Try this tomorrow from pacroozer - Resident Troll of SS.com

Read the FAQ and still not sure about something? Want to shift faster? Post here.
GSR
Senior Standardshifter

Try this tomorrow from pacroozer - Resident Troll of SS.com

Post by GSR »

Either downshift or upshift, try this the same exact way. Actually try it on the unpshift and d ownshift, you will see they are done exactly the same.

Upshift: The key here is to accelerate with the go pedal down more than 3 quarters of the way down. Then at any rpm that u desire, start to clutch in at the same time releasing the gas(literally see saw it, nice and smoothly)(.. Yes this will cause you to clutch in with gas still applied(a good amount if your shifting at high rpms). Then shift once the clutch is in all the way and then after the shift get back on the gas. This is all one motion. It takes half a second or less.

Downshift: Same principle. cruise at 3000 rpms in 4th(or if you have balls and skill try from 3rd). give gas more then 3 quarters then do the same thing above but shift down a gear instead of up. The seesaw should be done smoothly , clutch in as you gas out. Do it evenly. Clutch goes in halfway, the gas should be releaseed halfway.
"Powered by Honda"
GSR
Senior Standardshifter

Post by GSR »

Oh and the argument over high rpms being better. I know why higher rpms are better. Heres the reason.

Driving at a constant speed is not good for the engine. Its good to have the MPH go up and down. When the MPH goes up and all of a sudden down quickly, the sound you hear is the oil pump pumping oil to critical components that need oil. Driving at steady speed and the oil pump does not operate effeciently.
"Powered by Honda"
VTECaddict
Master Standardshifter

Post by VTECaddict »

uh huh. is that why cars last longer with freeway miles instead of city miles? :roll:
2006 BMW 330i 6MT
eaglecatcher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '90 300ZXTT 5MT

Post by eaglecatcher »

you are supposed to be off the gas before clutching in, and off the clutch before adding gas. constant rpms are better for the engine, because it doesn't have to work as hard to speed up and slow down, plus you save gas.
Z1 Intake
Z1 2.5" Test pipes
HKS 65mm Hi-Power Exhaust
AMS Short Shifter
SZ Subframe Spacers
HKS Vein Pressure Converter
DDM Tuning 6000k HIDs
GSR
Senior Standardshifter

Post by GSR »

Its cause o f people like you who are unwilling to listen that so many peoploe on this site continue to drive incorrectly. Highway miles are better because the rpms are already high. and once you release the gas on the highway the mph drop fairly quickly. city driving the mph dont drop at all. Especially if your in a high gear like 4th when you should be in 3rd. this is a critical part of breaking in a new vehicle. varying the speed.
"Powered by Honda"
coolguy
Master Standardshifter

Post by coolguy »

GSR:

The first post is nothing new, yet the way you described it will cause a lot of confusion (we will see :P ), and I maybe the only one who understand what you described. :lol:

For the second post, argument over high rpms being better on what? On The Fast and the Furious 3? :lol:
GSR
Senior Standardshifter

Post by GSR »

coolguy wrote:GSR:

The first post is nothing new, yet the way you described it will cause a lot of confusion (we will see :P ), and I maybe the only one who understand what you described. :lol:

For the second post, argument over high rpms being better on what? On The Fast and the Furious 3? :lol:
Hey coolguy, I know for a fact 100 % that you are the only one who understands my first post. Its kinda sad dont you think. Even the moderators dont know or talk about this?
"Powered by Honda"
GSR
Senior Standardshifter

Post by GSR »

eaglecatcher wrote:you are supposed to be off the gas before clutching in, and off the clutch before adding gas. constant rpms are better for the engine, because it doesn't have to work as hard to speed up and slow down, plus you save gas.
what expert told you this advice? Listen to what i say here.....you should always be on the gas, like an automatic is always on the gas.
"Powered by Honda"
subzero
Master Standardshifter

Post by subzero »

lock please?
FREE ROMAN!
Paolo300zx
Master Standardshifter

Post by Paolo300zx »

Im pretty sure my pet potato, henry, could drive stick better than you.
scion_xA
Senior Standardshifter

Post by scion_xA »

Paolo300zx wrote:Im pretty sure my pet potato, henry, could drive stick better than you.
haha :lol: I'm not laughing because who it's directed at, just because it was funny.
2006 Scion xA
Mods: TRD Short Shifter
PureLife
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '98 BMW 323is (2.8)

Post by PureLife »

I'm pretty sure this kid is 15, doesn't have a car yet and feels the need to come on here and bullshit us about transmissions and clutches because he has no real friends of his own (who would be his friend when he's such a cawk anyway ... I sure wouldn't).

Here's a tip: when it was time to purchase whatever it is we drive, every single one of us took the hard earned money out of their pocket or checking account and handed it over. Therefore, we are entitled to treat our cars however we want: if you think it's wrong, it doesn't matter. I paid for it, and I'll pay to fix it, or to buy another one ... and if I want, I will put my car in 4th and let it cruise off a cliff at a constant speed.

Is any one of the supermods/admins on this site capable of using the IP ban tool? This is ridiculous. Give me admin privileges, and I'll ban not only his IP, but the whole range of IPs assigned to his provider.