Rev-hang revisited - fix may be available soon

Read the FAQ and still not sure about something? Want to shift faster? Post here.
Squint
Master Standardshifter

Re: Rev-hang revisited - fix may be available soon

Post by Squint »

stevenj wrote:Thanks for that information. I gathered I had the pleasure of discussing technical issues of rev hang with a fellow professional with in-depth knowledge of engine control systems. I did not mean to be disrespectful but I only claim to be sure of things I tested, examined, measured or otherwise verified.

I do not know if there are any differences between the AU and US Yaris.
I only bring that up because the majority of actives on here are US based, and if there are significant differences between the vehicles, then a tune for our Yaris might not be the same as a tune for yours. I don't have much knowledge of such things, just thinking about the whole process.

And I don't think you were being disrespectful, I just wanted to give you more info than you previously had.
'15 Mazda 3 iSport Hatch 6MT
'11 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SE 5MT
'14 Giant Escape City 24MT
'97 Honda Civic EX 4AT - Retired @ 184,001 mi

For Pony!
stevenj
Junior Standardshifter

Post by stevenj »

There certainly are small differences between car models for various markets. For example, Yaris sold in colder climates like north USA and Canada has a more powerful starter motor fitted than the AU version. Differences in "tune" could be detected by different part numbers, e.g. for the Engine Control Module.

As for the functional link between a throttle pedal and butterfly valve on Toyota engines, this block diagram http://www.revhang.altervista.org/Chart ... iagram.jpg shows the complexity of modern engine designs. It becomes very difficult if not impossible to change opening/closing of the throttle valve without upsetting other circuits and functions.
stevenj
Junior Standardshifter

Post by stevenj »

Design of my universal CUREVS device to fix rev hang in any car has been completed. It works perfectly.
Squint
Master Standardshifter

Post by Squint »

stevenj wrote:Design of my universal CUREVS device to fix rev hang in any car has been completed. It works perfectly.
Well done! Now market it and make a fortune!
'15 Mazda 3 iSport Hatch 6MT
'11 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SE 5MT
'14 Giant Escape City 24MT
'97 Honda Civic EX 4AT - Retired @ 184,001 mi

For Pony!
LastXdeth
Junior Standardshifter
Cars: 2014 Ford Focus SE

Post by LastXdeth »

These throttle-by-wire pisses me off.

2014 Ford Focus SE (Hatchback)