Are you happy you were born?

Off-topic posts, quotes of the day and anything else you just would like to vent to the world. PG-13 or below PLEASE!
watkins
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Saab 9-5 Aero wagon

Re: Are you happy you were born?

Post by watkins »

JackBauer wrote:the big bang theory points to God.. What created the big bang?
oye
http://www.umich.edu/~gs265/bigbang.htm wrote:About 15 billion years ago a tremendous explosion started the expansion of the universe. This explosion is known as the Big Bang. At the point of this event all of the matter and energy of space was contained at one point. What exisisted prior to this event is completely unknown and is a matter of pure speculation.
Spec-u-la-tion. Do you know that word? That means its anybody's guess as to what exactly happens and nobody knows for sure. So no, the Big Bang does not point to god. Its completely open-ended.

Are you at all aware that the rest of your post is not in the least bit scientific? You dont know a damn thing about how science works. Learn science before trying to use science. Start by learning the definition of theory:
As used in science, a theory is an explanation or model based on observation, experimentation, and reasoning, especially one that has been tested and confirmed as a general principle helping to explain and predict natural phenomena.

Any scientific theory must be based on a careful and rational examination of the facts
Leedeth
Master Standardshifter

Post by Leedeth »

Lol JB is making god sound like some kind of corrupt king; YOU MUST WORSHIP ME OR GET SENT TO HELL.

Bwahahahahaha.
JackBauer
Master Standardshifter

Post by JackBauer »

Leedeth wrote:Lol JB is making god sound like some kind of corrupt king; YOU MUST WORSHIP ME OR GET SENT TO HELL.

Bwahahahahaha.
It's more like "You need me and you need to get rid of your pride or your going to hell"

Everything is fine, i'm surprised we were able to have a convo. like this without ppl bashing each other. Everyone is entitled to their own beliefs, i'm going to be typing according to mine so no need to get offensive or anything. I'm not being rude to anyone and no one yets been rude to me or anything, lets just keep it that way so things don't go south
Leedeth
Master Standardshifter

Post by Leedeth »

Ok my bad, I was an ass, I take back what I said but my point stays.
JackBauer wrote:You want the purpose in life? Having children is one of the purposes. God was dead serious about the survival and spread of the species. it was a command to have children, and God places a need in most women to want to have children, despite pain or w/e. The real purpose, why we were created, is to bring glory to God. Theres your purpose right there. Bringing glory to God and having fellowship with him is why you were created.. thats it.

I agree with you, nothing IMO can justify hell, why not just destroy the soul and spirit in one sweep, instead of eternal torture? Maybe its against Gods rules to do that for whatever reason, i don't know, but hell is real and you will go there with out Jesus christ. That being said, do you know why hell was made? heres the cliche explanation, and it is the truth. It was never made for humans, it was made for rebellious angels and satan. When you don't have God, you live for the flesh, and the flesh always desires evil, and the flesh will lead you to satan, and thats where you'll spend eternity.
The purpose in life of having children is to further the survival of the species.

And eternal torture. Eternal torture is worse than death itself, that's why. That's why a lifetime in jail is worse than sending them to the electric chair, because they have to suffer every moment they're alive.
JackBauer
Master Standardshifter

Post by JackBauer »

I agree.
death is much better than hell. Check out the bill weise testimony
http://www.spiritlessons.com/Documents/ ... l_Text.htm
atheist
Junior Standardshifter

Post by atheist »

Seriously im going to say you need some help.. I stumbled upon this site and saw your babbling about how we all are going to hell.. my name says it all.. yes i believe there is no god.. no i dont care what you believe in. yes i think you're an idiot for saying we are all going to hell.. yes i think youve had a secluded life and need to get out away from the brainwashing. get help.. suicide hotline would work for you. the big bang theory, doesnt point to a god, or god, or whoever you want to say it points to. chemical reactions, all that scientific crap. and why did it happen? because it just did. you prove that there is positively and definitely "God". otherwise shut your mouth and deal with life the way it is. yes i know i spelt my name wrong for all of you that were thinking/saying, that this idiot (points to self) spelt it wrong. purposely . one more word before i never come back to this site. EVOLUTION
JackBauer
Master Standardshifter

Post by JackBauer »

I'm telling you the truth, my heart grieves for you.
AHTOXA
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '19 4RUNNER TRD ORP

Post by AHTOXA »

JackBauer wrote: It's more like "You need me and you need to get rid of your pride or your going to hell"
Rid me of my pride? :lol:

You're saying I should follow someone who does not exist through the book written by lunatics, maybe - we don't know. Then you want me to get rid of my pride? Wouldn't that make me a worthless rag with no personal opinion or belief, following and believing blindly everything I see in a book? I'd look like a fool.
'19 Toyota 4Runner TRD ORP
'12 Suzuki V-Strom 650
Solotw
Senior Standardshifter

Post by Solotw »

I believe that anything is possible. So I do believe it possible that JackBauer is correct. However I sincerely hope he is not. Pisses me off thinking about this god. "You need me, get rid of your pride".

Also, there is a school of thought that says god was created to make life more tolerable.

Working man: Hard life, works hard, has a hard time feeding his family, gets stepped on and pushed down. Give him a god so that he doesn't rebel against the big-boys. Give him someone to lean on and make him "stronger". Give him someone to get him through this life without causing trouble. By giving him god you have done this, made him accept this life and made him no longer a threat.

So that is also a possibility of how god was created.
AHTOXA
Master Standardshifter

Post by AHTOXA »

Remember, god did not create us, but rather we have created god.
'12 Suzuki V-Strom 650
Nychold
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2007 Scion tC

Post by Nychold »

Solotw wrote:Working man: Hard life, works hard, has a hard time feeding his family, gets stepped on and pushed down. Give him a god so that he doesn't rebel against the big-boys. Give him someone to lean on and make him "stronger". Give him someone to get him through this life without causing trouble. By giving him god you have done this, made him accept this life and made him no longer a threat.

So that is also a possibility of how god was created.
Quite frankly, I think that's the only reasonable way to look at God. Just look at the Gods of old. They were all there to explain some phenomena that early man couldn't fathom. Why does the lightning strike and why is the thunder so loud? Why does the rain come? Why does the sun rise and set? We made them Gods, and told people that they do as they do, and that you cannot understand their nature because it is above you. It's the same old myth, tale, belief, whatever you choose to call it. Just made modern for the modern man.

I just hope one day we can learn to live without -isms. -isms always cause problems. :lol:
Watercolor: I'm a grade A bone sucker!
Me: :shock: :) :D :twisted:
AHTOXA
Master Standardshifter

Post by AHTOXA »

Nychold wrote: I just hope one day we can learn to live without -isms. -isms always cause problems. :lol:
Perfectionism?
Perversionism?
Stalinism?

[gasp]

Idealism?
'12 Suzuki V-Strom 650
Solotw
Senior Standardshifter

Post by Solotw »

STANDARDSHIFTISM FOR THE f**k WIN!!!!
Nychold
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2007 Scion tC

Post by Nychold »

AHTOXA wrote:
Nychold wrote: I just hope one day we can learn to live without -isms. -isms always cause problems. :lol:
Perfectionism?
Perversionism?
Stalinism?

[gasp]

Idealism?
:lol: It was from South Park, basically saying that all belief structures that become religious always lead to disagreements, and eventually wars.
Watercolor: I'm a grade A bone sucker!
Me: :shock: :) :D :twisted:
Leedeth
Master Standardshifter

Post by Leedeth »

AHTOXA wrote:Remember, god did not create us, but rather we have created god.
QFT, why didn't I think of that.