Misc Thread VI: Return of the Threadi

Off-topic posts, quotes of the day and anything else you just would like to vent to the world. PG-13 or below PLEASE!
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 CX-5 GT

Re: Misc Thread VI: Return of the Threadi

Post by potownrob »

wannabe wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:14 pm Someone remind me how to load a picture?

I feel old

But I applied for a supervisor position at my job.

Unsure if I know how to supervise! But it can’t be too difficult, lots of other people do it!
just smile and nod…and slap!! :twisted: :shock:

JK about the smiling :)
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
ClutchFork
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2008 Fusion 2.3L manual

Post by ClutchFork »

wannabe wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:14 pm Someone remind me how to load a picture?

I feel old

But I applied for a supervisor position at my job.

Unsure if I know how to supervise! But it can’t be too difficult, lots of other people do it!
I passed on the supervisor position when my boss retired some years ago and I am glad I did. Not a fun job where I am and it was not in my personality. You are different so perhaps it will work fine for you. A lot depends on the character of those who work for you. I once (35 years ago) took a job at a company that sells plants and does landscaping. I was to become a supervisor but quit after the first day because the people I'd have to supervise were all a bunch of dope heads, smoking pot and doing donuts with the Bobcat. Trying to cut aluminum with an oxyacetylene torch (not cut but melts). I just did not feel it was worth it.
Stick shiftin since '77
theholycow wrote:Why in the world would you even want to be as smooth as an automatic? Might as well just drive an automatic...
watkins
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Saab 9-5 Aero wagon

Post by watkins »

You know what's f*cking cool?

Tenth wedding anniversary parties that go off without a hitch. Those are cool.

If only the photographer could appease my impatient ass and get us our pictures already.
potownrob
Master Standardshifter

Post by potownrob »

watkins wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:06 pm You know what's f*cking cool?

Tenth wedding anniversary parties that go off without a hitch. Those are cool.

If only the photographer could appease my impatient ass and get us our pictures already.
editing takes time bro. did they send you some proofs at least?
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
watkins
Master Standardshifter

Post by watkins »

Not yet, though it was Saturday night and not much time has passed. We're just impatient b*tches
potownrob
Master Standardshifter

Post by potownrob »

Teamwork wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:00 pm Good evening :shock:
GUTEN ABEND HERR TEAMWORM!! WIE GEHT'S?! :mrgreen:
potownrob
Master Standardshifter

Post by potownrob »

watkins wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:08 am Not yet, though it was Saturday night and not much time has passed. We're just impatient b*tches
why'd eye jest see this message? actually, i think i saw it but didn't realize it was in response to something eye said. hopefully, they've sent you something by now... :shock:
potownrob
Master Standardshifter

Post by potownrob »

Teamwork wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:00 pm Good evening :shock:
still got the GTI?
watkins
Master Standardshifter

Post by watkins »

potownrob wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:56 am
watkins wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:08 am Not yet, though it was Saturday night and not much time has passed. We're just impatient b*tches
why'd eye jest see this message? actually, i think i saw it but didn't realize it was in response to something eye said. hopefully, they've sent you something by now... :shock:
Got the pictures Friday afternoon. Under two weeks from the party, so I really can't be mad
potownrob
Master Standardshifter

Post by potownrob »

watkins wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 8:52 am
potownrob wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:56 am
Got the pictures Friday afternoon. Under two weeks from the party, so I really can't be mad

edit: i hate that guy in the meme (and don't care for the office), but he does kinda look kinda like me, so maybe i shouldn't? :?
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty

Post by Rope-Pusher »

https://virtual.autonews.com/nissanz/

Nissan Unveils the new Z-Car
'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"
IMBoring25

Post by IMBoring25 »

I know the 240Z grille was rectangular, but it had a bumper running through the middle of it so you didn't really notice the bottom half of it. That gaping rectangular feature is incongruent with what to my eye is otherwise a tastefully styled little car.
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter

Post by Rope-Pusher »

IMBoring25 wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:47 pm I know the 240Z grille was rectangular, but it had a bumper running through the middle of it so you didn't really notice the bottom half of it. That gaping rectangular feature is incongruent with what to my eye is otherwise a tastefully styled little car.
Makes it the perfect car for a blind Amish person to own!

Also, thankfully, even a sighted Amish person wouldn't be able to see any of that from the driver's seat.

The important part is that they will offer an Amish version, right?
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter

Post by Rope-Pusher »

Yever be sitting at a light and the vehicle next to you rolls backwards and it makes you think your vehicle is rolling forwards?

I was sitting on the side of Woodward Avenue last night, watching all the pre-cruisers drive by (today is the Official Dream Cruise event).

After a couple hours of watching 4 lanes of northbound traffic slowly drive past me, I started to notice a phenomenom whereby the vehicles that stopped appeared to me to be moving in Reverse. I think it is because some of the other lanes of traffic were still driving forward. Or maybe because my eyes had become so used to tracking objects moving left to right that when they stood still my gaze was still scanning left to right.

I've watched the pre-cruise many times before and never noticed this effect. My son told me he was experiencing it about an hour before I observed the same thing. I went driving the cruise this morning with two of my grandsons, but I'm planning on going back out and parking a chair along the curb....in front of the frozen custard place....and seeing if the visual phenomenom repeats today.
potownrob
Master Standardshifter

Post by potownrob »

Rope-Pusher wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 12:51 pm Yever be sitting at a light and the vehicle next to you rolls backwards and it makes you think your vehicle is rolling forwards?

I was sitting on the side of Woodward Avenue last night, watching all the pre-cruisers drive by (today is the Official Dream Cruise event).

After a couple hours of watching 4 lanes of northbound traffic slowly drive past me, I started to notice a phenomenom whereby the vehicles that stopped appeared to me to be moving in Reverse. I think it is because some of the other lanes of traffic were still driving forward. Or maybe because my eyes had become so used to tracking objects moving left to right that when they stood still my gaze was still scanning left to right.

I've watched the pre-cruise many times before and never noticed this effect. My son told me he was experiencing it about an hour before I observed the same thing. I went driving the cruise this morning with two of my grandsons, but I'm planning on going back out and parking a chair along the curb....in front of the frozen custard place....and seeing if the visual phenomenom repeats today.
hap pends two me awl the thyme, brougham. weight, wear am eye? huh?! dude, ware's my karr?!