rolled car

Off-topic posts, quotes of the day and anything else you just would like to vent to the world. PG-13 or below PLEASE!
wannabe
Master Standardshifter
Cars: NONE - take the bus

Re: rolled car

Post by wannabe »

fa22raptorf22 wrote:
paul34 wrote:Are you sure she would appreciate you sharing so much, including pictures of her in the hospital, with a bunch of strangers on a forum she's not a part of?
Its all good-- we are all friendly on here... I think..........

On another note, I hope and pray she gets better.

It sucks that happened the way it did....
whats worse, putting it on facebook, the forum or the internet (carepages.com) ?

i would think this would be safer than fbook...

she wants as many people as possible to be praying, obviously...
2003 Chrysler town and country

Crafting and stuff
wannabe
Master Standardshifter

Post by wannabe »

she's doing great

transferring to a rehab hospital tomorrow
no trachea in now

AND

SHE"S TALKING

Crafting and stuff
wannabe
Master Standardshifter

Post by wannabe »

new update

"Good news - April is getting another day pass for New Year's (Saturday). Also, her neck brace is coming off in two weeks from this Thursday. In case you didn't know, her feeding tube was removed about a week ago. She is able to eat pretty much anything now, although she does need assistance eating as she has limited mobility in her wrists and fingers.

In occupational therapy, April is able to write her signature by using a pen-holding device that holds her thumb and index fingers in place -- although it's not perfect. In April's words, "It looks like a five-year old who is trying to forge her mother's signature to go on a field trip." Ha Ha! :) With this device, she is also able to write sentences and draw shapes. She says that it's a little sloppy, but she's working on it. Practice makes perfect!

With electrical stimulation therapy, April is re-gaining some finger extension, and her wrists are re-gaining full range of motion. This type of therapy is designed to "wake up" her muscles... and it's working. Unfortunately, her physician does not want to try electrical stimulation on her legs, because they are not moving (voluntarily). The therapists give two reasons for not trying e-stem therapy on her legs: it would be a waste of therapy time, and there is no proven evidence that it has worked on dormant muscles. However, there isn't evidence that it has not worked either. April and her family are very frustrated with the doctor's and therapists' unwillingness to try e-stem on her legs. April and her spine surgeon believe it would not hurt to try it.

She still has no feeling in her mid section (belly button to knee). She has some numbness in her left forearm. There is still no finger, leg, foot or toe movement.

She and her family are keeping faith in God that He will restore her body completely. One day she will walk again and move her arms and legs without restriction. Every day, April is claiming Luke 13:13, "And immediately she was made erect again..." and Jeremiah 29:11, "'I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'"

Please keep praying for April. She needs your prayers, love and support more than ever. So, visit her! As a reminder, visiting hours are 9am-9pm, and it's OK to visit during therapy. She is in room 324. Although she appreciates your prayers, she also needs you to visit.

Regards"

Crafting and stuff
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty

Post by Rope-Pusher »

Shirley a couple electrons couldn't hurt, right? Are the Drs just conserving treatment dollars, or do they think the treatment might do more harm than good? Seams tummy they should explain pros and cons and let her decide whether to try it or not.

I remember hearing of a man that was struck blind by lightning and years later was struck sighted by lightning. Nobody asked him if he wanted to get struck by a bolt from the blue again, to see if it might help, and maybe a second hit had more potential for harm than good, but in his case it worked out great.
'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"
Zexel
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: 2005 Scion tC RS 1.0

Post by Zexel »

Rope-Pusher wrote:Shirley a couple electrons couldn't hurt, right?
No, they couldn't. And don't call me Shirley. (Sorry, I couldn't resist the Airplane quote. :D)

I'll keep your friend in my thoughts. I'm glad she's recovering from such a horrific crash.
Driving stick since April 8th, 2008.
wannabe
Master Standardshifter

Post by wannabe »

so, she updated facebook and her carepage today...SHE CAN MOVE HER KNEES AND HER TOES...voluntarily! before it was just spasms, involuntary movements...but now SHE'S doing it...:D
Last edited by wannabe on Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Crafting and stuff
LHOswald
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '99 Civic Hatch w/B16a

Post by LHOswald »

spasms*

good to hear though! what ever happened to the asshole that caused it?
wannabe
Master Standardshifter

Post by wannabe »

thanks

idk...i don't think her parents wanted to press charges...idk

Crafting and stuff
Progressive Shifter
Junior Standardshifter

Post by Progressive Shifter »

They should, that jackoff made a bad mistake that could have killed her. But, I'm glad to hear that she's feeling better. May thoughts and best wishes to full recovery be with her, from me! :D
MANUALS ARE SO UNDERRATED!! xD
wannabe
Master Standardshifter

Post by wannabe »

Progressive Shifter wrote:They should, that jackoff made a bad mistake that could have killed her. But, I'm glad to hear that she's feeling better. May thoughts and best wishes to full recovery be with her, from me! :D
yes, thats true, but that "jackoff", as you put him (not nice to call names...), knows he did wrong, and has been following aprils recovery pretty much the whole time....

and i don't think they'll press charges...they don't seem to be that type of family...they more rely on the grace of God than pressing charges. i dunno.

Crafting and stuff
LHOswald
Master Standardshifter

Post by LHOswald »

wannabe wrote:they more rely on the grace of God
LOL
94Corolla5Speed
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 1994 Corolla, 1990 Miata

Post by 94Corolla5Speed »

LHOswald wrote:
wannabe wrote:they more rely on the grace of God
LOL
I also chortled.
Progressive Shifter
Junior Standardshifter

Post by Progressive Shifter »

Well, I understand that that was wrong to call him that, and for that I am sincerely sorry.
MANUALS ARE SO UNDERRATED!! xD
LHOswald
Master Standardshifter

Post by LHOswald »

Progressive Shifter wrote:Well, I understand that that was wrong to call him that, and for that I am sincerely sorry.
i thought jackass was the perfect thing to call that guy. personally i would've used retarded asshole though
wannabe
Master Standardshifter

Post by wannabe »

hey guys? don't mock their religion/beliefs, k?

Crafting and stuff