Weird Thing happen whenever I downshift

Read the FAQ and still not sure about something? Want to shift faster? Post here.
ruffrhyder21213
Senior Standardshifter

Post by ruffrhyder21213 »

Like it says on Jomo's description-

*Ignore GSR*
ruffrhyder21213
Senior Standardshifter

Post by ruffrhyder21213 »

ourstoryy wrote:sry guys for thre bad description. The noise sounds like a very loud squeaking
Sounds like your clutch actually, I heard about clutch squeaks but im not to sure how to fix them unless you flush your clutch fluid or replace the master cylinder
coolguy
Master Standardshifter

Post by coolguy »

Well I need to know where that noise comes from before I can say if it is normal or not. Is it from the clutch like other said or is it just from the tires as they rotate?

And that boost your friend made happened BEFORE the downshift completed with the clutch still on the floor or AFTER the downshift completed with the clutch totally released ? :lol:
ourstoryy
Junior Standardshifter

Post by ourstoryy »

He didnt downshift at all. He was just reving at about 3.4 and he just pumps the clutch, and i hear this loud eeeekkk noise and the casr just boosts forward..
Hatchman
Master Standardshifter

Post by Hatchman »

ourstoryy wrote:He didnt downshift at all. He was just reving at about 3.4 and he just pumps the clutch, and i hear this loud eeeekkk noise and the casr just boosts forward..
a totally unnecessary move. If he wants a boost, he should propery shift down a gear or two. Then he'd fly.
jomotopia
Cars: 04 STi, 05 Matrix XR (AT)

Post by jomotopia »

ourstoryy wrote:He didnt downshift at all. He was just reving at about 3.4 and he just pumps the clutch, and i hear this loud eeeekkk noise and the casr just boosts forward..
make him stop or don't let him drive anymore. that's terrible.
2013 Subaru Impreza WRX in Orange
subzero
Master Standardshifter

Post by subzero »

tell your friend to learn how to drive and dont let him drive your car.
FREE ROMAN!
Johnf514
Cars: '07 Mazda3, '06 Ninja 636

Post by Johnf514 »

Ugh! A friend of mine used to do this in his CRX. He called it his "boost." I called it a burnt clutch. :roll:
2007 Mazda3
Mods: 15% tint, Eibach ProKit
2006 Ninja 636
Mods: NOS & sidecar
Sypher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 05 Mazda 3 GT

Post by Sypher »

That actually does absolutely nothing in terms or speed.. infact it slows the car down since the car momentarily lost power (when the clutch is in). And that jolt you feel that is boost, well thats just your car screaming in pain from drivetrain shock. Do us, and yourself, a favor and kick your "friend" in the ass
jomotopia
Cars: 04 STi, 05 Matrix XR (AT)

Post by jomotopia »

or the nuts :lol:
2013 Subaru Impreza WRX in Orange
Nervous
Master Standardshifter

Post by Nervous »

I'd love to ride in a car that's not mine and see how other people drive Manual. I still don't know a single person that has MORE experience than me now.
Hatchman
Master Standardshifter

Post by Hatchman »

Nervous wrote:I'd love to ride in a car that's not mine and see how other people drive Manual.
Yeah same here. Differences I'd compare with myself: downshifting technique, degree of clutch slip on upshifts, revs used to launch, and hill starts.
eaglecatcher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '90 300ZXTT 5MT

Post by eaglecatcher »

I think that noise is just the engine braking. howevr, clutch kick while driving down the road is just stupid.
Z1 Intake
Z1 2.5" Test pipes
HKS 65mm Hi-Power Exhaust
AMS Short Shifter
SZ Subframe Spacers
HKS Vein Pressure Converter
DDM Tuning 6000k HIDs