IMPALA SHIFTER

Read the FAQ and still not sure about something? Want to shift faster? Post here.
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty

IMPALA SHIFTER

Post by Rope-Pusher »

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BM6FQsP2XRY[/youtube]
There was a time that three forward gears was all you needed.
'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 CX-5 GT

Re: IMPALA SHIFTER

Post by potownrob »

ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty

Post by Rope-Pusher »

not only did he get to experience a 3-speed, but he got to experience having a floor-mounted switch for the high beams. We used to joke that when they started to use a steering column stalk for the high beam switch, some dumb blond was going to get her foot caught in the steering wheel spokes when she tried to blink her "Brights"
'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"
ClutchFork
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2008 Fusion 2.3L manual

Post by ClutchFork »

Rope-Pusher wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:37 pm not only did he get to experience a 3-speed, but he got to experience having a floor-mounted switch for the high beams. We used to joke that when they started to use a steering column stalk for the high beam switch, some dumb blond was going to get her foot caught in the steering wheel spokes when she tried to blink her "Brights"
Yep, I remember those floor mounted high-beam switches and if they got rusty from snow and salt deposits they would jam into uselessness.

Ha, when I first glanced at this thread title I thought it was more on the Impaled on a Shifter story. :P
Stick shiftin since '77
theholycow wrote:Why in the world would you even want to be as smooth as an automatic? Might as well just drive an automatic...
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 CX-5 GT

Post by potownrob »

ClutchFork wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:28 am Yep, I remember those floor mounted high-beam switches and if they got rusty from snow and salt deposits they would jam into uselessness.
that might explain why they don't use them anymore. i've seen floor switches on buses though.
Ha, when I first glanced at this thread title I thought it was more on the Impaled on a Shifter story. :P
he saves those stories for the autoshift forums...
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.