 1.5 years) :evil: :oops: :lol:
LHOswald
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '99 Civic Hatch w/B16a

Post by LHOswald »

if it makes you feel any better, my girlfriends mother payed half for my girlfriends laptop, and i convinced her to buy a 2-year extended warranty, MS Office H&S, Kaspersky Internet Security 2010 and mad other little shit (mouse, flash drive, CD's). in reality it worked out cause she needed all that stuff anyway (didnt really need the warranty though. she bought an HP DM4. shits a tank) but man did my numbers look good after that week :) :) :)
1974Alfa5spd
Master Standardshifter

Post by 1974Alfa5spd »

The funniest thing was when my brother bought a netbook, they gave (sold) him an antivirus program that came on a CD. :lol:
If you don't get it, netbooks don't have disc drives.
wannabe
Master Standardshifter
Cars: NONE - take the bus

Post by wannabe »

1974Alfa5spd wrote:The funniest thing was when my brother bought a netbook, they gave (sold) him an antivirus program that came on a CD. :lol:
If you don't get it, netbooks don't have disc drives.
yes. i know. i have a net book. drew gave me a movie to watch...i was like, um.......
2003 Chrysler town and country

Crafting and stuff