Misc Thread VI: Return of the Threadi

Off-topic posts, quotes of the day and anything else you just would like to vent to the world. PG-13 or below PLEASE!
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Posts: 10968
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:44 pm
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty
Location: Greater Detroit Area

Re: Misc Thread VI: Return of the Threadi

Post by Rope-Pusher » Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:13 am

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=devo3kdSPQY[/youtube]

I've seen worse videos on explaining how the clutch on an Amish vehicle functions.

Anyone notice the glaring fault?
'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"

User avatar
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Posts: 7536
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2005 11:35 pm
Cars: '13 ES 350; '07 Altima
Location: Dutchess County

Re: Misc Thread VI: Return of the Threadi

Post by potownrob » Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:58 am

Rope-Pusher wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:13 am
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=devo3kdSPQY[/youtube]

I've seen worse videos on explaining how the clutch on an Amish vehicle functions.

Anyone notice the glaring fault?
eye made it about 3 minutes in before i couldn't maintain enough attention to watch anymore. he did say something about hills and clutches, at least implying that he was going to propagate holding the car on a hill with the clutch. someone else without ADD can let me know what happens later in the video. :shock:
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.

Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Posts: 10968
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:44 pm
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty
Location: Greater Detroit Area

Re: Misc Thread VI: Return of the Threadi

Post by Rope-Pusher » Tue Dec 24, 2019 9:18 am

potownrob wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:58 am
Rope-Pusher wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:13 am
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=devo3kdSPQY[/youtube]

I've seen worse videos on explaining how the clutch on an Amish vehicle functions.

Anyone notice the glaring fault?
eye made it about 3 minutes in before i couldn't maintain enough attention to watch anymore. he did say something about hills and clutches, at least implying that he was going to propagate holding the car on a hill with the clutch. someone else without ADD can let me know what happens later in the video. :shock:
I know what you mean. There is so much new material posted on this site that it's difficult to find the time to keep up with it all.

As far as "Hanging the vehicle on a slope using clutch friction", it's all a matter of how long you hang it there. If you wait the entire sequence of a traffic signal light, that is maybe too long, right?

The same group made a video on AT vs MT. It's strange how they can do well in some areas, like discussing the function of a synchronizer, but then state that a "Clutch Pack" is used to disconnect the trans from the engine and they show images of an AT clutch pack. I'm stinkin' their lernin' is all from a book.

Oh, and the Hell they caught when they said to press the clutch pedal first before starting to brake. Half the internet jumped in and said how the world as we know it was going to end because the vehicle would be out of control or something if the engine were disconnected from the drive wheels while the vehicle was in motion.
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auQgOtveQi0[/youtube]
'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"

User avatar
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Posts: 7536
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2005 11:35 pm
Cars: '13 ES 350; '07 Altima
Location: Dutchess County

Re: Misc Thread VI: Return of the Threadi

Post by potownrob » Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:46 am

Image
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.

Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Posts: 10968
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:44 pm
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty
Location: Greater Detroit Area

Re: Misc Thread VI: Return of the Threadi

Post by Rope-Pusher » Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:24 am

potownrob wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:46 am
Image
Image
Getting around here dead they are.
'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"

Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Posts: 10968
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:44 pm
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty
Location: Greater Detroit Area

Re: Misc Thread VI: Return of the Threadi

Post by Rope-Pusher » Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:38 am

potownrob wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:46 am
Image
Image
Getting around here dead they are.
'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"

Post Reply